Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rangers RFAs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Are you really saying he didnt get paid more because of the cap increase? Really come on....go to the NHL forums and read what basically everyone is saying. All players that signed after the cap increased got more then what was expected, thats just common sense. That also includes all our own guys that we signed. They didnt get as much because frankly they are not as good but they still got a little more.

Dubi and Cally both are going to get a large portion of that 5 mill cap increase.
    Might say Dubinsky got the first $4.2 million of it all to himself, but I guess it would be more accurate that Fedotenko, Rupp and Richards beat them both to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'm saying he was probably gonna get close to 4 mill either way, that's why they were talking about a buyout of Wolski as well as Drury. I don't rely on the forums for info on this stuff, it's just people blabbing stuff they know nothing about. If he had gone to arbitration he would have been well over what he got just like Ville Leino who got 4.5, and there's very few people around that would consider Leino a better player than Dubi. So Yes the cap would have affected his salary if he had gone to arbitration, and ya I do think maybe it brought him over the 4 mill mark but Staal is just under 4, I don't think you were getting Dubi for any less no matter how much the cap increased.
    No offense but there is no way that any agent of any player negotiating a contract is not aware that teams have more money to spend. Agents know this, players know this and GM's know this. Plus on top you can just look at what players were signing before the cap increase and after. Its not even close players got way more money after.

BTW Staal was an allstar and Dubi is not so how can you say he was going to make the same? Perfect example is if Staal was a RFA this year he would be looking at 5-6 mill easy. Thats how big of a difference 5 mill in salary cap space is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    Might say Dubinsky got the first $4.2 million of it all to himself, but I guess it would be more accurate that Fedotenko, Rupp and Richards beat them both to it.
    To be fair we had players that expired such as Frolov, Prospal, McCabe as well as Drurys buyout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    No offense but there is no way that any agent of any player negotiating a contract is not aware that teams have more money to spend. Agents know this, players know this and GM's know this. Plus on top you can just look at what players were signing before the cap increase and after. Its not even close players got way more money after.

BTW Staal was an allstar and Dubi is not so how can you say he was going to make the same? Perfect example is if Staal was a RFA this year he would be looking at 5-6 mill easy. Thats how big of a difference 5 mill in salary cap space is.
    So you think that without the increase in cap that Dubinsky was gonna get less than 3.9 per year on a 4 yr contract? Some comparables for you. Drew Stafford, 4 mill 52 points....Brad Boyes 55 points 4 mill...Kris Kunitz 48 points 3.725.. Ryan Malone 38 points 4.5 mill....Johan Franzen 55 points 3.95 mill. Those were contracts all signed before the increase, if Dubinsky went into arbitration without the cap increase he was gonna get 4 mill, no doubt about it just based on comparable contracts. With the way the cap is increasing 4.2 in 3-4 years is gonna be a steal, especially if it goes up another 4-5 mill a year, even if it just goes up 2 a year and ends up another 6 mill in 3 years it'll be a steal. BTW I agree that Staal would get more money now, I really thought we got a steal when we signed him in the first place but that's what happens when you sign players to multi year deals, it might seem like a bit much at first but with the way the cap keeps increasing it's not likely to be that way later on.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl-wp9469
    Last edited by bsi; 07-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456