Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

James Sheppard traded to Sharks

He was traded to the sharks for a 2013 3rd round pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373359

Im not a huge fan of Sheppard's, he was rushed into the NHL and that slowed his development so maybe if the Sharks used him right and gave him time he could pan out. And for that reason alone I wish we would have gotten more than a third, maybe a second or another almost NHL ready prospect. Im not really sure on this one, while I think we won the other two trades I think the Sharks won this one. Also how many Centre's do the Sharks need to accumulate? Thortan,Marleau,Pavelski,Couture now Sheppard and I dont remember who their 4th line centre was...Maybe they plan on shifting Sheppard to the wing? Anyways it seems like we have at least created a great bond with the Sharks team.

vCash
    It's a good deal. Yeah he's still young and can maybe become a good player some day, but it was time for the Wild to move on.

vCash
    3rd round pick isnt too bad though since he was hurt all of last year. Who knows if he will ever come back to form so i think a 3rd rounder isnt a bad thing. Especially with how we have been drafting the last 2 years.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    I think a second rounder wouldnt have been too much to ask for, I mean with how the sharks are doing thats a really late 3rd rounder for a former top 10 pick. I guess I cant really complain with how we have been drafting I just think at some point Shep will pan out and its tough to say a late 3rd rounder will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I think a second rounder wouldnt have been too much to ask for, I mean with how the sharks are doing thats a really late 3rd rounder for a former top 10 pick. I guess I cant really complain with how we have been drafting I just think at some point Shep will pan out and its tough to say a late 3rd rounder will
    I see what you're saying but we've been hoping he will pan out every season and every season he disappoints. What if the Wild retained him for 2011-2012 and he stinks it up again (track record says he will) then he walks as a UFA in 2012? Then they get nothing for him.

vCash
    It's crazy how much we have dealt with the Sharks this offseason. Just to recap.

Wild get: Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Charlie Coyle, Zack Phillips and a 3rd round pick in 2013.
    Sharks get: Brent Burns, Martin Havlat, Sheppard and a 2nd round pick in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Yeah i wasnt thinking about how low that pick would be. I think a 2nd rounder would have been better and the Sharks still would have had our 2nd rounder next year.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    wow, when i heard about this, i thought it would be for like a 5th or 6th rounder considering how little sheppard has done in the league, but a 3rd rounder for him is pretty awesome....I was always pulling for sheppard, but for a 3rd round pick, its time to part ways for sure.