Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jarome Iginla?

vCash

Jarome Iginla?

Growing up, I always thought the Flames were cool, especially NHLPA '93.

Now, getting really into Hockey this season in large part due to I finally am able to learn rosters of the West (Live in Buffalo) due to NHL11.

I often find myself playing with Calgary. Simply put, I love Jarome Iginla. I have so much respect for this guy, he is always talked about in positive manner, and his number were very surprising to me.

Basically a 30-50 Goal Scorer, and 80-90 pts per year 14 years straight.

What is the general perception of Iginla in Calgary? Is he "generally speaking" the all time favorite, or is that Theoren Fluery (or someone else?)

vCash
    Jarome is the face of the franchise and is widely considered the best player to wear a flames sweater. Theo is still very well respected but not at the level that Jarome is respected. He is widely considered amongst players league wide as one of the better leaders and captains in the league right now. We love Iggy here in Calgary.

vCash
    Iggy is far and above the greatest player to wear a Flames uniform. Unfortunately, his service to the Flames is the reason the Flames haven't traded him. Which means from a competitive perspective we have no youth or prospects coming up. So we will not contend in the playoffs for quite some time I believe. When Iggy wants to win a cup, he will request a trade, and we will likely trade him. But I don't think Iggy will ever win a cup in Calgary....

vCash
    Kiprusoff has to be up their as well, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Kipper's really only signed one big contract while in Calgary. If he re-signs, he will likely gain favour. But Iggy is far and above the face of the franchise. Don't get me wrong Kipper is an unreal goalie, but as Karlsson gains more experience Kipper may become expendable. His no-trade clause will make it difficult for the Flames to get a good trade for him if they try to go that route.

All in all Iginla is great with the media, good for ~70pts each year, and even without a top line playmaking center in YEARS he's always so friendly and happy to be in Calgary. Tons of respect for him.

vCash
    I think we may see him traded this year. I don't think we'll have the type of miracle run for the playoffs like we did last year. Would love to see him score 40 again next year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Kiprusoff has to be up their as well, correct?
    NOPE! Kipper doesn't carry anywhere near the respect Iggy does.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BlueCollar;18828265]Kipper's really only signed one big contract while in Calgary. If he re-signs, he will likely gain favour. But Iggy is far and above the face of the franchise. Don't get me wrong Kipper is an unreal goalie, but as Karlsson gains more experience Kipper may become expendable. His no-trade clause will make it difficult for the Flames to get a good trade for him if they try to go that route.

Seriously? Unreal? Kipper has had one stellar year and that was 2004, but that was the year the Flames had one of the best defenses in the league. Maybe its just me but when I think of unreal I think of Roy, Brodeur, and... can't believe I am going to say this, but even Hasek was "unreal" with some of the flailing saves he made.

No doubt Kipper is a fan favorite, but wouldn't describe him as Unreal.

vCash
    Our definitions of unreal are different then. I don't put Kipper in the class of Roy and Brodeur in their prime. But when I say unreal I mean that he is one of 5 current goalies I would build a team around because of his workhorse consistency and proven durability.