Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Cam Barker

vCash

Cam Barker

Apparently the wild have put him on waivers, I really really hope that the Jets claim him! Especially if Bogosian isn't wanting to be a Jet then we can deal him for some help up front maybe go after Cody Hodgson, but you have to know Barker would love to play for his home team and i think hes good friends with Buff.

vCash
    Another former Blackhawk.

So much potential for this guy, all the talent in the world...just never quite reached it. The astounding thing is the kid is still only 25 years old, and to watch him play, you can quite visibly see the tremendous talent he has. It's just not consistent enough.

All that said, for the right price he could definitely be a contributor to this team. And the hometown boy angle would make him a fan favorite instantly. I say pull the trigger if he can be had.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Ya we have allot of Hawks and i don't see that changing anytime soon which is ok since they have been a contender for a while now. I think him playing at home might really light a fire under him and help him reach his potential.

vCash
    I'd give him 2 or 2.5 max

vCash
    Usally I'd say no, but Cam Barker would actually be a good fit here. He's got some years expierence, and has tons of potential. He's lacking something that would put him up a higher level in the NHL, but I think this guy would be worth taking a chance on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Usally I'd say no, but Cam Barker would actually be a good fit here. He's got some years expierence, and has tons of potential. He's lacking something that would put him up a higher level in the NHL, but I think this guy would be worth taking a chance on.
    Consistency.

He absolutely could be a perennial All-Star in this league if he managed to put together an entire season at his maximum capability. If you watch him enough, you'll see. The skillset is most definitely there.

That said, I agree with Flakey my max would probably be 2.5 on him. I think he might be able to be had for 2.0 or maybe even just under, though - for that same reason, a lack of identifiable consistency, something an agent can point to and say "Here's why he's worth 3+"

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Consistency.

He absolutely could be a perennial All-Star in this league if he managed to put together an entire season at his maximum capability. If you watch him enough, you'll see. The skillset is most definitely there.

That said, I agree with Flakey my max would probably be 2.5 on him. I think he might be able to be had for 2.0 or maybe even just under, though - for that same reason, a lack of identifiable consistency, something an agent can point to and say "Here's why he's worth 3+"
    It's that, but alot of it is just 'consistent' little mistakes which is costing him. I seen him turnover the puck numerous times this season, and many times with those Hawks.