Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    People should pay attention to Yogan. He's been lighting it up for a 16 game stretch now. His game, size and style are made for the NHL. IMO, he's pass Thomas as a prospect now.

vCash
    nice little link to what Gordie has to say about our main prospects.... though it is very brief.

http://****************.com/photos/512

vCash
    St Croix has been tearing it up in his league.

vCash
    I would rather have st. croix then ruslan fetenko put him on a line with prust and duby and maybe they can grind and let him make plays. All im saying is marty st. louis is small obviously st. croix has miles to go to be st. louis, but he is KILLING it this year, wana get him to Hartford asap and see what he can do there first.

vCash
    St Croix is a project, there are other parts of his game that has to develop if he wants to be a top 6 forward on this team.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    St. Croix is still years away from this team.

vCash
    Yogan with a 4 point night Saturday. Now has 29 goals this season. A great sign for him and the organization. I think he will do very well for the Whale. His size and game are built more for the pro game.

vCash

vCash
    yogan will play for the whale after his season is over, and will probably play a year for the whale....he could be a very good player

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Colarik has been cleared to play finally.

vCash
    Yogan finished off the season with a hat trick. 41 goals and 38 assists. Power forward Prospect. Should sign an ATO to play for the Whale this season.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    yogan signed his first nhl contract today

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    So ESPN Insider has a rumor today that the Rangers are looking like the front runners for the defensive prospect Justin Schultz out of the U of Minnesota. He was drafted by the Ducks, but they havent signed him since he went to college and he is set to become a free agent.

On Hockey's Future he is rated a 7.5C which for those of you who don't know the scale, the number is on a 1-10 scale, the higher meaning the player has more upside (10 is a Gretzky/Crosby/Lemieux type ("Generational"), 9 is a Lundqvist/Stamkos/Kovalchuk type ("Elite"), 7-8 is basically a second line/second-to-first pairing defenseman. The letter indicates how likely the player is to realize his potential (I've never seen an A, and B is very rare as well, most are C's).

They're saying that Stepan and McDonaugh might be pulling him towards NY so he can play with them and by all accounts the kid is a dynamo offensively from the point/PP and his defensive game has come a long way.

The interesting thing that ESPN notes (granted, its ESPN and I know I'll get the obligatory "why are you paying attention to anything ESPN says about hockey" comment) is that if the Rangers flat out sign this kid and he is a top prospect, do you think they are more likely to make a move at the draft to get Rick Nash because of the addition of another blue chip prospect.

I am of the opinion that we should give nothing up and just throw money at Parise, but I constantly get into the discussion with my brother (Parise vs. Nash) and his logic is hard to discount. He says while Parise is an elite player and is a player that plugs directly into our system, we essentially have a few of him on our team. We dont have his 50 goal scoring (if it returns), but Callahan is the same type of player that Parise is. We don't have a big power forward with pure goal scoring skill in our complement of players. I realize Kreider is slated to essentially become that, but if we don't have to give up Kreider, it probably wouldnt hurt to have a player like him.

My only reservation (and this is contingent on us signing this Schultz kid), is that with Parise we dictate the terms, whereas with Nash we are forced into accepting the terms another organization set up.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Parise is a no-brainer there. We have plenty of grit and toughness, we don't necessarily need an elite level talent to fill that role. Kreider doesn't strike me as a mean streak kid rather smart and strong, but he should be a good addition in the toughness department.

The way I see it is for Nash you have to give up salary and assets just for him. With Parise you give up salary but the assets you're giving up (ex: Dubinsky and other cap casualties) you get more assets in return.

Two great talents that will take up similar pay roll but only one that will provide you with the situation where you actually somehow get to help re-stock your system. No brainer for me there.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Not just aanndam. So there is credibility. Brooks mentioned it a couple weeks ago and I think someone in Canada too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast