Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Speculation: Canucks should trade Hodgson/Ballard to NYI for Matt Moulson

The Islanders still need to sign about $10 million in salaries to reach the cap floor. Who knows? Maybe Gillis could pry someone like Matt Moulson away from Garth Snow for, oh, Ballard (and his $4.2-million salary) and Hodgson, say.

Everyone would come out ahead: Hodgson would get a chance to play with other young talent, Ballard would get out of the spotlight, Snow would add $2 million to his cap hit and the Canucks would gain a decent-sized winger who cracked 30 goals the past two seasons, while clearing an extra $1 million in cap space.

It's the dog days, we're allowed to fantasize.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz1SVbL8FeA
    Thoughts on this proposed trade?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Not a chance.

vCash
    Eh, don't see it happening.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Yeah, they 'shouldn't do this. They need don't Ballard gone that bad. Keith could really turn his play around next season. He's had one bad season since entering the league really. Moulson is nice, but is something like 28 years old. Hodgson could be used as bait in a bigger deal for sure.

vCash
    Not a chance.

Moulson isn't the missing link for the Canucks. It would be a terrible trade.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think the Isles would do it, or us really. As a fan I'd do it, but if I put myself in the shoes of management I don't.

vCash
    I'm not really convinced it would be a good deal for us to be honest. I like Moulson and I think he is capable of a lot but I think Hodgson's potential is worth more than Moulson and I think Ballard will be able to be better next year. Just wouldn't make sense for us unless we wanted to save a bit of money that bad. I still truly believe some deal involving Hodgson and Schneider can get us a guy like Parise who would be a much better option. Moulson certainly has his upside. 30+ goals 2 years in a row, can play some solid defense, plays very disciplined. I dunno. I think I want a more proven guy I guess is what I am trying to say.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    30+ goals two years in a row is pretty proven.

You said you wanted Heatley and he didn't even score 30 last year(I know he had 4 straight 39+ before that but just making a point)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    30+ goals two years in a row is pretty proven.

You said you wanted Heatley and he didn't even score 30 last year(I know he had 4 straight 39+ before that but just making a point)
    One off year doesn't mean a player is bad though. Heatley wasn't a top choice of mine but knowing now he was available he could have been a good pickup. I'm not saying Moulson is bad by any means. I just don't feel like hes the best talent for what we would be trading.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'd pass on that Ballard at 4.2 isn't so bad after the deals handed out this summer. He's gonna have a bounce back year this year I believe. He did have major surgery last year. Hodgson could be used to pry a bigger fish Morrow??? Doan??? Moulson is a nice player but not the answer and defintely not at that price.

vCash
    If Islanders need help getting to the floor I'm sure we could send Raymond for Matt Martin. Martin would look nice on our 3rd 4th line.

vCash
    This is such a dumb trade option. Moulson is a slightly more consistent version of Mason Raymond Hodgson being traded like this would be pointless.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    If Islanders need help getting to the floor I'm sure we could send Raymond for Matt Martin. Martin would look nice on our 3rd 4th line.
    Why, that's such a dumb idea too. Hodgson still has potential. Jesus f'king christ. I am not a Mason Raymond fan, but Matt Martin. Give me a break. The guy isn't better than Oreskovich, Buldoc who left or Tanner Glass who went to Winnipeg. Stop please! Matt Martin should scrub the Sedin's toilets.

vCash
    I don't think the Isles would do it. They just locked up Moulson recently. They aren't gonna trade him. Although Hodgson would be tempting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    I don't think the Isles would do it. They just locked up Moulson recently. They aren't gonna trade him. Although Hodgson would be tempting...
    Moulson is an alright player but really Hodgson. I get wanting to move Ballard, but add someone less ceiling with him. lulz.