Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous

vCash

Nervous

Does anyone have a feeling that the jets are going to have to over pay players to get them to come play in winnipeg?

vCash
    No.

vCash
    No, nor should they be spending their money yet. Resigning the key RFA's is more important IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    No, nor should they be spending their money yet. Resigning the key RFA's is more important IMO.
    Well, we've gotta spend quite a bit yet to get up to the cap floor. I don't think Ladd, Wheeler and Bogo will get us there. Plus, now we have 6 NHL d-men on the roster WITHOUT Bogo. I wonder if there's a trade in the works...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan_101 View Post
    Well, we've gotta spend quite a bit yet to get up to the cap floor. I don't think Ladd, Wheeler and Bogo will get us there. Plus, now we have 6 NHL d-men on the roster WITHOUT Bogo. I wonder if there's a trade in the works...
    Bogo could do a good job landing a top centre. Brayden Schenn for Bogosian would be an interesting trade IMO. Schenn is already expendible with Couturier coming into Philadelphia.

vCash
    Bogo could do a good job landing a top centre. Brayden Schenn for Bogosian would be an interesting trade IMO. Schenn is already expendible with Couturier coming into Philadelphia.
    Not sure the flyers could digest another big contract but would love to have schenn but if we do trade bogosian i hope its for a young center like schenn or hodgson. I think hodgson could be had becuase he us burried in Van and will never get a chance to center one of the top 3 lines with Henrik and Kesler not going anywhere and Malholtra is the prototypical 3rd line center. So that leaves Hodgson to either play wing which isnt his natural pos or play on the 4th line which is just a waste.

vCash
    ^^ That actually sounds like a decent trade. Hodgson for Bogosian could help out both teams. I'm curious to see how Hodgson would do in big minutes, and Bogosian going on a better team. I bet he'd get big minutes in Vancouver.

vCash
    ^^ That actually sounds like a decent trade. Hodgson for Bogosian could help out both teams. I'm curious to see how Hodgson would do in big minutes, and Bogosian going on a better team. I bet he'd get big minutes in Vancouver.
    I'm guessing we would probably have to take keith ballard to make the trade work for the nucks since they are close to the cap. But i don't mind ballard at all so that would be fine by me as well.

vCash
    Hodgson for Bogosian would be horrible. Hodgson is crap. Bogosian has no leverage, sign him and make him ride the pine.

vCash
    Cody Hodgson really isn't crap, but has already suffered a serious injury. I'd rather do the trade for Brayden Schenn.

vCash
    No way you could get Schenn for Hodgson. Hodgson has a poor attitude, hes not going to succumb to being a very good NHL player imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    No way you could get Schenn for Hodgson. Hodgson has a poor attitude, hes not going to succumb to being a very good NHL player imo
    Never said Schenn for Hodgson..

vCash
    I think the Jets need to make a big time move, just to show players that they are willing to win. They may have moved to Winnipeg, but their still the Atlanta Thrashers of 2010-2011, with a few minor additions. Will they "need to spend"? No, but they need to shake up this roster, cause its not a winning team. They need at least one recognizeable veteran, at least to mentor some of the young guys.

Schenn will be a cap hit of about 3.14 million, how much is Bogo at? I personally wouldn't mind the trade as a Flyers fan, but only if extra was added on the Jets' end, like a pick(s) or another player. Bogosian is full of potential, but he didnt show it. Maybe it's because its because of the team around him, but I couldn't see the Flyers trading the top forward prospect for a under performing player at D.

I wonder if Phoenix would trade Shane Doan. Would Bogosian appeal to them...?
    Phillies | Flyers | Union | Eagles | 76ers
    many thanks thenyknicks!

vCash
    Phoenix wouldn't trade Shane Doan, especially to Phoenix IMO. I really like the idea of Alexander Semin from Washington, or try and steal Paul Stastny from Colorado.

vCash
    Jets would be smart to keep Bogosian, and play him with Enstrom. Enstrom brings the best out of his defensive partner, look at Byfuglien's play with and without him last season. There are so many advantages, and possibilities created, by playing Bogosian with Enstrom. Enstrom makes him look better so his stock is higher if Winnipeg wants to move him, or Bogosian who's still 20 progresses incredibly this year giving him the momentum and confidence to hit his upside soon. He's still 20, I'm excited what he can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast