Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What Free Agents Will Montreal Sign

I think they need a back up goalie since Alex Auld only signed a one year contract and it doesnt look like he is going to resign so maybe a good back up goalie like Josh Harding or Pascal Leclaire or Cedrick Desjardins or Johan Hedberg or Brain Boucher

vCash
    I like the though of picking up hedburg he would be a great back up to carey and releive some of the workload for him.
    Id also like to see big brusing d-man and Big play maker up the middle

vCash
    I think the defensmen that Montreal would be best to sign is Brain Mccabe or Ed Jovanovski would be great and the forword would be someone like Ville Leino or Tim Connolly

vCash
    Not a bad signing by Montreal......Eric Cole for 4yrs/$18M .....he's a little bigger than most on the team, and can score.

They still are a little light on the blueline, so I'm guessing they are looking at some D-men....

vCash
    Good signing by MTL.....Cole was a guy i wanted the Bruins to get in on but they sat on their thumbs the whole day -___-

vCash
    Habs will be better this year than last, with Cole, although not a star, adds to the balanced lineup they will have.

Cammy-Pleks-Cole
    Pacs-Gomez-Gionta
    AK-Eller-Moen
    White-Deshanais-Ian Schultz

Subban-Gill
    Markov-Emelin
    Gorges-Weber

All the lines have some size, speed, more grit. The D has a offense and defense on each pair.

Looking forward to October.

vCash
    Oh yeah, hopefully Spazchek takes a hike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysHabs View Post
    Oh yeah, hopefully Spazchek takes a hike
    I don't think there were any plans to have him return.

vCash
    He does have one year left at 3.8 million. But I think at best they will have him as #7, which is 3 spots too high for my liking.

vCash

Lol guys

Guys, Spacek isn't going anywhere unfortunately and at 3.8 million will definitely play.

The pairings will look like this:

Markov - Gorges
    Subban - Gill
    Spacek - Emelin (sp? yemelin?)

7th - Webber
    8th - Diaz

We're done defensively unless there is something seriously wrong with gorges knee. I am worried about that now being that no deal has been inked and he's an RFA. If his knee isn't healing well, he could want longer term and the habs might be worried about it and not signing.

This will be a great defense and I see us riding the top two pairings mainly.

No way is Gorges on the third pairing unless Emelin stuns everyone, and then it would be Gill on the 3rd before Gorges.

vCash
    I'm pretty excited about Emelin. If I was PG I would bury Spaz in the minors even at 3.8, he is a liability every time. If he doesnt play against the Booins in the 1st round, the Habs win. Although the Habs win if Pax, Gorg, and Markov where healthy as well. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, but really, through SPaz in the press box

vCash
    I'm pretty excited about Emelin. If I was PG I would bury Spaz in the minors even at 3.8, he is a liability every time. If he doesnt play against the Booins in the 1st round, the Habs win. Although the Habs win if Pax, Gorg, and Markov where healthy as well. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, but really, through SPaz in the press box
    Yeah if we could of dumped him somehow it would of been perfect. Hell I'd give hammer the 2 years, 7 million to get rid of spacek.

vCash
    He does have one year left at 3.8 million. But I think at best they will have him as #7, which is 3 spots too high for my liking.
    I actually thought his contract had played thru, but at $3.8M , yeah, he's going to play.

vCash
    How much cap room do the Habs have left? I can't imagine it being a whole lot.......

vCash
    Close to 4 million I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast