Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wild Sign Mike Lundin

I know this isn't a big name signing but 1. He went to my high school so thats always a plus 2. He helps us with defense where we needed depth badly. I feel a lot more confident that we can make a run at the playoffs. I'm still concerned with that our 4th line would look like.

vCash
    I dont feel like we lack depth at D, I feel the Aero's are filled with young talent that can step in. I have nothing against this signing though. If in fact, the young guys are not ready to step up, Lundin can fill the gap...plus, this is really a no risk contract

vCash
    Here's my projected lines for the wild this year.

Line 1: PMB/Koivu/Heatley
    Line 2: Laten/Cullen/Guchi
    Line 3: Clutterbuck/Brodziak/Nystrom
    Line 4: Gilles/Powe/Staubitz
    Def 1: Zanon/Zidlicky
    Def 2: Schultz/Lundin
    Def 3: Stoner/Spurgeon
    Backstrom and Harding in Net

I would still like another wing in case of injury but I think thats a pretty good line up.

vCash
    It was only a one year contract though so most likely its just till one of the guys in Houston steps up.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnkles View Post
    Here's my projected lines for the wild this year.

Line 1: PMB/Koivu/Heatley
    Line 2: Laten/Cullen/Guchi
    Line 3: Clutterbuck/Brodziak/Nystrom
    Line 4: Gilles/Powe/Staubitz
    Def 1: Zanon/Zidlicky
    Def 2: Schultz/Lundin
    Def 3: Stoner/Spurgeon
    Backstrom and Harding in Net

I would still like another wing in case of injury but I think thats a pretty good line up.
    I like that your projected lineups make lines 1-4 even, but I would like to see a powerful number 1 line with Koivu, Heatley and Guchi. Heatley could benefit greatly from two great puck movers in PMB and Koivu though. I also would love to see Clutterbuck and Powe together. I envision Clutterbuck shifting from the third line and the checking line a lot. Clutterbuck Powe and Staubitz can beat the crap physically out of a lot of teams as a 4th line, but Cal has shown that he can be scrappy around the net too, and may be called to get some garbage goals on a more talented line as well.

vCash
    ^^Agree with above about Clutterbuck, with the addition of Powe he is much more movable. But dont look past this Lundin signing as something small. What he did at the end of the year for TB was good. He averaged 20 mins a game, Guy (TB coach) said that he was a great "mistake free d man". He was one of the guys I was watching this offseason and I think is a steal for us. Expect a good season out of him and for him to be re signed.