Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

How many players are allow to suit up for a game in college? and...

is there a roster limit like the NFL?

There is a limit - I'm just unaware of the number and couldn't google it successfully.

Pry sure it's about 60.

I think I remember when they changed it for DII anyways because I believe at one time the home team did not have a limit. I remember that pissing a lot of people off when they put the cap on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Rodgers would love having butt.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

FBS is limited to 85 players on scholarship. They can have more players on the team, they just cannot be paying for their schooling. You may play college football without a scholarship, but the scholarship limits are meant to prevent the major schools from hoarding all of the football talent by giving everyone a scholarship and having them all ride the bench.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6674902_ala...-football.html

During the 2009/10 season, Alabama had well over 100 players on its roster. According to the NCAA Rule Book, there is no official limit on total roster size. There is a limit on the number of scholarship players on a roster, but a team may have as many total players as they wish. Aside from scholarship players, teams have walk-on players. Walk-on players are simply players who are not on scholarship, and, at top tier programs like Alabama, usually fill the role of bench riders, practice squad and scout team players.

Looks like you can suit up 110 per game:

http://www.statcrew.com/html/faqsfb.shtml

I am quite sure it was 53 for traveling/road teams, and unlimited for home teams. Thats how it was when I played in the States.

Credit--- Phins1983