Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sabres get another goalie

Sabres sign goalie Drew Mcintyre. They say he can compete for the back up or go to the AHL for depth. In Rochester, the Sabres resigned Leggio and want rookie 6'5 goalie Conner Knapp to back him up. Maybe a goalie trade is in the works.

vCash
    Just a little tidbit.

The Montreal Canadians offered Mcintyre more money, but he turned it down. He was quoted as saying, he wants to play for a team, who will give him a better chance at playing in the NHL. Especially since Montreal just signed Budaj.

A day later, he signed with Buffalo for less money.

vCash
    hmm i wonder whats going to happen to either enroth or miller...

vCash
    I'm very surprised WGR or any other sports outlet hasnt picked up on this or even discussed this signing. Mcintyre signs here for less money, after turning down the Habs, telling them he wants to go to a team where he has a better chance to play in the NHL. Theres no way Enroths back-up roll is in jeopardy.

Some think he is going to Rochester, but the Sabres just signed Leggio to a deal and with him going 22-12 last year, he wont be a backup. Mcintyre took the Hamilton to the Calder Cup finals, therefore he wont be a back up to Leggio. And The Sabres have Leiwen, and have said they would like Conner Knapp to back up Leggio.

You never know, with the signing of Defensemen Regehr and Ehrhoff, this team may be being built for Enroth not Miller. We still need a top notch Center and I doubt Enroth and prospects will land us one, but who knows.

vCash
    well i love miller (as you can tell by my name) and as much as i like him, it looks like that he could be the odd man out. Mabye not this year, but mabye next year as he would be in the final year of his contract. But I am probably wrong, and mabye they are using miller or enroth as trade bait. Or most likely they signed another goalie to get a competetion for backup to make both perform greatly. But first they would need to sign enroth

vCash
    Enroth hasn't signed yet but MacIntyre isn't really a capable NHL netminder. Even as Ryan Miller's backup. He hasn't played an NHL game since 07 and even then he only played 2 games and they are his only 2 NHL games ever. He wouldn't be a good choice as Miller's backup at all.

Enroth is the odd man out. He's gonna want to start at some point and won't behind Miller. He's probably ready to start now. Maybe he ends up in a Cory Schneider situation and hangs on as the backup for a couple more years or maybe he ends up in a Ilya Bryzgalov situation and has to be waived for cap purposes. As it stands now, the Sabres don't have the space to re-sign him.