Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1096
    vCash
    Just watched the game. It was fun watching us use overlapping fullbacks on both sides. Danny Williams had an awful game and Jermaine Jones was terrible up til the end. I gotta say I prefer Herc over Jozy at this point. I dunno what is going on in his head but it has to be fixed. Gatt was ok for a nub but definitely gave away the ball too easily. At least he tried to drive at defenders. He still doesn't have that many tricks to get by guys. He's too raw at this point to be a piece of WC 2014. He can grow a lot between now and then though.

Kljestan was meh. He was given ample time but didn't do too much. Howard and Cameron were MOTM. Bradley was the third best player for us.

vCash
    Revs bring back Dorman. I can't believe this guy is still playing. It was so long ago when he left MLS. He was one of my favorite players to watch growing up. He's only 30.

Camp cupcake is next for the USMNT. Guys who should get a look.
    Zusi (CM, RM)
    Beasler (CB)
    Gonzalez (CB)
    Agudelo (ST)
    Nguyen (CAM, LM)
    Meara (GK)
    Pontius (LM, TF)
    Beckerman (CDM)
    Gil (CAM, RM)
    Tally Hall (GK)
    Hamid (GK)
    Berry (CB)
    Eddie Johnson (ST)
    Sarkodie (RB,CB)
    Kenny Cooper (ST)
    Sapong (ST)
    Beitashour (RB)
    Justin Morrow (CB,LB)
    Perry Kitchen (CDM, CB)
    Will Bruin (ST)
    Rafael Baca (if eligible and willing) (CM)
    Okugo (CB, CDM)
    Sheannon Williams (RB)
    Michael Farfan (AM)
    George John (even though he's incredibly out of form) (CB)
    Zarek Valentin (LB,RB)
    Dilly Duka (CAM)
    Jorge Villafana (LB,LM)
    Nick DeLeon (if he wants the US) (LM, RM)

Long list and doesn't necessarily have any balance in terms of the roster. Knock out some older guys. Knock out some strikers.

Anyone who has a winter break in Europe as well. Gatt, Diskerud, that icelandic striker.
    Last edited by arkanian215; 11-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    I'd put in Omar Gonzalez, George John, Sean Johnson to get him more reps, if you bring Hamid you gotta bring Johnson. Offensively, I'm not sure who else to bring, I'd have to look at the player pool.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash

Official US Soccer Team and MLS Discussion Thread III

I think Omar should get a serious shot at CB. Especially with Boca slowing down. The other thing I took away from the game was that the midfield doesn't seem to work with Bradley, Williams and Jones in at the same time. IMO it has to be Bradley with one of Williams/Jones. They get too bunched up and we lose our width.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    I think Omar should get a serious shot at CB. Especially with Boca slowing down. The other thing I took away from the game was that the midfield doesn't seem to work with Bradley, Williams and Jones in at the same time. IMO it has to be Bradley with one of Williams/Jones. They get too bunched up and we lose our width.
    Supposedly, Omar was gonna get called in but Galaxy advanced in the playoffs so he stayed with his club rather than come in for a friendly.

vCash
    What are the odds Marquez is finally moved elsewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    What are the odds Marquez is finally moved elsewhere?
    100% if Atlas takes on Marquez's full salary. I think RBNY would even pay a bit of it just for him to make him go away for a year. That dude is scum. Where's Dema when you need him?

vCash
    question is, if you move Rafa who do you guys get? Your D has been in shambles still so do you try and get another DP defender or what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    question is, if you move Rafa who do you guys get? Your D has been in shambles still so do you try and get another DP defender or what?
    It's addition by subtraction. His lack of speed was a liability. He'd play a great ball out of the back once in a while but he was also prone to keeping the ball a second too long and give up possession in a dangerous area. He couldn't take PK's. He couldn't take FK's. He couldn't defend and was a prone to a ******** tackle every other game. Should've been banned a lot more times if not for his "status." Freeing up that salary along with subtracting Tainio, Solli and others coming, we'll lose depth for sure but we'll certainly add some youth.

Dax was decent at playing that DMid role and Backe forced him wide b/c Tainio and Marquez came back. Like I said before, I want Leon Osman and Sylvain Distin. I think their games would translate really well to MLS. Osman will probably get another extension at Everton after his recent England call up.

I expect most of RBNY's additions during mid summer again, not during the MLS offseason. We traded away most of our draft assets (not that we would get that much out of the draft anyway).

People expect Meara to come back in the same form so GK should be on the same depth level as last season (even w/ the subtraction of Gaudette). We'll need to add to CB (Conde should be on his way out after what happened between him Henry, Backe and Marquez). Pearce might be forced to play LB but we'll need to see what happens with Roy Miller.

James McFadden would be a gamble considering his injury history. If folks think Henry is lazy, wait til they see McFadden. RSL will have to weigh re-signing Morales vs Saborio. If RSL feels that Gil is ready, Morales will be available and RBNY should hop in line to get him. Play in LM or CAM. Either way, it would be a huge acquisition. Le Toux might be gone. Not 100%, but he sucked. He went from potential USMNT guy two years ago to a bench player.

vCash
    what happened with Conde and the rest of the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    what happened with Conde and the rest of the team?
    Wilman Conde's "personal issues" were really a team-sanctioned exile from the side after blowing up on Thierry Henry, Rafael Marquez and Backe after the team's 2-0 loss to the Chicago Fire. It was the team's first home loss and Conde's last appearance in Red Bulls kit. Galarcep said it's likely Conde's time in New York is over.
    http://www.onceametro.com/2012/11/11...s-a-bomb-shell

Original article: http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/11/...in-future.html

vCash
    Thank God!

4-2

ray:

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Beat houston

vCash
    houston and LA again, no matter if either team has there struggles in the season, they both dominate in the playoffs.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    hate Houston so hopefully for LA to win again....I want to Beckham go out on top!

Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast