Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 166 to 176 of 176

Thread: Defense

  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    146
    vCash
    1500
    This is just a big WHAT IF, so do not take it seriously at all haha.

    What if the Predators and Weber don't come to terms on a contract? And what if the team doesn't want his contract that he's awarded? Do you think Glenny boy would be able to pull some rabbits outta hats for him? Maybe send out McIlrath who is supposedly a similar style player to Weber? Or bundle together some other players? Just a thought however. I think Shea Weber would be the exact defenseman we are looking for. Also, he would look great in broadway blue haha.

    Gimme your thoughts.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    This is just a big WHAT IF, so do not take it seriously at all haha.

    What if the Predators and Weber don't come to terms on a contract? And what if the team doesn't want his contract that he's awarded? Do you think Glenny boy would be able to pull some rabbits outta hats for him? Maybe send out McIlrath who is supposedly a similar style player to Weber? Or bundle together some other players? Just a thought however. I think Shea Weber would be the exact defenseman we are looking for. Also, he would look great in broadway blue haha.

    Gimme your thoughts.
    Oh of course if we can land weber you do it. Problem is what does it cost and what kind of contract do you give him?

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Oh of course if we can land weber you do it. Problem is what does it cost and what kind of contract do you give him?
    We'd have to shed contracts to give him the deal he would be looking for so I'd say Wolski, Girardi and a prospect/pick or two.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalHockey View Post
    We'd have to shed contracts to give him the deal he would be looking for so I'd say Wolski, Girardi and a prospect/pick or two.
    That sounds about right. Weber is a monster who contributes at both ends of the ice. He'd be a perfect fit for us, but it's certainly a long shot.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    That sounds about right. Weber is a monster who contributes at both ends of the ice. He'd be a perfect fit for us, but it's certainly a long shot.
    Yeah it's definitely a long shot, but if all the pieces fall perfectly we could potentially get him if Nashville is going to stiff him. I would love to have Weber on this team. The Rangers would definitely go places haha.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    I would love to see Weber but IF Nashville would accept the contract and deal him the players going would not be Girardi and Wolski. It would start with Staal; have to remember almost every team would be making offers.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,741
    vCash
    1500
    Brett Burns and Ryan Suter are both UFAs at the end of this season. As much as I would love a guy like Shea Weber, who can carry the right team to Stanley Cup victory, I prefer the UFA route with a more than acceptable 2nd-choice type alternative, such as Burns and Suter. Otherwise, we have to lose some existing core, young players that the organization has invested in.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,484
    vCash
    1500
    Weber is probably not an option as a UFA next summer. The indication is still that he'll sign a long-term deal before his arb hearing this coming Tuesday.

    But depending on what happens with the younger defensemen this season, Suter and Burns certainly could deserve a look if they are available next summer.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,741
    vCash
    1500
    Interesting article regarding the waiver status of Del Zotto, and how it could raise the bar in terms of him starting the season with the Rangers.

    http://www.blueseatblogs.com/

    I always thought it was best for MDZ to start the year off in CT until it was painfully obvious he was ready; but this waiver status issue makes things a bit more complex.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maspeth (Queens), NY
    Posts
    29,728
    vCash
    1500
    Shouldn't change anything. MDZ will have to earn his way in camp. If he's not ready, he'll be in the AHL. Everyone penciled in McDonagh to start the season and it turned out he needed more time.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28


    Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

    Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    394
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed, I think MDZ will basically go the same route as McDonagh. He will most likely start the season in the AHL to work on his defensive fundamentals. If he improves on those key fundamentals which he lacks I can see him coming up sometime in the first couple of months

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •