Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Rangers RFAs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    1500

    Rangers RFAs

    I read that Dubinsky filed, Boyle filed and Callahan will file for arbitration if he does not receive an offer by 5:00 today. At least that will prevent any offer sheets if they haven't received them by 5:00.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    Sauer did also, only Anisimov didn't and he wasn't eligible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    1500
    Well hopefully ( If TSN's Report is true ) one of them will be in a trade for Stamkos! I honestly think something is in the works because our cap space is pretty dismal and unless we trade, I don't see anything happening especially after inking Richards.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    984
    vCash
    1500
    Where is this report that you mention NYRfan? Do you have a link?

    MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

    St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011



    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRFan76 View Post
    Well hopefully ( If TSN's Report is true ) one of them will be in a trade for Stamkos! I honestly think something is in the works because our cap space is pretty dismal and unless we trade, I don't see anything happening especially after inking Richards.
    Trading for Stamkos doesn't solve a Cap problem, it creates one. You're talking about someone about to at least $7M - $8M annually. So, we'd have to send a lot of young, high salaries back.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    1500
    No I don't have a link been trying to find one myself. Someone in the Stamkos thread posted the report. We have to do deal something to make the cap space reasonable and in order to build our roster up for the season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRFan76 View Post
    No I don't have a link been trying to find one myself. Someone in the Stamkos thread posted the report. We have to do deal something to make the cap space reasonable and in order to build our roster up for the season.
    Don't listen to that guy he just posts ridiculous things and then doesn't respond. And what someone else wrote is right, Stamkos will only cause more cap problems because we would have to give up a **** ton for him and he would command 8-9 mill a year and we'd be losing players for it.
    Averymustgo...must go

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,371
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Don't listen to that guy he just posts ridiculous things and then doesn't respond. And what someone else wrote is right, Stamkos will only cause more cap problems because we would have to give up a **** ton for him and he would command 8-9 mill a year and we'd be losing players for it.
    Losing Stamkos is suicide for Yzerman...he has to sign him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully, Callahan, Dubinsky, Sauer and Boyle can be worked out before the arbitration hearings are held, but even if the awards are higher than what the Rangers want to pay, having two or more players file for arbitration triggers a second buy-out period for the team. Wolski could be bought out if the Rangers need the cap room. Not the first choice, but his buyout would provide significant savings, if needed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    1500
    four one this hole stamlos talk is nuts.. There is no way we get him and if we did we would have to put gabby in that deal to clear the cap space to get him and I don't see tampa bay taking him plus to gut your whole team 4 one guy is ******** imo...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,776
    vCash
    1500
    Simply put Stammer is not coming here not do we want him. we have a very good thing going no ned to gut our system and take 3 steps back over him
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,643
    vCash
    1500
    When would the arbitration hearings be held?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    They haven't posted the dates of arbitration hearings yet but should be announcing them shortly. Hopefully they to come to an agreement before the meetings, not a fan of GMs bashing their players to try to keep costs down (I do know its part of the business but still).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manhasset, NY
    Posts
    2,960
    vCash
    1500
    the arbitration hearings arent till august....they will all be signed before then

    props to sfgiants5518

    GO 'CUSE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,484
    vCash
    1500
    I believe the arbitration hearings run from July 20 through August 4.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •