sooo august lol

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    AA and Sauer signed for 2 years each.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    AA and Sauer signed for 2 years each.
    Sauer signed for 2 yrs at 1.25 per wonder what AA signed for. Should be in the same area i believe.

vCash
    Heres the arbitration dates if they make it to them: Dubi July 21, Boyle July 25, Cally July 28. Parisi is August 3 and Weber is August 2.
    NHLPA.com

vCash
    Artie signed 1.875 per season, 2 year deal. As per Andrew Gross Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Artie signed 1.875 per season, 2 year deal. As per Andrew Gross Twitter.
    Thats not bad at all they both are in line for what most of us thought. In the beginning i figured Sauer to get a mill and AA to get 2 mill. So the two of them would total 3 mill and they ended up signing for 3.125 total. Pretty good deals for both IMO.

Hopefully Boyle gets in between that 1.5 and 2 mill range now, so we can get something going for Dubi and Cally.

vCash
    commonsense, I posted in another thread according to cap geek we currently have 12,866,666 left in cap room. I think both are fair deals and Boyle should be next so Sather knows exactly how much room he has for Dubi and Cally. IMO Sather is actually working this offseason correctly, rather then throw offers at each of these players and give the we will figure it out when we are done attitude, hes actually putting all of his pieces in place one step at a time.

vCash
    2 to Boyle 4 to cally and dubi giving us 2.6 if we make a move at the deadline we can move a contract and pickup someone in the 4-6 mil range

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Heres the arbitration dates if they make it to them: Dubi July 21, Boyle July 25, Cally July 28. Parisi is August 3 and Weber is August 2.
    NHLPA.com
    Not sure they get Dubinsky done before his hearing, but hope they do.

vCash
    i believe sather gets them all signed

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Yeah, he'll get them all signed. I think he gets Boyle signed before the hearing, and maybe the same with Callahan. Not so sure on Dubinsky.

vCash
    We should move Boyle. He's a solid player and he has some value after last season but he really doesn't fit on this team anymore. It would be a huge waste of talent and money if we buried him on the fourth line. Throw in the fact that he doesn't really play like a fourth liner anyway.

Save some cash and sign someone cheap that can get the job done on the fourth line.

vCash
    I don't think he'll lose much icetime though, even if he's on a 4th line playing with Prust and Fedotenko. Plus, the three of them wil still see a ton of time on the PK as they are 3 of the primary penalty killers.

The odd men out, assuming all are back, are Avery and Christensen, with the next pair above them being MZA and Wolski. I would not be surprised to see those 4 be the guys who Torts struggles with in terms of consistency, finding the proper place and role in which to play them, and getting them in the lineup or giving them icetime.

Guys who are going to get at least 15 mins anight are:
    Richards, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle- with the slight possibility of Feds or Prust approaching that as well, manily because of how much Torts loves how they play together effort wise and style wise, and their ability on the PK.

But Avery, Christensen, Prust, MZA, and Wolski all saw less then 15 mins a night last year. I don't see that changing for any of them, unless Wolski plays with Richards and Gabs on the 1st line and is great.

It may come down, if Dubi is kept with AA and Cally on a 2nd line, to that group maybe having a minute or so a night shaved off their time to give more to the 1st line. Even with that scenarion, Dubinsky would still play 18+, Cally still 18+ and AA around 15.

vCash
    Personally, I think Dubi wins the 1st line LW job and keeps it, Stepan slides up to the 2nd line and plays with AA and Cally. Boyle Prust and Feds are your 3rd line and help on the PK. And given who they're playing, how they're playing, and the health of everyone, the group of Wolski, Rupp, Christensen, Avery and MZA are going to compose the 4th line/extra forwards most nights and be the "juggling options" for Torts as 4 of those 5 guys have enough offensive ability to jump up on a higher line intermittently and play if they're going well or someone else is not or is hurt.

vCash
    BTW, we're completely off topic for this thread, but since no one seems to mind, there is speculation that Feds will play the left side on Richards line with Gaborik.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast