Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I wasnt talking about PARISE. My example was Scott Parse of the Kings, he played (with a small sample pool) on the top line with Kopitar and Brown record 1 goal and 3 assists in his 5 or 6 games until he got injured. No one thought he was a top line player, I dont and still dont. But you can insert certain skill sets and see what happens. I think he would do just fine on our top line, I would HATE to see Seto and Heatley on the same line for the reasons I have pointed out

1) Both are shoot first players, so they should be split up with our pass first players on separate lines.
    2) They admit themselves they have no chemistry on ice and have only played on the same line a handful of times.

vCash
    Okay well my apologizes for PARISE and PARSE, no first names were use so I assumed.

Even if PMB could be put on our top line why would he? He isnt a first line player. Anyone else help me out with this one?

For me Seto and Heater dont need to be on the same lines, im fine with splitting them up, all I am saying is PMB should not be on our top line. thats all I have to say.
    \

vCash
    Who do we have that are top 6 forwards? Heatley, Guchi, Gui, PMB and Koivu so we have 5 top 6 forwards Our pairings are either PMB-Koivu-Heatley or Gui-Koivu-Heatley if we are to split them up which I think we can all agree is the right move...Which would you rather have? Heatley, Koivu and Gui dont have top end speed but PMB does so to add speed and a playmaker to the line thats the only reason I would like him on the first line Heatley and Koivu both have size so that kind of rules out Gui. Than Seto adds the speed and shot to the second line with Gui being the size and whomever in the middle (Cullen). I AGREE PMB is not a top line player, but for our team he might be the best fit on that line with Koivu and Heatley, thats all im saying. Not that PMB is a top line player but that he fits the role that we need on that line the best. Who would you want on the top line with Koivu and Heatley? You agree Seto wouldnt be best, I told oyu why Gui doesnt make sense and Cullen well he isnt even a second line player. Soooo?
    Last edited by pidg88; 07-21-2011 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    I'm thinking Matt Cullen is the guy that starts the year on the second line. PMB on the first line makes sense since he's an awesome playmaker, and could really help Koivu, and Heatley's game. A second line of Setoguchi, Cullen and Lattendresse really has it all. Seto would probably have to be the playmaker, though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I'm thinking Matt Cullen is the guy that starts the year on the second line. PMB on the first line makes sense since he's an awesome playmaker, and could really help Koivu, and Heatley's game. A second line of Setoguchi, Cullen and Lattendresse really has it all. Seto would probably have to be the playmaker, though
    I agree Cullen is the only one who makes sense unless we take a shot on someone like Cody Almond or maybe promote Brodziak but I dont think either of those make sense. PMB really takes pressure off Koivu, have top end speed to create things himself, and is very creative with the puck which is why it makes sense. Latendresse just doesnt, good player but would be better on the second line.

And Bran dont follow me into these Wild forums!! Haha jk good to see some other people contribute...Ill see you back at our holy ground the Red Wings forums

vCash
    I agree completely with putting PMB on the first line. Everyone knows he is not a first line player but we have no one better to put there. A lot of teams in the league have guys playing higher than they should just because that is the best they have. I would like PMB/Koivu/Heatley on the first line and Gui/Cullen/Seto on the second line. I wouldn't even mind having Brodziak on that second line. I don't think Brodziak nor Cullen fit that line because stated above that neither are great playmakers and with Gui and Seto that is what is needed but again we have nothing else to put there so you have to use one of those two guys. No more saying PMB isn't a first line guy because everyone knows he isn't but it the best guy to put of there and makes the most sense. That is the reason everyone is saying that

vCash
    Not every first line player is a first line player, aha. Holmstrom realistically isn't a first line player in many places, but he just fits in so well with Datsyuk.

Off-topic, but how would you guys think of signing Mike Modano? He could play some time in the middle on the second line, and could squeek down to the third. You could rotate him and Cullen at times.

vCash
    Jesus i still cant believe you guys got Dany for just Havlat..

vCash
    Don't really think we need a guy Modano. We have a veteran center for our second line with Cullen and guy in Brodziak we was more than serviceable on the third line and Powe to center our checking line so we really don't need Modano. Oh and also we are trying to get younger not WAY older. No thanks

vCash
    You guys don't have a legit second liner, though. I love Cullen, and have been a big fan ever since his first run in Carolina, but I don't think he's capable of playing those big offensive minutes with Setoguchi and Heatley. Mike Modano's been there, done that, and could really help out. He's a proven leader too, and has played here before (kinda, different 'franchise').

vCash
    You guys don't have a legit second liner, though. I love Cullen, and have been a big fan ever since his first run in Carolina, but I don't think he's capable of playing those big offensive minutes with Setoguchi and Heatley. Mike Modano's been there, done that, and could really help out. He's a proven leader too, and has played here before (kinda, different 'franchise').
    First I love Modano, i've loved him ever since I was a North Stars fan. But I dont think he is fast enough for a second line and I think his tank is empty, he has had an unreal career. I would not wont Minnesota to sign him.
    \

vCash
    I like Cullen as a person, hate him as a 3.5mil cap hit for 30-40 pts and a grinder veteran. And were stuck with him for what another 3 years? Sigh.

I would rather give the second line to Brodziak and see what he can do. Lets see if he has a pair of hands to go with his physical game.

Also I repeat I highly highly doubt Setoguchi and Heatley will be on the same line, reasons above, but so many things add up to where it doesnt make sense.

vCash
    Setoguchi's going to be on the second line, no doubt. Minny would be stupid to keep them together. Spread out the offense. What's the cap at right now for Minny? After losing Barker and Burns, McCabe could truly help this team offensively.

vCash
    We have about ~10 mil open. I am more than open to signing McCabe and other D help. We have LOTS of young good D prospects, but I think 2 veterans would be great to mix into the core with Zid and Schultz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12