Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Mets Offense (what a difference a year makes)

In spite of getting no production from Bay, injuries to Wright and Davis, and losing Reyes for a few weeks, this year's Met offense has been way better this year than it was last year. As of this post, they are sixth in the NL in runs scored and second in OBP. Clearly Dave Hudgens is a better hitting coach than Howard Johnson.

Imagine when we get Wright and Davis back, a healthy next year, good things shall happen....
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

It shows you how important Reyes is... we didn't have him last year

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    It shows you how important Reyes is
    This.

It also shows you how they don't need to "rebuild" to compete. They need to get pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching...you'll see in those rankings, the giants, phils and braves, are all behind the mets in runs scored...the game has changed...resign Reyes, trade beltran for a close to ready pitching prospect, see what Harvey is up to next year, add in Santana, maybe you fall ***-backwards into a top of the rotation guy, and make a run at this thing the next few years.
    Last edited by metsgiants35; 07-20-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    The Mets: Continually finding a way to lower a bar already on the ground.

"You either get your #$% kicked or you donít, but get on the mound and throw the baseball"

it has nothing to do with the hitting coach, beltran and reyes have been healthy and ripping the ball, if it was the hitting coach, why is pagan hitting 40 points lower, bay is hitting lower then last year, Thole is hitting way worse then last year, Johnson had to work with guys like, Cora, Barajas, Castillo, Hestman, this year The Mets have Murphy and Turner and Paulino who clearly are better hitters then the guys who are gone from last year

Here is where you get into the Bizzaro world.lol Playing at home on a field seemingly built for a singles,doubles team where the way they are hitting they should be dominant? You would think that logic say's they would excel at home and it is just the opposite. It is truly bizarre that what should be their biggest advantage is their biggest disadvantage.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants35 View Post
    This.

It also shows you how they don't need to "rebuild" to compete. They need to get pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching...you'll see in those rankings, the giants, phils and braves, are all behind the mets in runs scored...the game has changed...resign Reyes, trade beltran for a close to ready pitching prospect, see what Harvey is up to next year, add in Santana, maybe you fall ***-backwards into a top of the rotation guy, and make a run at this thing the next few years.
    They are going to need someone to replace Beltran.

He's a huge reason why there offense has been decent.

They can't ignore the offense this off season
    They are not going to be able to get a rotation as good as those teams right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    They are going to need someone to replace Beltran.

He's a huge reason why there offense has been decent.

They can't ignore the offense this off season
    They are not going to be able to get a rotation as good as those teams right away.
    Ike Davis+ Wright, will probably pick up enough of Beltran's slack...hard to know for sure obviously

"You either get your #$% kicked or you donít, but get on the mound and throw the baseball"

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    I worry that our stats have been skewed by some huge games.

I really haven't seen much from anyone outside of Reyes,Beltran,and Murphy.
    Everyone else is inconsistent,or stinks.

I hope that Wright,and Davis return to there old selves,but I would like to add another run producing bat in the outfield.(with Beltran being gone)

I hope that Wright,and Davis return to there old selves,but I would like to add another run producing bat in the outfield.(with Beltran being gone)
    I mean, Justin Turner is playing more to his capabilities now and has stayed between .260-.280 for a while now while maintaining a .330 OBP. He has been consistent too.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

I should rephrase...you hope the combo of Wright/Davis/ and player X in RF will account for Beltran... because unless Chuck Norris plays center field, we are going to run someone out there to fill out 9 spots.

Repost this thread a month after Beltran is traded. Let's see if the same stats hold water.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Repost this thread a month after Beltran is traded. Let's see if the same stats hold water.
    Well, no Beltran and no Davis will make it hard to make an accurate analysis of whether Davis+Wright+RFX= Beltran

We should bring back Hojo and test the theory the hitting coach don't matter.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    I remember when people argued Hojo was great.

Now imagine what a year of Bones would do for the team's pitching.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast