Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers RFAs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    BTW, we're completely off topic for this thread, but since no one seems to mind, there is speculation that Feds will play the left side on Richards line with Gaborik.
    Feds will never have any longevity on that line, he can't keep up with either of them and he couldn't find the net with a GPS. If ya ask me, I think Anisimov is gonna have to get used to wing, and he'll be playing wing on the second line with Dubi on the first.

vCash
    Yeah, I can't see Feds playing on that line long-term. I think you'll maybe see him there sporadically, a game here or a shift there, but he doesn't have the skill to play with those guys.

You think they move AA to wing? I think if anyone moves to wing it will be Stepan. At least for the time being, AA is the better option at center.

vCash
    Anyone read the ESPN Insider piece on a possible Wolski buyout?

vCash
    I read an article like that on SNY Rangers blog that quoted Brooksie. Extremely misleading title. I was gonna post it but...

Here's the title: Is Wojtek Wolski In Jeopardy of Being Bought Out?

and here's the contradiction:

If Wojtek Wolski wasn’t in the Rangers plans for this season, he would have been bought out already. Because he wasn’t, I have to believe that the team sees him as someone who can help address the scoring issues they had last year. They have over $12 million in cap space to sign three players, plus a defenseman, and that should be plenty. I would think that the Rangers probably played out many different scenarios for how the off-season could have gone and if they wanted more space than they have, Wolski would be gone already. Since he isn’t, I have to think that they see him as a member of the 2011-12 Rangers.

vCash
    i really hope that they dont buy out wolski..i see a lot of potential in him and hopefully he really breaks out this year

vCash
    I don't see Wolski being bought out. A trade is more likely. Andwho cares really. If he sucks, he's gone next summer anyway. His contract is on the large side, but it isn't prohibitive.

vCash
    The Arbitration hearings dates are out.
    July 21 - Dubinsky
    July 25 - Boyle
    July 28 - Callahan

vCash
    Wow...that's earlier than I thought.

vCash

RFA's

Does anyone know what is going on with Dubinsky and Callahan? Are they going to arbitration? Are they close to signing?

Thanks

vCash
    Already a thread on the Rangers RFA situation

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=632539
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Thanks I couldn't find it

vCash
    my view on wolly... he is in a contract year and will lose value dramatically if he doesnt perform so i htink having him on the team is a good move for at least the first half of the season to see what he will bring in this contract year, if all else fails... theres allways a team looking for depth wingers for playoffs... no harm no foul

vCash
    according to Brooks twitter account, it looks like Dubisky is headed to arb sides are not close enough yet on long term deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    according to Brooks twitter account, it looks like Dubisky is headed to arb sides are not close enough yet on long term deal.
    i kind of figured this. I think Dubi is seeing all these huge over payments for guys and wants to be overpaid too. The Laich and leino contracts were terrible and both teams will prob regret them after the first year.

vCash
    Reportedly, the hold-up is term, not dollars. He wants a longer deal than what the team is offering. Rangers can elect two years if it goes so far as an arbitration award being entered before a deal is struck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast