Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can't believe Stockton went that high. He is the 1st player on that list who does not have a MVP of the league or finals.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Thus far going to compare our list on PSD to another forum's list.

PSD's List

The List:
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Wilt Chamberlain
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Bill Russell
    6. Larry Bird
    7. Shaquille O'neal
    8. Kobe Bryant
    9. Hakeem Olajuwon
    10. Tim Duncan
    11. Oscar Robertson
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Jerry West
    14. Karl Malone
    15. Julius Erving
    16. David Robinson
    17. Charles Barkley
    18. John Stockton

Other Site's List

1) Michael Jordan
    2) Bill Russell
    3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    4) Magic Johnson
    5) Wilt Chamberlain
    6) Larry Bird
    7) Shaquille O'Neal
    8) Tim Duncan
    9) Hakeem Olajuwon
    10) Kobe Bryant
    11) Julius Erving
    12) Karl Malone
    13) Kevin Garnett
    14) Oscar Robertson
    15) Jerry West
    16) Moses Malone
    17) Dirk Nowitzki
    18) LeBron James
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 08-04-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I think the other sites list is better than ours lol.

vCash
    We seriously dropped the ball on Stockton, we were doing so well otherwise

vCash
    both lists are deadly wrong tough. and will get far worse in the 30 to 50 range, were lot of recent players will surpass better players from the past.

i mean.

im half sure pau will make psds top 50 list.

im supposedly the biggest pau homer in psd and im not sure i would rank him top 50.

60 to 80? sure.

vCash
    Lol at Stockton that high, hah.

I can think of atleast 10 players I'd rather have than him there, jees........... :./

fools! ;.

vCash
    Yeah, Stockton that high is ridiculous.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    That other site has MUCH more older posters than PSD a lot of whom really know there stuff and a lot like JB really value team record and HCA A LOT in their rankings.

I have a great deal of respect for those posters but IMO they use team accomplishments too much to gauge an individual's worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    That other site has MUCH more older posters than PSD a lot of whom really know there stuff and a lot like JB really value team record and HCA A LOT in their rankings.

I have a great deal of respect for those posters but IMO they use team accomplishments too much to gauge an individual's worth.
    I like that, that's how it should be, players play to win the game, imo, those who only have good stats only have a fraction of what it takes to be a legend... You gotta have the MVPs, the rings, the Finals MVPs, the amount of dominance you had on an era and so on...

Just looking at stats makes players like Stockton go at #18 OF ALL TIME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    I like that, that's how it should be, players play to win the game, imo, those who only have good stats only have a fraction of what it takes to be a legend... You gotta have the MVPs, the rings, the Finals MVPs, the amount of dominance you had on an era and so on...

Tell me something who was the best player in the NBA last season? (I am not making an argument for LeBron I just would like to see if you hold the same reasoning as the posters on that forum).

PS we are not even talking accolades either. A lot of them base there reasoning on team record. Not individual accomplishments as I said but team record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Tell me something who was the best player in the NBA last season? (I am not making an argument for LeBron I just would like to see if you hold the same reasoning as the posters on that forum).

PS we are not even talking accolades either. A lot of them base there reasoning on team record. Not individual accomplishments as I said but team record.
    To be honest, as much as I want to say Kobe or Lebron, I really do think the best player last year was Dirk, any game I saw of him in he completely dominated, he took his team and dominated at the right place at the right time, Playoffs are where the legends are born and Dirk automatically solidified himself into the top 30 of all time IMO with his incredible abilities in the playoffs..

vCash
    To be honest, as much as I want to say Kobe or Lebron, I really do think the best player last year was Dirk, any game I saw of him in he completely dominated, he took his team and dominated at the right place at the right time, Playoffs are where the legends are born and Dirk automatically solidified himself into the top 30 of all time IMO with his incredible abilities in the playoffs..
    Here's an interesting dilemma/question: Is Dirk any different of a player this year then he was in any other year? I ask this because he now has a championship vs. his reputation as being a choker (which was pretty ridiculous). The secret a lot of people miss is that Dirk has actually always been a good playoff performer. Those who said he was a choker look like fools now. Thankfully, I was never one of the idiots who bought into that.

Look at his actual game though, he does the same stuff this year that he did last year or the year before etc. His shot has always been one of the most unguardable shots in the game. It didn't suddenly become more difficult to guard because his team won a championship.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash

Care to back that up?

vCash

Not really, if you saw my post earlier in this thread, Stockton had BY FAR the worst numbers out of all the people I did it out for.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash

Especially considering beating 3 teams that had a 1st team and 2nd team member including two teams that had higher SRS ratings' and better defensive and offensive ratings.
    - Michael Jordan

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast