Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    ...and his twin brother is awful.
    Both are usually awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    fvck why cant the quakes win a freaking game... they tie everything.
    Your defense isn't that good. I'm surprised people were saying the Quakes defense is good (not that I should be talking). Burling is a bumbling wreck. Hernandez is ok and Corrales has lost two steps (Convey should be a little better).

I meant to watch the TFC vs FCD game but I got caught up watching the Revs sneak one past the scum. According to the chalkboard, Frings did very well. When you look at his distribution, he provides quite a bit going forward. It looks like he can bring Tainio type distribution out of the deep midfield and should be a better free kick taker and is a better defender. It looks like his main problem is going forward with the ball at his feet. He lost it so often (26 times). It's interesting that they're pairing Iro with Harden. I would peg that CB combo to last 2 more weeks.

vCash
    I don't know too much about the MLS but does Brek Shea have a future in the national team?
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    I don't know too much about the MLS but does Brek Shea have a future in the national team?
    He's pretty far back on the depth chart in BB's system. He's more of a wing forward. In BB's system he's a LM which puts him behind Donovan and Dempsey. Brek still has to speed up his game but that should come up with experience. Some folks are saying he's further along than Dempsey at the same age (I would hope so). I would hope most of our guys are developing faster and are gonna peak higher than our current national teamers.

vCash
    Yeah he just doesn't have a true place on the national team right now. I've heard some people wanting him to go to LB and have him move up, but that's a waste, the guy is to offensively gifted to be playing back there.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Yeah he just doesn't have a true place on the national team right now. I've heard some people wanting him to go to LB and have him move up, but that's a waste, the guy is to offensively gifted to be playing back there.
    Not that he would wanna play there full time. He also doesn't have the defensive awareness against MLS offenses to even get by playing back there. It was a nice thought because he distributes pretty well when he can see the entire field in front of him (deep lying CM anyone?).

vCash
    I heard something interesting yesterday. Maurice Edu is wasting his time playing for Rangers and Bedoya will too. The claim is that the SPL is not competitive and other than the Europa League/Champions League games and matches against Celtic and maybe Aberdeen, the job there doesn't offer much in terms of developing and challenging yourself. Anyone disagree with this assessment?

Tomorrow's matches of note:
    Jermaine Jones and Schalke play at 2:30 pm est.
    Jozy Altidore and AZ Alkmaar play at 11 am est. I can't find a stream yet.
    Clarence Goodson might play for Brondby at 11 am est. I love this guy. He's a late bloomer. It's impressive to see him make his way to a big Danish club.

Anyone know Adu's status right now? Is his loan with Rizespor over with? Is he back with Benfica?

vCash
    Found a stream for the AZ game. PM me if you want it.

altidore ain't playing.
    Last edited by arkanian215; 07-23-2011 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    Damn goodson scored but it was called back cuz he was offside

vCash
    Play alitdore you mother****ers!!

vCash
    Stupid coach

vCash
    Number 42 for AZ sucks dick.

vCash
    the Scottish premier league from what I've read is a bunch of hacks and I'm worried for both Edu and now Bedoya as I don't want them to be getting injured every other game.

vCash
    Also does anyone if you sign a foreign DP does that take up an international spot or no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Also does anyone if you sign a foreign DP does that take up an international spot or no?
    yup it does. that's why signing a GK from Germany as your DP sucks, especially when you already have Bouna on the books (although he should at least have a green card since he went to high school in NYC and has been in the US for god knows how long).

Someone brought up earlier there's not that much transparency in saying which players take up an international slot. Guys like Ballouchy, DeRo, Richards, etc should be able to at least get a pass.

Ex: DC United show their international slot players: http://www.dcunited.com/club/first-team

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast