Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chargers looking for OL!!!

Havent really got to check out the Combine!!! someone help me on some top prospects for the Bolts??? please and thank you

vCash
    I believe the top 3 would be Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, and Lane Johnson. The one we are most likely to get is Lane Johnson. It would be amazing if Luke Joeckel fell to us though.

vCash
    ^ yes, and chance warmack, the OG out of alabama. he'd be worth a long, hard look at 11 in the 1st round, depending on who else is available. cbs compares him to will shields. that may or may not be an overstatement, but for them to make the comparison to a guy who hasn't been drafted yet to a 1st ballet HoF OG, you get an idea of the type of rare prospect he is.

p.s. we just claimed johnny patrick, CB from new orleans, off waivers. this is telesco's first player acquisition.

vCash
    Chance Warmack is a possiblity since he can play guard and center, two needs for us. But if one of those 3 Tackles are there we'll claim one of them. If not, I see us going with one of the top two CBs in the draft.

We should pour some money into a free agent LT and then pick the best OL and CB in the first two rounds. We could really help ourselves if we did that. Besides, we can't start 4 rookies on the OL next season. We'll need to sign a FA or two. 4 of our top 5 OL didn't even grade out in the top 30 in their position. That includes Hardwick.

vCash
    ^ imagine if we could somehow get fluker, warmack, and barrett jones. it's not that unrealistic. that alabama line was the best college line i've seen maybe ever.

vCash
    p.s. i'd "settle" for eddie lacy as well.

vCash
    Some of those guys like Fluker are power blockers and not very good for a zone blocking scheme, which we are moving too.

I'd go after Jake Long in FA for our LT. Take the best CB in the first round, and then pick up the top OL in the 2nd round.

vCash
    ^ yeah, but it depends entirely on who we are left to choose from at 11. if luke joeckel, eric fisher, chance warmack, and dee milner are all off the board, i trade down and take a guy like desmond trufant or jonathan cooper in the 1st. then we'd still have 3 picks for rounds 2 and 3.

vCash
    Vasquez just signed with the Broncos. We officially have no line. Zip zero. Gaither and Clary, who both stink. And Hardwick, who was not very effective either. That's it. Hope Troutman brings something to camp.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Vasquez just signed with the Broncos. We officially have no line. Zip zero. Gaither and Clary, who both stink. And Hardwick, who was not very effective either. That's it. Hope Troutman brings something to camp.
    That is a big loss. I heard Eric Winston visited over the weekend and I would really like to see him replace Clary. But Tommy has some work to do this year and while he might get some help from the draft I hope we can still get some help in FA. There are still a lot of talented players available and the longer they sit the less they will accept.

Got high hopes for Troutman as well. He was solid at Penn State, just hope he is fully recovered from his injuries and can contribute this year. I expect big things from #63 in the future.

vCash
    Winston would be a nice add. Clary is scheduled to make $5M this season, ranked as one of the worst OT in the whole league. We'd cut him now, but if we don't sign anybody else, we're stuck with him.

If Top3 LT are off the board, we might sign Chance Warmack. He can play G and C. Thus, he could play G until Hardwick retires after next season. Thus if we sign Winston, we'd be

Gaither
    Warmack
    Hardwick
    Dunlop
    Winston

Not too shabby. We'd still need to sign another tackle, but Dunop can play either Tackle, and would like spell Gaither when he goes down during the season, a certainty to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Winston would be a nice add. Clary is scheduled to make $5M this season, ranked as one of the worst OT in the whole league. We'd cut him now, but if we don't sign anybody else, we're stuck with him.

If Top3 LT are off the board, we might sign Chance Warmack. He can play G and C. Thus, he could play G until Hardwick retires after next season. Thus if we sign Winston, we'd be

Gaither
    Warmack
    Hardwick
    Dunlop
    Winston

Not too shabby. We'd still need to sign another tackle, but Dunop can play either Tackle, and would like spell Gaither when he goes down during the season, a certainty to say the least.

Definitely better than last year. I think they got Dunlap to add depth in the T position. Has he or or do you see him playing G? I think Rinehart was a great pick up and has experience with D’Alessandris in Buffalo. Rinehart should be ready to step in and start at G day 1. I also have high hopes for Troutman as well. Would love to see Troutman and Rinehart starting at G and pushing people around. If we move up and draft a tackle Like Fisher and move Gaither back over to RT until we can get rid of him, how does this look?

Fisher
    Rinehart
    Hardwick
    Troutman
    Gaither

Troutman is a bit idealististic but if he can return healthy he was a stud at Penn State playing against some of the best LB's in the country. Dunlap give us some depth on the outside which we need with Gaither there. Then we keep looking for depth that we can develop in later rounds for the interior and exterior line. This O line thing is going t be an overhaul.

vCash
    We signed Dunlop for $5M a year so he won't be riding the pine. He'll be starting on the right side either RG or RT. He played the left side last year, but primarily for Michael Vick, which was like RT since Vick is lefthanded. More likely Gaither will start RT or ride the pine if we sign another premier tackle via FA or the draft. Unlikley Troutman will start since he'll be lacking a lot of strength coming back from his injury. Will be a key reserve, however.

vCash
    I think I read that that $5M was primarily in playing incentives. It looks like a good contract with probably less than half guaranteed so the Chargers won't be stuck with too heavy of a bill if he doesn't work out. He played OK in Philli but was beat regularly so he is not the answer on the left side. Also his Run blocking abilities are not great, and that's putting it lightly so I don't know about him as an answer to our issues on the right side especially when we are trying to improve our run game. He does provide wonderful depth and as can play a lot of positions on the line.

Troutman has been activated since last Nov. That is a pretty good amount of time to recover and remember he started every game at Penn State so he is what I call a gamer. I wouldn't sleep on the kid.

vCash
    If we did have all of that money tied up with Dunlap now and Clarey and Gaither do you still think we can afford to grab a FA like Winston as you said in your previous post?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast