Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Wild trade Havlat for Heatley

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6736349

Great trade for us imo. We get a pure goal scorer who is a head above Havlat and the same age. He has less years on his contract, but with a bigger cap hit. But lets face it Havlat's contract he is being overpaid, at least now we have someone who has legitimate 40-50 goal potential on our team. A line of Heatley/Koivu/Guchi or Laten is scary, Fletcher took this having no offense thing serious and has made great acquisitions while taking the team in the right direction. I only have one hope left for the offseason acquire the rights to Sami Lepisto or Anton Stralman and sign them for our D.

vCash
    I like the trade a lot. I like Marty and he was fun to watch handle the puck but he wasn't a pure scorer which is what we poorly need. We have several guys on our team that can create with Mikko, PMB, and some younger guys but we don't have a guy that is know for putting the puck in the net. Heatley brings that and as long as he doesn't whine here and his injuries (hand) are all healed then I think this is a great trade and the love the direction Richards has the Wild headed. October 8 can't come fast enough!

vCash
    This is the shakeup we needed for sure. Havlat was overpaid and always an injury concern. Heatley can stay healthy and yes we NEEDED a pure goal scorer and he already has chemistry with Guchi so it should be fun to watch. I have also heard rumors that we are going after Kaberle as well.

vCash
    woh!!!! Heatley!!!!

vCash
    We clearly win this trade. I dont understand why you would give up Heatley, who is an elite forward, for Havlat, who is a good forward. Sure the Sharks save some money, but talent like Heatley is really rare.

vCash
    The Sharks fans seem pretty happy about it. I still think we win. at them.

vCash
    yeah, I really dont understand them liking the trade so much. Marty Havlat production is pretty easy to find...When Heatley is on top of his game, there are only about ten players in the league that produce like him

vCash
    We got a very good deal on this. Heatley never worked well with the Sharks so they undervalued him in this trade and I'm pretty surprised they took Havlat who had one good year for us and one good year for the Blackhawks. Heatley has put up over 100 points multiple times in his career and since he will be our primary scorer I hope he can do it again. I'm really exited to see Mikko finally have a scorer with him to see if he can put up 65+ assists this season. If Mikko and Heatley work well together, I think this is the trade that puts us in the playoffs.

vCash
    Yeah Heatley was lost on that team with all those high paid forwards, here he is clearly a #1 option and when he is a top option he will put up points mega points especially with Koivu centering him. It will just be interesting to see who the other line mate will be

vCash
    Heatley - Koivu - Setoguchi

We can put together a legit #1 line for the first time in wild history.

vCash
    I like that line, although I think a bigger body or someone who works in front/behind the net would be better. Honestly I would love to have Bruno for this line, but I think Gui or Guchi can do it. Guchi plays a power type game with a good lethal shot. I just want my Heatley Jersey now lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I like that line, although I think a bigger body or someone who works in front/behind the net would be better. Honestly I would love to have Bruno for this line, but I think Gui or Guchi can do it. Guchi plays a power type game with a good lethal shot. I just want my Heatley Jersey now lol.
    Bruno got signed by the Blackhawks which definitely sucks.

I'm with you on getting a Heatley Jersey. My wishlist is now:
    1. Chinese Heatley Jersey (not paying $250 for "authentic" when I can get it for $30)
    2. Rubio Jersey Shirt
    3. Wilfred Costume for Halloween

vCash
    You cant criticize Fletch now!!! He's done phenominal with draft picks and trades which is basically the GM job other than the coach pickups too. First setoguchi,hot prosect coyle along with a draft pick (phillips), and now heatley? You cant argue that fletch is really turning this offensive problem completely around. I guarantee Heatley will put up numbers like gabby.Warm welcome to the state of hockey Heatley!!!

vCash
    The only thing ill criticize is last year he set us back, I mean we still have Cullen draining 3mil a year on us. And I still think Backstrom should be traded. Were looking to go young? Harding was considered able to be a #1 guy last year before his injury, and we have Hacket and others that have #1 ability in the minors. If Harding comes back in form, you trade Backstrom for a kings ransom of young talent.

vCash
    ****ing love this trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast