Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'll be heading out tomorrow around noon for this game. This should be a fun weekend! Go Big Red!

vCash
    Defending Sun Belt champs Arkansas State will be visiting Lincoln this Saturday. Nebraska did not look sharp on defense or offense against UCLA, especially on 3rd down plays. Huskers likely roll as they take out last week's frustrations on the Red Wolves.

vCash
    Big Sky opponent Idaho State coming into Lincoln this weekend.

Conference play is less than two weeks away with Wisconsin coming in next week to suffer some payback!

vCash
    Cant wait for Wisconsin to roll in here, especially being at the last game and how pumped the crowd got after the refs made that horseshit call on the punt with Abdula... cant wait to scream my *** off when Wisconsin roles in. GBR

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    wisconsin looks terrible this year. Nebraska should win easily

vCash

Nebraska Cornhuskers thread

Good luck this weekend, I fully expect my Badgers to get annihilated but any given Saturday.

vCash
    I'm not convinced Wisconsin is going to be an easy game. Now that conference play begins the stakes are raised, this will be the most physical team Nebraska has faced so far.

Glad to see Rex was looking as good as ever in his few carries yesterday. I also love what I see in Braylon Heard and Imani Cross as our future RBs.

vCash

Martinez, Huskers get chance at redemption

The groan on the other end of the phone said it all.

The wounds from Nebraska's loss to Wisconsin in 2011 haven't fully healed.

"Oh God," Huskers linebacker Will Compton told ESPN.com, "I hate to reflect on that. It was definitely a bad taste, a terrible ride back."

It's not easy for Nebraska players to recall the night of Oct. 1, 2011, when their Big Ten debut turned into a debacle in Madison, Wis., as they were pounded 48-17 by the host Badgers at Camp Randall Stadium. Nebraska dropped its league opener for just the third time in the previous 37 seasons, lost by its biggest margin in three seasons and allowed its highest points total since 2008.

While it's difficult for the Huskers to look back, it's very easy for them to look forward and gear up for Saturday night's rematch with Wisconsin at Memorial Stadium.

"We're really looking forward to this week, just because of what happened last year," Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez told ESPN.com. "That still haunts us in the back of our minds. Everyone's pumped up for it."
    more: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...demption-looms

vCash
    Former head coach and current athletic director Tom Osborne announced this morning that as of January 1st he will be stepping down to retire.

Lincoln - University of Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne today announced his plan to retire Jan. 1, 2013. At 75, Osborne - who retired as Nebraska's head football coach in 1998 and who has led the Husker athletic department for the past five years - will step down as athletic director.

On Jan. 1, 2013, Osborne will become athletic director emeritus. He will continue to be actively involved in Athletic Department operations through July 30, 2013.

"It has been a pleasure and an honor to work in the Athletic Department for the past five years," Osborne said. "I hope that there have been some good things that have been accomplished during that time. I appreciate Chancellor Perlman giving me this opportunity. I've had the privilege of working with some outstanding people in the athletic department and have confidence that the trajectory of the athletic department is very good."
    http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Tom Osborne had a hand in all 5 of Nebraska's National Championships, he was the offensive coordinator for Bob Devaney! It will be impossible for anyone to ever match what he did for Nebraska.

vCash
    Nebraska got the win but they did it the hard way by waiting until they were down 27-10 before rallying for a 30-27 win against Wisconsin. The only time Nebraska ever came from further back was last year against Ohio State when they were down 27-6 before rallying to win 34-27.

Huskers better not get behind this time, winning on the road against a team like Ohio State requires a near perfect game. This one will be tough.

vCash

Nebraska asks UCF for Ohio State game film

After accusations from Michigan State that Ohio State had "doctored" the game films that all teams provide their upcoming opponent in order to help prepare for them, Bo Pelini has asked UCF for their game film from when they played Ohio State earlier this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-film-tape-ucf

vCash

Miami(FL) AD resigns, rumored to be leading candidate to replace Tom Osborne

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Shawn Eichorst resigned as Miamiathletic director on Thursday, the latest blow to a department bracing to be hit by NCAA sanctions, said a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university - which was scrambling Thursday to decide how to fill Eichorst's role on a short-term basis -- had not publicly announced Eichorst's decision. Various reports in Nebraska have identified Eichorst this week as a candidate to replace the retiring Tom Osborne as the Cornhuskers' athletic director.

Eichorst, who has not spoken with reporters in months, did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment. His resignation comes two days before Miami plays Notre Dame, the first regular-season meeting between the storied football programs since 1990.

Eichorst's tenure at Miami lasted less than 18 months. He was hired by the Hurricanes after serving as Wisconsin's Chief Operating Officer for athletics, overseeing a $90 million budget and being closely involved with a $100 million construction project for ice hockey, swimming and football. Eichorst was highly recommended for the Miami job by his one-time boss at Wisconsin, athletic director Barry Alvarez - a close friend of Miami President Donna Shalala.

Alvarez is also a graduate of Nebraska.
    more: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ncaa-sanctions

vCash

Eichorst resigns as Miami AD, heads to Nebraska to replace Osborne

Well it's official now.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Shawn Eichorst is leaving his job as athletic director at scandal-ridden Miami for Nebraska, where he accepted a five-year contract to succeed Tom Osborne and oversee the Cornhuskers' program.

The schools made simultaneous announcements on Thursday, and for Miami, Eichorst's departure comes at a particularly curious time -- both with the Hurricanes set to play Notre Dame in the rekindling of a huge college football rivalry Saturday, and as the school braces to receive potentially crippling NCAA sanctions sometime in the coming months for compliance violations.

Former Maine athletic director Blake James will become the acting AD at Miami, filling the role that Eichorst held for just under 18 months.

"I am deeply disappointed in Shawn's departure to the University of Nebraska as I thoroughly enjoyed working with him," Miami president Donna Shalala said in a statement. "We wish Shawn and his wonderful family the very best at their new post."

Eichorst's starting salary at Nebraska will be $973,000 annually, believed to be a significant raise over his Miami deal. As a private school, the Hurricanes typically do not release contract information.

At Nebraska, the 75-year-old Osborne -- one of college football's legendary coaches -- announced late last month that he will retire Jan. 1 after five years on the job. He'll become athletic director emeritus and stay involved in department operations through July 30 at Nebraska, where he won 255 games and 13 conference titles as football coach.

Eichorst will start at Nebraska on Oct. 9, first as a special assistant to chancellor Harvey Perlman, then assume Osborne's role on Jan. 1.
    more: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...eplace-osborne

vCash
    Big game this week, Michigan visits Lincoln for the first time in more than 100 years! Go Big Red!

vCash
    Some stats from the Michigan game, Huskers defense held Michigan to less than 100 yards rushing and passing, 188 total yards for Michigan. I wonder when the last time anyone did that to Michigan was? Nebraska joins Alabama as the only 2 teams to gain more than 100 yards rushing against the Michigan defense, RB Abdul Muhammed rushed for 101 of the Huskers 161 total.

Huskers have another tough game this week in East Lansing against a very stout Michigan State defense!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast