Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Season Tickets

vCash

Season Tickets

I recently called the Rangers to purchase a partial plan and I guess I got caught up in the hype and decided to go for a half season plan- 2 tickets in the 400s. I then started to get nervous about a few things like what if they give me tickets right next to the Sam and Joe's booth which have obstructed views in the higher rows, what if they don't give me the home opener and what if they only give me week day games against less "sexy" opponents (no NJ, NYI, PIT or PHI games)? Also will they charge for preseason tickets or are they even having a preseason due to the renovations? So then I decided to email my representative and ask if I can upgrade to full season lol. I am now mulling this decision over all weekend because I am a recent college graduate that doesn't have money falling out of my pockets.

So my point is- can anyone of you that own season tickets give me advice on how to sell games? Stubhub, MSG ticket exchange, etc. so I can get some of my investment back. I am praying we stay healthy and live up to the expectations so I can sell some playoff games (knock on wood) and make more than I anticipate. I also kind of hope the NBA stays locked out so I own my mini monopoly on the newly renovated MSG haha.

Thanks guys...LETS GO RANGERS!

vCash
    I split a full season plan with a friend and heres some things that may help you. They don't have preseason games at the garden this year so you don't have to pay for them, I'm not sure how it works for half season but full season you have to pay full price all the preseason games that are held at the garden, that part sucks.

As for having unattractive seats, I would call up the ticket office and ask for the location of your seats, then go look up the view you have from your seat online. You can always ask if there is anything else available at that price range if you don't like your seat, we do this at the end of every season.

As for selling your seats for games you cannot make, I don't know which site is better for selling your tickets because we don't use them to get rid of our tickets because we know many people that will take the tickets if either of us don't take them.

vCash
    I had a half-season package in the obstructed view 400's...

The seats changed rows by game, if we were row D or higher, couldn't see the net closest to us. Wasn't a big deal, as we would just go get a beer, and stand up top. But then depending on the usher, they wouldn't let us, so we complained, and got some games switched to another section. I wouldn't take those seats again.

Even more annoying, was that they didn't even tell you beforehand that the seats had obstucted views...

vCash
    Mabye you can sell tickets on the board, if you put a post up of games that you are selling. Put the seat locations, the price per seat and an email address, i am sure you could find someone to buy a game or two

I would

vCash
    I know I'd consider buying some games off of you.

vCash
    make sure all sales of tickets are worked through private messages, the board prohibits open posts of ticket sales. They will not bother you if quietly do it through messages. Its in the forum rules that Sly had posted.

vCash

Where to sell

I have had season tickets in section 327 for 3 years now. I live in Connecticut so I only make it to about 1 game a month and as someone who sells the majority of the games to friends/family DO NOT SELL THEM ON STUBHUB. The face value on the 300 level tickets are $56 per seat. In order for me to break even on the tickets I have to sell them on Stubhub for at least $75. They take out so much in fees its crazy. The best bet would be to sell them on ticketxchange. Ticketmaster teams up with all the sports teams and allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets on the site. The best part is that you get 95% of the sale.

P.S. if anyone wants to snag some games for this year in the 300s section (we shoot twice) let me know. Face value. Email me anthony@ntechpc.com