Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I bought 6 tickets to the Big 10 championship game (upper level seats). If Iowa doesn't make it, I have 6 to sell
    Hmm.

vCash
    You're not the only one that said Northwestern got away with holding. On the Hawkeye message board I visit, Nebraska fans were saying Northwestern got away with alot.
    But like I said, I didn't see the game, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. But it must be true since you said it and about 20 random message board posters said the same thing. It sucks...

The division is still up for grabs. Basically, if Nebraska, MSU, Iowa "win out", they are in the title game.
    Iowa plays MSU and Nebraska, so obviously all 3 teams can't win out. (I can see us winning at home against MSU, but sure the hell not on the road. We haven't won a road game all year lol. pathetic)

Next 3-4 weeks will be a fun one. I bought 6 tickets to the Big 10 championship game (upper level seats). If Iowa doesn't make it, I have 6 to sell
    MSU has the edge right now, it's a long shot for Nebraska to get there after losing their last "easy" game of the year. If Nebraska were to get there I'd be tempted to inquire about those tickets, except I have 3 research papers due in early December and 4 final exams in mid-December.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I wish I had been wrong. Our running game disappeared today. Taylor Martinez threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs and had no turnovers, hard to believe we lost. Rex Burkhead's fumble at the 3 yard line hurt. WR Onunwa's fumble at the 19 yard line also hurt. Only 2 penalties called on Northwestern today, they were holding all over the field but that's the way it goes.

Hope Iowa beats MSU next week.
    You're not the only one that said Northwestern got away with holding. On the Hawkeye message board I visit, Nebraska fans were saying Northwestern got away with alot.
    But like I said, I didn't see the game, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. But it must be true since you said it and about 20 random message board posters said the same thing. It sucks...

The division is still up for grabs. Basically, if Nebraska, MSU, Iowa "win out", they are in the title game.
    Iowa plays MSU and Nebraska, so obviously all 3 teams can't win out. (I can see us winning at home against MSU, but sure the hell not on the road. We haven't won a road game all year lol. pathetic)

Next 3-4 weeks will be a fun one. I bought 6 tickets to the Big 10 championship game (upper level seats). If Iowa doesn't make it, I have 6 to sell
    Welcome to the Big Ten. Personally I think they are the worst officials in CFB. I might be biased because I watch more Big Ten games than other conferences but I feel like I notice way more terrible calls with their officials. But as a Northwestern fan I'm cool with it this weekend.

vCash
    I sure wish we weren't playing Penn State this week of all weeks. I wonder if Joe will still be there Saturday? If so it will be his last home game as head coach for Penn State, their last two games are at Ohio State and Wisconsin. It's a lose-lose situation for Nebraska, if we win it's because of all the turmoil and if we lose we become part of the story. I'm not liking the way this one is setting up.

vCash
    Things have changed dramatically now, Joe Paterno is fired and there was a small riot last night. There are legitimate security concerns for this week's game for Nebraska's fans as well as players. I would hope nothing serious happens but I admit having concerns. It will be difficult for either team to focus on the game with all this turmoil surrounding it.

It remains a huge game for both teams, Huskers need it in order to hold on to any hopes of winning their division. Penn State has a 2 game lead in their division but this is their last home game with the next 2 games on the road against the teams that are 2 games behind them; Ohio State and Wisconsin.

vCash
    Cmon Huskers please beat Penn State

vCash
    I missed a lot of the first half because of a prior commitment I had this morning. I did get to see all 4 TDs, and loved seeing Nebraska run the ball on that vaunted Penn State defense! Nebraska may not make the conference title game this year but still has the potential to have a huge season if they win their next 2 games.

vCash
    Rumors are flying that the Fiesta Bowl is hoping to match up Nebraska with Oklahoma provided we take care of business. I am only two hours away from Tempe, I would definitely be in attendance for that if it happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Rumors are flying that the Fiesta Bowl is hoping to match up Nebraska with Oklahoma provided we take care of business. I am only two hours away from Tempe, I would definitely be in attendance for that if it happens!
    Big 10 needs 2 in the BCS games if Iowa wants to go south for a bowl game

However, I don't see the Big 10 getting 2 in this year.
    Sure hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    Big 10 needs 2 in the BCS games if Iowa wants to go south for a bowl game

However, I don't see the Big 10 getting 2 in this year.
    Sure hope I'm wrong.
    I think the BCS can select any team ranked in the top 12 of the BCS rankings. Nebraska could win out and miss the conference title game because of MSU, but we would likely be in that top 12. We are 16 as of now, but we still have to beat Michigan this week for it to become a real possibility. Iowa is still in the way as well, one game at a time!

vCash
    Week 12 might be a snoozer in many parts of the country, but in the Cornhusker State, they're wide awake.

Their beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers still have plenty at stake, beginning Saturday at No. 18 Michigan.

After surviving an awkward week as "Penn State's opponent," the 16th-rated Huskers have reclaimed the spotlight all for themselves. There's no need to downplay what's on the table for coach Bo Pelini and his team Saturday at the Big House.

1. Legends division livelihood

Nebraska can prolong the Legends division race to the final weekend of the regular-season if it knocks off Michigan. A Huskers win would prevent No. 15 Michigan State from clinching the division title even if it takes care of Indiana at Spartan Stadium. If the Huskers lose to Michigan and Michigan State beats Indiana, it's all over. The Spartans would go to Indy.

By beating Michigan, Nebraska would put itself in position to turn up the heat on Michigan State in Week 13 even if the Spartans also win Saturday. Nebraska's regular-season finale takes place on Black Friday against Iowa. A Huskers win would force Michigan State to beat Northwestern the following day in Evanston to win the division. As Nebraska found out Nov. 5, Northwestern is playing much better as of late.

"We have a lot to play for," Pelini said Monday.

2. BCS at-large livelihood

Even if Nebraska falls short in the division, it can stay alive for a possible BCS at-large berth by beating Michigan. If the Huskers sweep Michigan and Iowa to finish the season at 10-2, they would be in the running for an at-large berth. While Big Red didn't have the season some expected, it would finish on a three-game win streak that includes wins in both State College and Ann Arbor.

A third loss likely would remove Nebraska from both the division race and from the BCS bowl picture entirely.

Beating Michigan takes on added importance because the Wolverines are in a similar position, needing help in the division but eying a possible BCS at-large berth. Michigan also can finish the regular season at 10-2 if it knocks off both Nebraska and archrival Ohio State, a team it hasn't beaten since 2003. Wolverines fans are itching to travel to one of the big bowls, and Michigan would be an enticing option. Nebraska can make that dream go away Saturday.

3. Big Ten respect

Nebraska might not win the Big Ten title in its first year as a league member. But after a very shaky start in its new league, the Huskers can finish on a strong note.

Much was made about Nebraska's first Big Ten schedule, which featured division crossover games against Wisconsin, Ohio State and Penn State, and road trips to Madison, State College and Ann Arbor. Most teams that must visit Camp Randall Stadium, Beaver Stadium and Michigan Stadium in the same season would gladly take a 2-1 mark.

If the Huskers win Saturday, they'll finish the stretch at 2-1 and show they can perform on the Big Ten's biggest stages.

"When our schedule came out these were the two games I was most excited for," safety Austin Cassidy said of the trips to both Penn State and to Michigan. "To have these two back-to-back, it's definitely a challenge. I think this team, coach Bo, is all about taking a challenge in stride and really pushing and testing yourself.

"It's going to be fun."

Week 12 will be a fun week for Nebraska. And a very meaningful one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...rs-to-nebraska

vCash
    After the poorest performance of the year, especially from the special teams, it's time to focus on Senior Day in Lincoln on Friday against Iowa. This will be the last time Rex Burkhead gets to play in front of the home town fans, he will be hungry so they need to feed him the ball early and often! It will also be the last time we get to see LaVonte David making plays all of the field. A trip to Florida is the likely prize for the winner of this one and a possible trip to either Dallas or Tempe is the consolation prize for the loser. Let's Go Huskers!

vCash
    Nebraska's defense pretty much dominated Iowa and held them scoreless until late in the game. Huskers win the initial game of their new season ending rivalry game with Iowa by a score of 20-7.

The big question now is which bowl game will Nebraska end up in and who will they face? The possibilities appear to be the Champs Bowl or Outback Bowl which both feature Big Ten-SEC matchups, Gator Bowl against an ACC team, and the Insight Bowl against a Big 12 team. Hopefully we will have an answer after tomorrow's games.

vCash
    It looks like Huskers defensive coordinator Carl Pelini maybe leaving to become head coach at Florida Atlantic.

http://bigrednetwork.com/story/buzz_...rida_atlantic/

vCash
    With Bo's bro heading to Florida Atlantic, rumors are heating up about who might replace him. Could Bo's old buddy from the same hometown, Mike Stoops, possibly be a candidate? Apparently he is interested.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...ct_for_bo.html
    Last edited by desertrat218; 12-02-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast