Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Dubinsky Re-Signed

no information given on length or money... posted on @thenyrangers twitter account this morning

vCash
    heard it was 4 yrs at 4.2 per year

vCash

vCash
    In all honesty i knew with the increased cap situation he was going to get a lot more and especially with the crazy contracts that were being handed. With that being said i guess this is not that terrible looking at those other deals.

vCash
    Now lock up Cally for 4/5 years
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    ughhh.. way too much money.. all star players 7 years ago were barely making $5 million.. now just about everyone is making 2-4..

vCash
    4.2 isn't great but they really wanted to get it done before arbitration and I', happy Dubinsky is staying a Ranger for at least another 4 years. I only see him getting better each year.

vCash
    love that they signed him for another 4 years, however if they sign cally for the same thing, and eminger as a 6/7 d-man for say 800k and assuming mdz and erixon are 5 and 6 we are over the cap (just for the sake of filling out the roster), we are over the cap... i feel the trade/buyout winds blowing

vCash
    i guess you're right, but he's gonna cap off his abilities in a matter of years.. who knows, this may have been the best year of his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    In all honesty i knew with the increased cap situation he was going to get a lot more and especially with the crazy contracts that were being handed. With that being said i guess this is not that terrible looking at those other deals.
    Are you backtracking a lil bit? lol. Great to see him resigned atleast, now to get Cally done. Excited for the coming year. Go Rangers.
    Last edited by bsi; 07-21-2011 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    Are we really saying 4.2 is to high? Really he led the team in points last year and is second behind Gabs for the last 2 seasons. Yet we dont want to buyout Wolski cause he has potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby10 View Post
    ughhh.. way too much money.. all star players 7 years ago were barely making $5 million.. now just about everyone is making 2-4..
    Yeah, but the cap was under $40 mil then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    Yeah, but the cap was under $40 mil then.
    Something has to be done with the floor of the cap system and they have to stop changing the cap every year, lock it in for 5 years or something and then change it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    love that they signed him for another 4 years, however if they sign cally for the same thing, and eminger as a 6/7 d-man for say 800k and assuming mdz and erixon are 5 and 6 we are over the cap (just for the sake of filling out the roster), we are over the cap... i feel the trade/buyout winds blowing
    Capgeek has Rangers at $10.6 in available cap space. Subtracting Dubinsky's $4.2 and Callahan ($4.2 for sake of argument), leaves them with $2.2. Capgeek already lists MDZ, but not Erixon's $1.85, so that leaves only $35,000, but they also list 12 forwards (excluding Dubinsky and Callahan). I doubt they carry 14 forwards. Yeah, add Eminger at about $900,000 and subtract whichever forward(s) from that group who doesn't make the team out of camp. They could still do a buy out on August 1 if they need more flexibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Something has to be done with the floor of the cap system and they have to stop changing the cap every year, lock it in for 5 years or something and then change it.
    Then the league will have to stop making money. The cap and floor are tied to annual revenues through escalator clauses negotiated and agreed to by both sides. Those teams who have to make silly signings this year to get to the floor were underspending to begin with, and it showed (Avs, Isles, Panthers). It likely will change in the next CBA, but not as drastically as many people think. For instance, in the NFL's current negotiations, reports are that their floor will be close to 100% (96% - 98%) of the cap to force the cheap owners to use their revenues for team-related purposes.
    Last edited by dashripdot; 07-21-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast