Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3156 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 215626563056310631463154315531563157315831663206325636564156 ... LastLast
Results 47,326 to 47,340 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Way overpaid...That's just absurd money for Kopecky.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Two thoughts merged in written form. Was talking to my brother about Kopecky and writing about Matador on here. LOL! anyway yeah I still feel we overpaid for Matador but if he can come in and play well I guess it will be fine.

I really like this a lot. He gives us a great back end D-Man to pair with Campoli and PK. It also allows us the flexibility to deal Campoli if his asking price is too high. I don't mind paying him roughly 2.75 per, as he blocks shots like a mad man and is solid on the PK unit.

Personally I would love this, especially if we can get him at a discounted rate. I think a guy like Richards would be open to taking a pay cut if it meant a chance to bring home the Cup. If we could get him for 6-6.5 mil per for a shorter deal, he would be well worth it. He is open to a 5 year 35 million deal according to the latest reports.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    Personally I would love this, especially if we can get him at a discounted rate. I think a guy like Richards would be open to taking a pay cut if it meant a chance to bring home the Cup. If we could get him for 6-6.5 mil per for a shorter deal, he would be well worth it. He is open to a 5 year 35 million deal according to the latest reports.
    The Hawks have had a knack for the dramatic this time of year. In 2009, Tallon signed Hossa but effed up Versteeg and the other RFA's. Came out ok though in the end. Then, in 2010, Bowman was forced to purge the champs to keep under the cap.

Now, maybe Richards may not end up here, but something big seems to be brewing ever since they traded for Monty. Lots of questions and possible scenarios. I hope it is Richards coming over at a discount to contend for a Cup. We're a lot closer to it than the Rangers or Leafs, whom are supposedly his highest suitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    The Hawks have had a knack for the dramatic this time of year. In 2009, Tallon signed Hossa but effed up Versteeg and the other RFA's. Came out ok though in the end. Then, in 2010, Bowman was forced to purge the champs to keep under the cap.

Now, maybe Richards may not end up here, but something big seems to be brewing ever since they traded for Monty. Lots of questions and possible scenarios. I hope it is Richards coming over at a discount to contend for a Cup. We're a lot closer to it than the Rangers or Leafs, whom are supposedly his highest suitors.
    your like the tenth person (at least) ive seen write that either in here or on twitter etc.

So with everyone saying there must be something big brewing [trade/signing(s)] what do u think 'BIG' is gonna happen..

Because i cant think of something very big outside of a trade to get Parise [which i would LOVE] or signing richards..just a question if u got any other ideas hawks might be tryna do
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    your like the tenth person (at least) ive seen write that either in here or on twitter etc.

So with everyone saying there must be something big brewing [trade/signing(s)] what do u think 'BIG' is gonna happen..

Because i cant think of something very big outside of a trade to get Parise [which i would LOVE] or signing richards..just a question if u got any other ideas hawks might be tryna do
    Several other scenarios are out there and have been discussed since the Monty trade/signing. The most notable scenario that floated around some sites today was due to Monty's contract size and how much Tampa is going to have to pony up to land Stamkos. Eklund claims he heard the Lightning are looking to trade rights for rights, meaning RFA for RFA, and the Hawks/Leafs were listed as partners with Tampa looking to move Purcell as a cap victim.

In other words, Campoli for Purcell and we sign another capable but inexpensive d-man, enter Sopel.

I still think an offer sheet to someone like Dubinsky is a possibility of something big out there.

Rangers want to clear space for Richards. Blackhawks have all their original draft picks and it wouldn't hurt their prospect pool that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Several other scenarios are out there and have been discussed since the Monty trade/signing. The most notable scenario that floated around some sites today was due to Monty's contract size and how much Tampa is going to have to pony up to land Stamkos. Eklund claims he heard the Lightning are looking to trade rights for rights, meaning RFA for RFA, and the Hawks/Leafs were listed as partners with Tampa looking to move Purcell as a cap victim.

In other words, Campoli for Purcell and we sign another capable but inexpensive d-man, enter Sopel.
    IF the hawks did that i would be absolutely thrilled

what are some of the sites u are hearing these rumors from?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I still think an offer sheet to someone like Dubinsky is a possibility of something big out there.

Rangers want to clear space for Richards. Blackhawks have all their original draft picks and it wouldn't hurt their prospect pool that much.
    thats what i heard on NHL Network, and if Rangers want to sign Richards they wont be able to resign one of Callahan or Dubinsky..i'd gladly take either on the Hawks
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

thats what i heard on NHL Network, and if Rangers want to sign Richards they wont be able to resign one of Callahan or Dubinsky..i'd gladly take either on the Hawks
    Richards simply has to make a choice, money or title shot.

Tim Sassone had someone tweet that the Sabres are supposedly/possibly going to make an offer of 8 years at 60Mil, extremely front loaded, to Richards.

Tim Sassone had someone tweet that the Sabres are supposedly/possibly going to make an offer of 8 years at 60Mil, extremely front loaded, to Richards.
    thats insane, he wont accept it
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

thats insane, he wont accept it
    Why wouldn't he accept it?

The Sabres are definitely a playoff team. They were a playoff team last year and they have added Regher and Ehrhoff already this summer. If that deal is true (it could be, the Sabres are spending money big time) than I could see him accepting it.

Why wouldn't he accept it?

The Sabres are definitely a playoff team. They were a playoff team last year and they have added Regher and Ehrhoff already this summer. If that deal is true (it could be, the Sabres are spending money big time) than I could see him accepting it.
    they arent gonna win the cup, i can promise you that
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began