Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Richards to hawks?

I know it isn't exactly believeable but with this mad off season so far could it happen?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richa...tion/131/36765

Not solid by any means i'm just dangling the idea yes potential campbell style contract but worth it?

Thoughts? I know there probably has been a thread just found this though.

vCash
    I'd really be happy if they could sign him to a reasonable deal, tomorrow is going to be exciting when all this can go down!
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    to be honest, I'd love for the Hawks to nab richards if the money was right. With a half decent cap hit I believe it would be a great move for the organization because it would give us a true powerplay quarterback. Like it or not if he's healthy Richards will put up 85-90 pts with ease and who knows it could be more with the weapons he would be surrounded with on the Hawks.

Most of all though I just want Stan Bowman to do whatever he can to make this team better. That cup could have been ours again this year.

vCash
    With the right role players we're a force, with another proven scorer that can set up Hoss or just be another threat for a top line of terror we are devastating.

The worst part is that I'm moving to Kentucky and not sure how many games I'll even get. NHL season ticket will be getting my money I guess.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Richards would have to take a big pay cut. Could easily get big money in several places, but if he wants to finally be on a Cup-contender in the latter part of his career, the Hawks would love to grant his request if he comes with a small discount.

Cloutier however doesn't usually come through on his ideas/rumors.

vCash

Hmmmmmm......

As we have seen....anything goes this off season. Players realize that they only have so many years/shots at winning a cup. We have the talent and the money to lure Richards here, if the deal is workable. I dont want to cripple our cap money just for him. We still need some bangers on the 4th line to balance the team out. There is still the buzz out there that the Hawks have something big brewing.... dont know but I cannot wait until tomorrow... Bottom line.. I have never had more fun during an off season. A re-tooled, re-charged, hungry, angry Hawks team will be headed for Dallas opening night...

vCash
    If Richards would sign with us he would obviously have to take less than he would normally get. I hope he does come here though because I know he finally wants to win the cup and he would be a great addition to this team

vCash
    Trying to think of contenders that will legitimately go after Richards aggressively and can't think of too many. Biggest suitors financially will be the Rangers and Leafs and then everyone else is second tier monetarily speaking but I can only think of the Hawks and Flyers as the only contenders on the list. I'm sure there are more and I'm just not thinking of them....

Bring the 2010 Cup trophy and $6.5 million per season deal to the meeting with his agent and see what happens

vCash
    Personally I would love this, especially if we can get him at a discounted rate. I think a guy like Richards would be open to taking a pay cut if it meant a chance to bring home the Cup. If we could get him for 6-6.5 mil per for a shorter deal, he would be well worth it. He is open to a 5 year 35 million deal according to the latest reports.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    Personally I would love this, especially if we can get him at a discounted rate. I think a guy like Richards would be open to taking a pay cut if it meant a chance to bring home the Cup. If we could get him for 6-6.5 mil per for a shorter deal, he would be well worth it. He is open to a 5 year 35 million deal according to the latest reports.
    The Hawks have had a knack for the dramatic this time of year. In 2009, Tallon signed Hossa but effed up Versteeg and the other RFA's. Came out ok though in the end. Then, in 2010, Bowman was forced to purge the champs to keep under the cap.

Now, maybe Richards may not end up here, but something big seems to be brewing ever since they traded for Monty. Lots of questions and possible scenarios. I hope it is Richards coming over at a discount to contend for a Cup. We're a lot closer to it than the Rangers or Leafs, whom are supposedly his highest suitors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    The Hawks have had a knack for the dramatic this time of year. In 2009, Tallon signed Hossa but effed up Versteeg and the other RFA's. Came out ok though in the end. Then, in 2010, Bowman was forced to purge the champs to keep under the cap.

Now, maybe Richards may not end up here, but something big seems to be brewing ever since they traded for Monty. Lots of questions and possible scenarios. I hope it is Richards coming over at a discount to contend for a Cup. We're a lot closer to it than the Rangers or Leafs, whom are supposedly his highest suitors.
    your like the tenth person (at least) ive seen write that either in here or on twitter etc.

So with everyone saying there must be something big brewing [trade/signing(s)] what do u think 'BIG' is gonna happen..

Because i cant think of something very big outside of a trade to get Parise [which i would LOVE] or signing richards..just a question if u got any other ideas hawks might be tryna do
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    your like the tenth person (at least) ive seen write that either in here or on twitter etc.

So with everyone saying there must be something big brewing [trade/signing(s)] what do u think 'BIG' is gonna happen..

Because i cant think of something very big outside of a trade to get Parise [which i would LOVE] or signing richards..just a question if u got any other ideas hawks might be tryna do
    Several other scenarios are out there and have been discussed since the Monty trade/signing. The most notable scenario that floated around some sites today was due to Monty's contract size and how much Tampa is going to have to pony up to land Stamkos. Eklund claims he heard the Lightning are looking to trade rights for rights, meaning RFA for RFA, and the Hawks/Leafs were listed as partners with Tampa looking to move Purcell as a cap victim.

In other words, Campoli for Purcell and we sign another capable but inexpensive d-man, enter Sopel.

vCash
    I still think an offer sheet to someone like Dubinsky is a possibility of something big out there.

Rangers want to clear space for Richards. Blackhawks have all their original draft picks and it wouldn't hurt their prospect pool that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Several other scenarios are out there and have been discussed since the Monty trade/signing. The most notable scenario that floated around some sites today was due to Monty's contract size and how much Tampa is going to have to pony up to land Stamkos. Eklund claims he heard the Lightning are looking to trade rights for rights, meaning RFA for RFA, and the Hawks/Leafs were listed as partners with Tampa looking to move Purcell as a cap victim.

In other words, Campoli for Purcell and we sign another capable but inexpensive d-man, enter Sopel.
    IF the hawks did that i would be absolutely thrilled

what are some of the sites u are hearing these rumors from?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I still think an offer sheet to someone like Dubinsky is a possibility of something big out there.

Rangers want to clear space for Richards. Blackhawks have all their original draft picks and it wouldn't hurt their prospect pool that much.
    thats what i heard on NHL Network, and if Rangers want to sign Richards they wont be able to resign one of Callahan or Dubinsky..i'd gladly take either on the Hawks
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast