Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I dont mean this to be any disrespect towards MDZs play, I have always liked him. I met him before his first home game, he looked suprised when my buddy yelled "Hey Mike" and as he walked over (we were in the direction he was going, he didnt. Hange direction cause we recognized him). My buddy says he scored that night cause we wished him luck lol. But if Shultz were to work out and get paired with Mcdonagh or Staal (assuming Girardi goes with the other) those would be the top 4 moving MDZ to the bottom line. That would leave MDZ and Erixon, MDZ has better trade value then the value of playing 15 minutes a game.

Heres a note that will be brought up at tonights game. Messier is on his way to Tampa right now ( my friend works at the West Chester County Airport in NY and met him there). I would assume he is going there to sign Kreider, considering that is where the Frozen Four is being played. I cant see him there to sign anyone else.

vCash
    It never hurts to have two good PP guys, I would argue we could use another PP point guy now so Richards could stay up front. In the end though, we all think we should sign Schultz, but like I always say it's a big jump from College to NHL.

vCash
    I would love to have Richards moved off the point but the front is Callys spot and Gabs is on the wall. Its not that Richards is bad at it (although our pp numbers got worse this year and thats with a healhy Gab) but players got to the NHL by being the best at their position, so one would think all the D played the point on the pp their whole life and Richards played either on the wall or net growing up. Yes Richards has played the point before coming here its not that he doesnt know how to but the PP has been so bad that they should just roll lines lol.

Its not that I would want MDZ gone its just that if Shultz is brought in and works (which he should where ever he goes) once hes earned Torts confidence it comes down to when does MDZ become an unrestricted free agent, do you lose him for nothing or trade him.

vCash
    honestly in 2-3 years i see someone like girardi being expendable....but thats only if staal starts playing like a top pair d man again, which in all honesty he hasnt been...in 3 years girardi will be 30 im not saying thats old but out of all the players mentioned he will be the oldest and doesnt have much upside in terms of he will not really grow any more as a player....in no way am i saying hes a bad player but he would be the person i would trade away down the road instead of mdz

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Im not gonna totally disagree about Girardi, however his role and MDZ's role are two different. MDZ is not gonna play Girard's role, that is Dylan McIlraths future spot. Girardi is then do i play 15 minutes for the Rangers or 20 mins and a maybe a million more a season. Basically like a Hal Gill kind of guy. Its not like Girardis gonna go some where and run a teams PP. So he may not be gone but his role will be deminished.

I agree with your theory that at his age and what his skill set is he wont be as valuable as MDZ skill set will be at that time, but what I'm suggesting is someone of the same skill role as MDZ but potentially better and if he works out then MDZ becomes tradeable.

vCash
    valid point....i agree

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Is Hank or Biron in tonight? Personally think they should have Biron in but it's likely Hendrik.

vCash
    I think that they should have Biron too. He is playing very good.

vCash
    bc hockey blog reporting that krieder will be signing with the rangers soon, possibly being announced tomorrow

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456