Whoa. Maybe you two are related.
I've lived in Chicago my whole life, these are my top 5:
1) Lou Malnati's (958 West Wrightwood, Chicago, IL)
- Nothing tops this place, it has the hands down best deep dish in Chicago. Get the sausage patty on it, you'll love it.
2) Edwardo's (2662 N Halsted, Chicago, IL)
- This is the one that not many people know about. Its been around forever, uses all fresh natural ingredients, and the staff is really nice. I've been going there since I was in grade school with my parents. You won't regret their deepdish
3) Pizano's Pizza & Pasta (61 East Madison Street, Chicago, IL)
- Located right by Millennium Park, this is a great place to go to. You can walk around downtown, then head over here. The atmosphere in the place is very old school Italian Chicago. And the pizza is amazing. Not to mention, their pasta dishes are really unique and are worth the trip as well.
4) Pequod's Pizza (2207 North Clybourn Avenue, Chicago, IL )
- Awesome pizza, big time Blackhawks bar, great pan pizza.
5) Gino's East (633 North Wells Street, Chicago, IL)
- Classic Chicago deep dish, a must have for everyone visiting the city. Go to this location downtown, plenty of good bars around after you fill up on their pizza.
Mike P. ~~
Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...
ughhhhh so hungry for deep dish right now...
Lou's has always been my favorite. Deep dish, butter crust, garlic, sausage mmmmm
Chi town public schools born and raised right here. Out in NYC right now but moving back to the city in the fall, cant wait!
also, i know im strayin a little, but the thin crust hipster pizza at Peace in Wicker Park is pretty dankness.
My deacon told me that Derrick Rose & scottie pippen are frequent Pizanos all the time(not together). So maybe you'll get lucky JB.
The only one that I haven't seen mentioned that I believe is pretty good is Piece Pizza on North avenue. They only serve thin crust pizzas and aren't overwhelmingly filling. I usually share a medium with my girl or an xl for 3 guys. They also have award winning micro brewery. I'm not that big of a fan, I like Belgium style beer.
great, after i post this ecorrea post piece... hahah figures........
Last edited by dickydick8; 07-07-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: irony
Most of the top places have been covered. Lou Malnati's is tops for me. Pizano's is a family offshoot. A couple other nationally recognized top places that not as many people know about:
Great Lake (Andersonville) - Sometimes listed in top 10 in nation
Burt's Place (Morton Grove) - Founded Pequod's and Gulliver's. Doesn't care about money anymore, so makes best pizza possible now.
3) Homerun inn pizza 4254 West 31st Street, Chicago - (773) 247-9696
don't judge it based on the frozen, at the actual resturant the pizza is 10x better.
4) Reggio's Pizza 1339 S. Halsted Street, Chicago - (312) 455-1211
best turkey sausage pizza around.
If anyone has watched Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations, they showed a deep dish pizza place that looked great. I think there was only one of them and I don't remember what it is. I'm going to try to google it, but if you know what I'm talking about, let me know.
It's called Burt's Place in Morton Grove.
Last edited by jtsunami; 07-07-2011 at 11:36 AM.