Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeff Carter officially a Blue Jacket

http://twitter.com/#!/tpanotchcsn

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2011/06...ts_acqui.shtml

According to Panaccio and McKenzie, it's a done deal guys. Carter for Voracek and CBJ first and third round picks. I know some of you are thrilled.

And espn is announcing it now too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6697235
    Last edited by maxpower; 06-23-2011 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Terrible move.....the return is meh

vCash
    Not a fan of this.

vCash
    Hoping the other rumor we've heard comes through too, Versteeg and this CBJ pick to FLA for the 3rd overall pick. Then we've got a shot to sign Leino, another forward or a better D man then O'Donnell plus Bryz.

vCash
    Eklund is saying Richards is traded a well

I had my issues with Carter, but I realized his value. I only wanted to move him if the money prevented us from gettting a goalie. Well it didn't so this is confusing. Sounds like he wanted to restock the farm with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Eklund is saying Richards is traded a well

I had my issues with Carter, but I realized his value. I only wanted to move him if the money prevented us from gettting a goalie. Well it didn't so this is confusing. Sounds like he wanted to restock the farm with talent.
    Link?

I am NOT a Carter hater, but I will wait to see all the moves that get made before passing judgement. If they really do trade Versteeg too and are able to sign Bryz and Leino or someone else, keep everyone else, plus add Voracek, I might be okay with this. Hopefully JVR and Voracek will be able to get close to matching Carter's 35-40 goals per season, plus with the addition of a real goalie, they should be able to get away with scoring less goals. We'll see.

vCash
    People on ********...Frank Seravalli and a few other writers post there and give some rumors.

Guy said he heard Richards for Schenn and Simmons

vCash
    HOLY WOW! RT @GMillerTSN: Done deal, and it's a blockbuster. Phi trades captain Mike Richards to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.
    Twitter

vCash
    it creates room for resigning Bryzgalov and hopefully Leino, and restocks the farm. Good trade imo
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I'm seeing/hearing the same thing, Richards to LA.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buccigross

vCash
    That better not have been the deal for Richards. I think I'd cry if he was traded honestly. I'm not that thrilled with the Carter deal. It's boring for such a quality forward. We went to the stanley cup two years ago and got knocked out by the champions last year. I just don't see how you trade some of these guys away.

vCash
    man oh man. mike and jeff gone in 1 day. the return isn't too bad. plus we're out from underneath 2 ridiculously long deals. not sure how i feel about this, but i can see what they're doing. i think this makes the team more flexible and deeper. i also think this means the team expects claude and jvr to absolutely take off (claude kinda already has)

vCash
    Looks like they already got a shot with Carter in a Jackets uniform on the NHL homepage...

I'll be disappointed if the Richards rumor is indeed true.
    Phillies | Flyers | Union | Eagles | 76ers
    many thanks thenyknicks!

vCash
    So, Simmonds seems a lot like Hartnell, what can anyone tell me about Schenn? I have to admit, I know very little about both guys. I see a lot of offensive scoring power leaving and not a lot coming back, but how much cap space do these deals free up? We might be able to sign Bryz, Leino, and a free agent of two.

vCash
    Richards is gone..just got a text from CSNphilly, I'm sure they wouldn't send that without being certain. I read somewhere we get a draft pick as well, and that the Leafs are involved somehow as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast