Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rangers RFAs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I highly doubt it has to do with years since Dubi is two years away from free agency, the Rangers would be looking at a 3 or 4 year deal because his contract would go beyond his free agent years. It has to be about money since the Rangers still have to give Cally a contract and sign a veteran defenseman. The more they give Dubi the more they have to give Cally. The Rangers have about 10mil if not a little less to sign all three( because of some performance clauses, they lost another close to 600k from their cap). As much as I hate to say it because I love his grittiness but if Dubi gets more than 4.25 mil, the Rangers are gonna deal him and rightfully so.
    They're much more likely to buy out Wolski than to let Dubinsky go. Wolski only "cost" the Rangers Rozsival (ditching Rozsival so that McD could play very day in the NHL was the best part of the trade), so if they have to pay to get rid of Wolski (around $600k this year and even less next year) the Rangers still come out ahead.

vCash
    According to CapGeek the Rangers have 10.6 mil left in cap space. If Dubi gets his 5, you know Cally's getting 5.5 leaving 100k, 700k if they buyout Wolski and use that 700 k on a veteran defenseman thereby giving them a 22 man roster and 0 flexibility. They'll never go into the season with no flexibility.

vCash
    According to CapGeek the Rangers have 10.6 mil left in cap space. If Dubi gets his 5, you know Cally's getting 5.5 leaving 100k, 700k if they buyout Wolski and use that 700 k on a veteran defenseman thereby giving them a 22 man roster and 0 flexibility. They'll never go into the season with no flexibility.
    Wolski's cap hit is $3.8 mil. His buyout hit for this year is $400k or $600k, depending upon who you believe, with the other figure attaching to next season. Rangers would save over $3 mil this season by buying out Wolski.

Also, capgeek is using MDZ's hit, which might be accurrate, if he makes the club, but more likely we should use Erixon's $1.750 mil number, then add Eminger (reportedly coming back at about $900k), and another rookie (Valentenko or Kundratek at a round $800k if either MDZ or Erixon doesn't make the team) and the Rangers are unlikely to carry 14 forwards, as Capgeek currently shows.
    Last edited by dashripdot; 07-20-2011 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    YardBarker has an article from Blue Seats Blog which talks about the Rangers having 14 forwards( with Dubi and Cally signed) and if someone had to go would it be Wolski at 3.8 mil( brought out), MZA at 1.75 mil( sent down) or Christensen at 900k( waived). Who would it be?

vCash
    Question: If Wolski is brought out ( which would be stupid of us to do,since he has some skills and we wouldn't get anything in return) we'd have 3.2 mil ( 3.8mil - 600 k against the cap) of cap room right?

vCash
    YardBarker has an article from Blue Seats Blog which talks about the Rangers having 14 forwards( with Dubi and Cally signed) and if someone had to go would it be Wolski at 3.8 mil( brought out), MZA at 1.75 mil( sent down) or Christensen at 900k( waived). Who would it be?
    Fedotenko should not have been re-signed, but he is a favorite of Tortorella. Christensen is useful as a healthy scratch. It would have been nice to give Wolski another shot, but not at $3.8, so out he goes. MZA should be playing every day. They can also live without Avery.

vCash
    Avery is a tricky issue, the Rangers are paying him 1.9 mil with Dallas paying him the other 1.9 mil. I'm not sure if we buy him out, if we'd have to buy him out at 3.8 or at the 1.9.

vCash
    Question: If Wolski is brought out ( which would be stupid of us to do,since he has some skills and we wouldn't get anything in return) we'd have 3.2 mil ( 3.8mil - 600 k against the cap) of cap room right?
    Other way around (it would cost the Rangers slightly more next season than this season): his buyout hit to the Rangers this season would be $466,667 and $666,667 next season. They would save approximately$3.3 mil this season against the cap.

As for his value, this is his 3rd team in 4 years (if traded by the Rangers, 4th team in 4 years). He has talent, but aside from wondering what he might do for the Rangers this year, he becomes an RFA at the end of the season and he should be looking at a massive drop in salary (or, at least, whatever percentage is allowed under the CBA), so you have to ask whether he still wants to play, although still young, and whether the Rangers want to pay him even the qualifying offer amount based on his current cap number. He might elect to play for more money in Europe, but despite the name, he was raised in Canada, so he might not be inclined to leave North America. His trade value now is low, unless a team needing to get to the cap floor wants him, as his $3.8 cap hit deal ($4 mil in actual dollars) is up after this season. However, the return would be negligible. If it helps get longterm deals done with Dubinsky and Callahan at somewhat higher cap hits than the Rangers wanted to endure right now, I have no trouble buying him out.
    Last edited by dashripdot; 07-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Only problem is that since all the salaries went crazy this offseason Mike Richards is not a 5 mill player anymore, he's prob a 6.5, and the same with everyone in the league they've all increased. Also, you can't just "go get a guy like Mike Richards" you have to trade for him, and losing valuable pieces to get a player that may be marginally better at this point in his career for more money doesn't make a lot of sense. People laughed at me when I said Dubinsky would get "marc staal money", now I don't sound so crazy do I? Having said all that, this contract is going to be used to get money for Callahan, so expect him to rake in the same.
    because when you said it the cap wasnt set to increase 5 mill. That increase sent all salaries through the roof as we have seen and given players much more leverage for the future. It actually took that 5 mill increase to get close to 4 mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    because when you said it the cap wasnt set to increase 5 mill. That increase sent all salaries through the roof as we have seen and given players much more leverage for the future. It actually took that 5 mill increase to get close to 4 mill.
    I think if the cap didn't go up he was still gonna be hovering around that number, but we would have had to buy out Wolski along with Drury as was talked about earlier before the cap went up. Just happy he's resigned so all the rumors of him going to Edmonton, Toronto, etc can all stop. Just need to get Callahan signed now, and probably Eminger.

vCash
    how come when all the talk of Brad Richards to the Rangers was swirling around, and then he finally signed there. Why did i keep hearing that if the Rangers signed Richards they would have to choose between Callahan and Dubinsky?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    how come when all the talk of Brad Richards to the Rangers was swirling around, and then he finally signed there. Why did i keep hearing that if the Rangers signed Richards they would have to choose between Callahan and Dubinsky?
    Unreliable sources I guess, if anything were to have happened they wouldn't have signed Fedotenko or they would have bought out Wolski. There was never any chance Dubinksy and Callahan were leaving.

vCash
    Unreliable sources I guess, if anything were to have happened they wouldn't have signed Fedotenko or they would have bought out Wolski. There was never any chance Dubinksy and Callahan were leaving.
    ooo ok..thanks for the clarafication
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    I think if the cap didn't go up he was still gonna be hovering around that number, but we would have had to buy out Wolski along with Drury as was talked about earlier before the cap went up. Just happy he's resigned so all the rumors of him going to Edmonton, Toronto, etc can all stop. Just need to get Callahan signed now, and probably Eminger.
    Are you really saying he didnt get paid more because of the cap increase? Really come on....go to the NHL forums and read what basically everyone is saying. All players that signed after the cap increased got more then what was expected, thats just common sense. That also includes all our own guys that we signed. They didnt get as much because frankly they are not as good but they still got a little more.

Dubi and Cally both are going to get a large portion of that 5 mill cap increase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Are you really saying he didnt get paid more because of the cap increase? Really come on....go to the NHL forums and read what basically everyone is saying. All players that signed after the cap increased got more then what was expected, thats just common sense. That also includes all our own guys that we signed. They didnt get as much because frankly they are not as good but they still got a little more.

Dubi and Cally both are going to get a large portion of that 5 mill cap increase.
    I'm saying he was probably gonna get close to 4 mill either way, that's why they were talking about a buyout of Wolski as well as Drury. I don't rely on the forums for info on this stuff, it's just people blabbing stuff they know nothing about. If he had gone to arbitration he would have been well over what he got just like Ville Leino who got 4.5, and there's very few people around that would consider Leino a better player than Dubi. So Yes the cap would have affected his salary if he had gone to arbitration, and ya I do think maybe it brought him over the 4 mill mark but Staal is just under 4, I don't think you were getting Dubi for any less no matter how much the cap increased.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast