Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Now we get into the meat of the schedule. 3 of the next 4 opponents have 6-1 records and are ranked. Michigan State is coming in fresh off their dramatic win over Wisconsin. The opening line shows Nebraska favored by 4.5, about 2-3 points higher than I was expecting it to be. Anyone have any thoughts?

vCash
    TMart gave quite the press conference: http://tinyurl.com/6c6gkwj

Hopefully things don't get too "windy" for him on Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils05 View Post
    TMart gave quite the press conference: http://tinyurl.com/6c6gkwj

Hopefully things don't get too "windy" for him on Saturday
    You probably never been to Nebraska! It's always windy!

vCash
    So in other words Martinez is screwed? Great

vCash
    So in other words Martinez is screwed? Great
    We'll see about that! He's 16-5 in his career starts, 10-1 in Lincoln.....and he's still just a sophomore!

vCash
    Haha only reason I mentioned it was because he said the only way we stopped Denard was due to the wind.

vCash
    Haha only reason I mentioned it was because he said the only way we stopped Denard was due to the wind.
    I know, but he was referring to the way the wind eliminated the passing game. It was an extraordinarily windy day in East Lansing. Nebraska relies on the running game first and passes when the defense tries to cheat by crowding the box. I look forward to watching this game, Huskers have some serious speed among their underclassmen who are just starting to emerge.

vCash
    Less than 12 hours to kickoff! Huskers must win this game against Michigan State if they want to have a shot at making the Big Ten title game.
    Go Big Red!

vCash
    After hearing all week about how physical the Spartans defense is, the Huskers defense was the more dominant unit today. MSU managed a total of 187 yards on offense and Husker RB Rex Burkhead rushed for 130 yards and 2 TDs plus had a 27 yard TD reception! Rex Burkhead for Heisman!

vCash
    Northwestern racked up 59 points and 616 yards of offense last week as they snapped a 5 game losing streak, granted it was Indiana but those are still some pretty big numbers. The Blackshirts are coming off their best effort of the season as well after holding Michigan State to just 187 total yards and 3 points. This game feels like it might be a trap game for Nebraska who could be looking ahead to Penn State and Michigan road games coming the next 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    This game feels like it might be a trap game for Nebraska who could be looking ahead to Penn State and Michigan road games coming the next 2 weeks.
    Works for me

vCash
    It'll feel like they're still in the Big 12 when a 6 foot white guy throws 50 times against them.

vCash
    This game feels like it might be a trap game for Nebraska who could be looking ahead to Penn State and Michigan road games coming the next 2 weeks.
    Didn't catch much of the game, just the last 5 minutes.
    Looks like you called it though.

I don't know why ANY team would look ahead, but it happens every year.
    Gotta win 1 game at a time

Iowa loses to freakin' Minnesota, beats Michigan.
    Nebraska beats MSU, then looks completely different against Northwestern.
    Makes no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Didn't catch much of the game, just the last 5 minutes.
    Looks like you called it though.

I don't know why ANY team would look ahead, but it happens every year.
    Gotta win 1 game at a time

Iowa loses to freakin' Minnesota, beats Michigan.
    Nebraska beats MSU, then looks completely different against Northwestern.
    Makes no sense.
    I wish I had been wrong. Our running game disappeared today. Taylor Martinez threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs and had no turnovers, hard to believe we lost. Rex Burkhead's fumble at the 3 yard line hurt. WR Onunwa's fumble at the 19 yard line also hurt. Only 2 penalties called on Northwestern today, they were holding all over the field but that's the way it goes.

Hope Iowa beats MSU next week.

vCash
    I wish I had been wrong. Our running game disappeared today. Taylor Martinez threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs and had no turnovers, hard to believe we lost. Rex Burkhead's fumble at the 3 yard line hurt. WR Onunwa's fumble at the 19 yard line also hurt. Only 2 penalties called on Northwestern today, they were holding all over the field but that's the way it goes.

Hope Iowa beats MSU next week.
    You're not the only one that said Northwestern got away with holding. On the Hawkeye message board I visit, Nebraska fans were saying Northwestern got away with alot.
    But like I said, I didn't see the game, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. But it must be true since you said it and about 20 random message board posters said the same thing. It sucks...

The division is still up for grabs. Basically, if Nebraska, MSU, Iowa "win out", they are in the title game.
    Iowa plays MSU and Nebraska, so obviously all 3 teams can't win out. (I can see us winning at home against MSU, but sure the hell not on the road. We haven't won a road game all year lol. pathetic)

Next 3-4 weeks will be a fun one. I bought 6 tickets to the Big 10 championship game (upper level seats). If Iowa doesn't make it, I have 6 to sell

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast