Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nebraska Cornhuskers thread

Hello everyone, Nebraska has a new home in the Big Ten and we look forward to our future with our new family.

Underway at this moment is the Big Ten Network welcoming of the Cornhuskers into the conference by dedicating the next 3 days of programming to Nebraska's 5 national championship seasons, 43 conference championships, 3 heisman trophy winners, and 9 outland trophy award winners.

If there are any other Husker fans here introduce yourself, and any fans of other Big Ten teams also feel free to introduce yourself.

2012 Nebraska Football Schedule:

Sat, Sep 01 Southern Miss Memorial Stadium 2:30 p.m. ABC Regional (ESPN2 outside region)
    Sat, Sep 08 UCLA at Pasadena, Calif. TBA
    Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas State Memorial Stadium 11 a.m. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU
    Sat, Sep 22 Idaho State Memorial Stadium TBA
    Sat, Sep 29 Wisconsin (HC) * Memorial Stadium 7 p.m. ABC
    Sat, Oct 06 Ohio State * at Columbus, Ohio 7 p.m. ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
    Sat, Oct 20 Northwestern * at Evanston, Ill. TBA
    Sat, Oct 27 Michigan * Memorial Stadium 7 p.m. ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
    Sat, Nov 03 Michigan State * at East Lansing, Mich. TBA
    Sat, Nov 10 Penn State * Memorial Stadium TBA
    Sat, Nov 17 Minnesota * Memorial Stadium TBA
    Fri, Nov 23 Iowa * at Iowa City, Iowa 11 a.m. ABC
    * Conference Games

2011 Schedule:all times EST
    Sat, Sept 3 vs Chattanooga 3:30pm Huskers 40-7
    Sat, Sept 10 vs Fresno State 7pm Huskers 42-29
    Sat, Sept 17 vs Washington 3:30pm Huskers 51-38
    Sat, Sept 24 at Wyoming 7:30pm Huskers 38-14
    Sat, Oct 1 at Wisconsin 8pm Badgers 48-17
    Sat, Oct 8 vs Ohio State 8pm Huskers 34-27
    Sat, Oct 22 at Minnesota 3:30pm Huskers 41-14
    Sat, Oct 29 vs Michigan State TBA Huskers 24-3
    Sat, Nov 5 vs Northwestern TBA Wildcats 28-25
    Sat, Nov 12 at Penn State TBA Huskers 17-14
    Sat, Nov 19 at Michigan TBA Wolverines 45-17
    Fri, Nov 25 vs Iowa noon Huskers 20-7
    Capitol One Bowl
    Mon, Jan 2 vs South Carolina Cocks 30-13
    Last edited by desertrat218; 06-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.

vCash
    Top 10 Husker QBs of all time? Here's my list:
    1) Tommie Frazier: 33-3 record as a starter with 2 National Championships
    2) Jerry Tagge: 24-0-1 record as a starter with 2 national championships
    3) Turner Gill: 28-2 record as a starter, both losses cost the Huskers a national championship
    4) Scott Frost: 24-2 record as a starter with 1 national championship
    5) Eric Crouch: 35-7 record as a starter, won heisman trophy but lost BCS Title game, also led team to Fiesta, Alamo, and Holiday Bowls
    6) Steve Taylor: 31-6 record as a starter, led Huskers to to Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Orange bowl in his career
    7) David Humm: 27-7-2 record as a starter, led Huskers to wins in the Orange, Sugar, and Cotton bowl
    8) Vince Ferragamo: 19-4-1 record as a starter, later led the LA Rams to Super Bowl
    9) Bob Churchich: 28-5 record as a starter, led Huskers to Sugar Bowl twice and an Orange Bowl
    10 tie) Joe Gansz: 9-4 record as a starter, led Huskers to Gator bowl win, holds all Husker single season passing records
    10 tie) Brook Berringer: 7-0 record as a starter, instrumental in the 1994 championship seasons when he started for an injured Tommie Frazier.
    Last edited by desertrat218; 07-02-2011 at 01:46 AM.

vCash
    8 more weeks until the kickoff! Kickoff time for the home opener against Chattanooga is for 2:30pm CST.

vCash

Osborne open to Nebraska playing game in KC

By BLAIR KERKHOFF

The Kansas City Star

Nebraska has said goodbye to the Big 12, but athletic director Tom Osborne hopes not to Kansas City.

“I don’t know how Kansas City views us, but we’ve had a lot of good memories here, and there’s a lot of Nebraska fans here,” Osborne said.

Osborne wouldn’t rule out the possibility of having Nebraska meet Big 12 teams as non-conference opponents in the future. The Cornhuskers and Oklahoma have discussed a future series.

In 1998, Nebraska played in the first Division I-A game at Arrowhead, as the visiting team against Oklahoma State, and Osborne said the Huskers would consider a similar arrangement, playing as a visiting team in Kansas City.

“Anything is possible,” Osborne said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/14...#ixzz1SEZoNTFi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    By BLAIR KERKHOFF

The Kansas City Star

Nebraska has said goodbye to the Big 12, but athletic director Tom Osborne hopes not to Kansas City.

“I don’t know how Kansas City views us, but we’ve had a lot of good memories here, and there’s a lot of Nebraska fans here,” Osborne said.

Osborne wouldn’t rule out the possibility of having Nebraska meet Big 12 teams as non-conference opponents in the future. The Cornhuskers and Oklahoma have discussed a future series.

In 1998, Nebraska played in the first Division I-A game at Arrowhead, as the visiting team against Oklahoma State, and Osborne said the Huskers would consider a similar arrangement, playing as a visiting team in Kansas City.

“Anything is possible,” Osborne said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/14...#ixzz1SEZoNTFi
    I'm hoping this happens and I'd love to play teams like Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, or Kansas State there. Guaranteed sellout and playing those teams has been a long time tradition. While Nebraska does gain a lot by moving to the Big Ten, we did give up long standing rivalries. The last time Nebraska did not play Kansas was 1905, their first game was in 1892....117 games in all. Nebraska had a trophy rivalry with Missouri that began in 1892 and they have played 104 times. Also 105 games with Iowa State, 95 with Kansas State, and 86 games with Oklahoma. That is a lot of history and tradition to just walk away from, but Texas left us no choice.

vCash
    Projected 2-deep depth charts for the opener on Sept 3rd against Chattanooga:

defense and special teams:
    http://huskersgameday.com/2011/04/27...-teams-2-deep/

offense: http://huskersgameday.com/2011/04/26...ensive-2-deep/
    Last edited by desertrat218; 07-19-2011 at 09:39 PM.

vCash

Big Ten primer for Big Red

Hello, Nebraska!

Now that you're joining the 12-team Big Ten, nothing is going to make sense anymore. I know it doesn't for me. Growing up as a Colorado Buffs fan, we were taught that if Nebraska was playing Libya, we should be there with a giant poster of Moammar Gaddafi.

So why do we feel this weird need to help you switch over?

Because your state gave us Johnny Carson and Larry the Cable Guy. Besides, you kicked our butts to the state line every year and we're frankly glad to see you go.

You are joining one of the great football traditions in America, a fabric woven with sturdy football, passionate fans and the time-honored institution of selling your jerseys for tattoos.

So here you go, Nebraska. Let us help you get the lay of the Heartland.

For the rest: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6...big-ten-primer

vCash
    Game day tomorrow

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    The secondary showed reasons for concern, hopefully this is solved by the return of Alfonzo Dennard. The run defense will likely face a stiffer test from Fresno State. I didn't really like a lot of what I saw from the offense under Taylor Martinez, it looked a lot like last year before he was banged up. My biggest concern is that the running backs need to carry the ball much more than they did in week 1, Martinez had 19 carries out of 43 total for the team with no RB getting even a dozen carries and only one with more than 4 carries. The receiving corps looks deep and exciting, Jamaal Turner showed a flash of brilliance in his limited playing time and Ununwa pulled in several tough catches.

Fresno State is next, a 36-21 loser to Cal in their opener. Fresno did not generate much offense, just over 200 yards total and 1 of their TDs was scored by the defense. However, Fresno has been known to surprise higher ranked teams from time to time so you don't want to overlook them.

vCash
    Fresno State played hard and were not at all intimidated by the Cornhuskers but eventually Nebraska pulled away for a 42-29 win. The Huskers defense was like swiss cheese today, all full of holes. Fortunately Taylor Martinez made some huge plays with his arm as well as his legs and Husker freshman WRs Jamall Turner and Kenny Bell both made big plays and tremendous potential. The special teams gave up a punt return TD but also scored on a 100 yard kickoff return from Ameer Abdullah. The huskers have a lot of room for improvement but they are also a very young team, the future looks bright!

vCash
    Toughest game of the year to date coming up with Washington coming in to Lincoln. These two played twice last year with Nebraska winning the first game in Seattle 56-21 and Washington winning the 2nd game in the Holiday Bowl 19-7. A few things have changed from last year, mainly there will be no Jake Locker this year.

Nebraska defense has not looked particularly impressive in the early going this year but by the same token, they have only shown basic sets without any stunts or blitzes. They have not blitzed once in the first two games. Expect that to change this week, Washington is too good to allow them to know what you're going to do on ever play defensively and even Fresno State showed that if you know there isn't going to be a blitz you can pick apart the defense. Expect to see more of the defense that was hyped in the preseason as possibly one of the best in the nation.

vCash
    I'm hearing rumors Nebraska may be wearing these hideous helmets tomorrow.

vCash
    I usually root for the Pac-12 in non-conference games, but I hope Nebraska crushes the Huskies. That Holiday Bowl was such a fluke...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I usually root for the Pac-12 in non-conference games, but I hope Nebraska crushes the Huskies. That Holiday Bowl was such a fluke...
    It sure was (Incase you didn't know i was being sarcastic.)

We may lose this game but were not going to get crushed.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Ok nevermind we will get blown out i knew we were playing Nebraska but not the big cheat Refs'.

Just about that action boss.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast