Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

PSD's Top 50 List of the Greatest NBA Players of All Time

Last edited by JordansBulls; 02-27-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Why is Kareem higher than Wilt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Ehh - rhetorical? Click on the thread (Kareem's name) and you'll find pages and pages of reasons why people chose him ahead.

I'd be more curious why Wilt garnered so many more votes than Bill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Ehh - rhetorical? Click on the thread (Kareem's name) and you'll find pages and pages of reasons why people chose him ahead.

I'd be more curious why Wilt garnered so many more votes than Bill.
    Let's not overdo it here, Kareem was better than Wilt, but Bill was not anywhere near that level of dominance. It's pretty close in every aspect besides scoring, where Wilt was an dominant and yet very efficient machine, while Bill made AI look like god... No contest, put Wilt on that Celts team and they win 13 of 13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    Let's not overdo it here, Kareem was better than Wilt, but Bill was not anywhere near that level of dominance. It's pretty close in every aspect besides scoring, where Wilt was an dominant and yet very efficient machine, while Bill made AI look like god... No contest, put Wilt on that Celts team and they win 13 of 13.
    Sigh.

...I started to, but I just don't have the energy for another one of these today. Eh actually I'll play a little...

In short: Individual talent? Wilt > Bill. Defense/leadership? Bill >>> Wilt (dude was still leading the team to Championships as a PLAYER/COACH for God's sake. And that was when Wilt was with Jerry West on the Lakers and HEAVILY FAVORED to beat Boston). And c'mon Raph, you are obviously significantly underrating Russel's offense - who was an incredible passer for a big, had relatively high efficiency for his era relative to the competition (top ten in efficiency multiple years), and flat out was the smartest/grittiest player on the court every night from every account I've read and games I've watched.

Sort of reminds me of Duncan and Howards shot-blocking in 2008. Where Duncan's were worth 1.12 ppb (highest in the NBA), and Howards were worth 0.53 ppb (worst in the NBA). Some players put up great counting stats, others play to win, or at least do so at a much smarter/more efficient way than another.

Bill won when he was supposed to win, yes, but he also won when he wasn't supposed to win. I understand that the Celtics generally had the far better roster and that should not go unnoticed in any way, but given the choice of a player to build around in that era, I'm taking Bill every time.

vCash
    I don't care what the haters say, I'd take Bosh any day

vCash
    Sigh.

...I started to, but I just don't have the energy for another one of these today. Eh actually I'll play a little...

In short: Individual talent? Wilt > Bill. Defense/leadership? Bill >>> Wilt (dude was still leading the team to Championships as a PLAYER/COACH for God's sake. And that was when Wilt was with Jerry West on the Lakers and HEAVILY FAVORED to beat Boston). And c'mon Raph, you are obviously significantly underrating Russel's offense - who was an incredible passer for a big, had relatively high efficiency for his era relative to the competition (top ten in efficiency multiple years), and flat out was the smartest/grittiest player on the court every night from every account I've read and games I've watched.

Sort of reminds me of Duncan and Howards shot-blocking in 2008. Where Duncan's were worth 1.12 ppb (highest in the NBA), and Howards were worth 0.53 ppb (worst in the NBA). Some players put up great counting stats, others play to win, or at least do so at a much smarter/more efficient way than another.

Bill won when he was supposed to win, yes, but he also won when he wasn't supposed to win. I understand that the Celtics generally had the far better roster and that should not go unnoticed in any way, but given the choice of a player to build around in that era, I'm taking Bill every time.
    This.

vCash
    Sigh.

and you would be right in that selection provided you had five other hall of famers on your team who couldnt go anywhere else because there was no free agency
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

vCash
    bill russell had more around him so he didnt have to score as much, wilt had to carry his teams most of his career. thats why scoring isnt close. bill at least equals wilt

vCash
    Ignorance....

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Ignorance....
    Agreed, Wilt didn't even win with a guy averaging nearly 40 ppg in the finals on his team.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    As soon as I saw that, I stopped voting in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    As soon as I saw that, I stopped voting in this thread.
    Thank you for that BTW
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    If Lebron wins league and finals mvp again this year he is in the top 6-7 player all time. His peak will be as good as MJ's and Shaq if he does what he is doing in the playoffs and finals. And I'm not even a Lebron James fan.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    If Lebron wins league and finals mvp again this year he is in the top 6-7 player all time. His peak will be as good as MJ's and Shaq if he does what he is doing in the playoffs and finals. And I'm not even a Lebron James fan.
    here's my opinion: if he wins MVP and FMVP this year
    1. MJ
    2. Kareem
    3. Russell
    4. Magic
    5. Lebron

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast