Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boeknows View Post
    That would be sweet.
    Even if he is half of lidstrom ill be giddy.

When does episode 5 come out?
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1414 View Post
    Even if he is half of lidstrom ill be giddy.

When does episode 5 come out?
    The 9th

vCash
    The hockey news has un finishing 13th in the west, I cannot see that happening, I hope some of these rookies pan out, also they said Granlund will be fighting for a spot this year, I read he was going back to Finland this year, heard anything else?
    \

vCash
    I agree, I can't see us finishing 13th...we have good defenseman, a good goalie, and we have added some great offensive potential...we should finish with a 5th to 8th seed.

adding setoguchi and heatley gives us an electrifying first line with Koivu...I am a little concerned after that...Latendresse had one very good season with us, and PMB can be a wild card...Clutterbuck is sweet...but really, after the first three guys i mentioned, the rest are a toss up.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 09-13-2011 at 05:46 AM.

vCash
    I wish i understood hockey more, i watch it but its hard to get the hang of it.

vCash
    Brodin might have the skill set of a Lidstrom, something I have heard a lot of, but lets be honest Lidstrom is a generational talent and Brodin isnt the next coming. Also I will keep preaching this but I highly doubt Seto and Heatley play on the same line. They rarely did in SJ (and by that I mean Seto said himself a handful of times in the time they were together) and I would hate to pair our best two shooters together, effectively taking shots away from one another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Brodin might have the skill set of a Lidstrom, something I have heard a lot of, but lets be honest Lidstrom is a generational talent and Brodin isnt the next coming. Also I will keep preaching this but I highly doubt Seto and Heatley play on the same line. They rarely did in SJ (and by that I mean Seto said himself a handful of times in the time they were together) and I would hate to pair our best two shooters together, effectively taking shots away from one another.
    I agree with the assessment of Guchi and Heatley playing together...another thing to factor in is that by splitting them up, we will have at least two solid lines...so, who is the lucky one that gets to play with Koivu?

vCash
    Sounds like our first two lines are Seto-Koivu-Heatley and Gui-Cullen-PMB....Cant say I agree with either of them, especially not the first one. Obviously nothing is even close to set in stone and this is just what they were today in preseason skating. Also I think Heatley and Koivu play together with Gui on the left. Like I said that will give some net presence to that line and not take too many shots away from Heatley. I just really dont like the fact of those two on the same line taking shots from one another and if we stack that top line we hurt our depth. Who is the shooter on that second line than?

vCash
    yeah, heatley or Guchi could benefit greatly from a wing like PMB who can create for them...

Hetley - Koivu - PMB would be great in setting Heatley up

Guchi - Cullen - Latendresse would be great in having Guchi as the main scorer, Cullen setting him up, and Latendresse getting the scrap goals

splitting up Guchi and Heatley would also give us more depth on the lines.

vCash
    I would imagine that Yeo put them together in the pre-season to see how well the connect, even if they are not on the same line in regualr, its good to know chemestry when your down a goal, you know you can stick that line out and they could create that magic. Either way lets just score some goals. If we do that I am sure Minnesota should have a decent season.
    \

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12