Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

TJ Oshie on the trade block??

Just saw a story up on ESPN NHL news that the Blues are shopping Oshie in a trade? Dont have the link attached..sorry. Interesting story. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Oshie is a fire ball. He would fit in perfectly as the #2 or #3 If they move Bolland up. Would say Im surprised.. but after the insane trades the Flyers just made... anything goes. We would have to really give the Blues a deal because I doubt they want to see TJ wearing the war feathers 6 times a year... This is great... it just gets better and better. The Hawks are working on a big trade.. maybe this is it. I have heard Oshie mentioned with the Hawks before.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Just saw a story up on ESPN NHL news that the Blues are shopping Oshie in a trade? Dont have the link attached..sorry. Interesting story. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Oshie is a fire ball. He would fit in perfectly as the #2 or #3 If they move Bolland up. Would say Im surprised.. but after the insane trades the Flyers just made... anything goes. We would have to really give the Blues a deal because I doubt they want to see TJ wearing the war feathers 6 times a year... This is great... it just gets better and better. The Hawks are working on a big trade.. maybe this is it. I have heard Oshie mentioned with the Hawks before.......
    Oshie is a RFA with the Blues until the 1st, so they're looking to trade his rights. Doesn't make sense thought, he a star on their team and they're more than $7 million under the salary floor. Would love it but can't see it happening, and the Blues are stupid if they let him go.

vCash
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch is saying things are moving well in his contract talks: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...a4bcf6878.html

However that same article suggests they're not yet close.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Oshie is a RFA with the Blues until the 1st, so they're looking to trade his rights. Doesn't make sense thought, he a star on their team and they're more than $7 million under the salary floor. Would love it but can't see it happening, and the Blues are stupid if they let him go.
    How dumb are the flyers for dumping the core of their team... Its 2011.. Stupid is in... Maybe Oshie wants out to play for a contender... in any event, this story just added a whole lot more spice to the free agency market...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    How dumb are the flyers for dumping the core of their team... Its 2011.. Stupid is in... Maybe Oshie wants out to play for a contender... in any event, this story just added a whole lot more spice to the free agency market...
    Yes, they're really stupid for trading Carter and Richards and now having incredible depth because of it, in addition to the cap flexibility to add more players and sign arguably a top 5 goalie
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 06-30-2011 at 02:31 AM.

vCash
    Blues resigned TJ Oshie to a one year deal, thus this thread can be closed.

vCash