Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brouwer upset after being traded

According to Troy Brouwer, who Chicago recently traded to Washington, some of the current Blackhawks players are frustrated with Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman's decisions.
    "I kind of thought they would make more of an effort to try and keep the team together, but obviously thatís not the case," Brouwer said. "And Iíve talked to a couple of guys on the Blackhawks currently that are a little frustrated with how everything is going. But thatís the direction that the team is going in right now and (general manager Stan Bowman) is going to do what is best for his hockey club." Chicago won the Stanley Cup in 2010, but Bowman has been forced to radically alter that team because of the salary cap problems he inherited. However, Chicago's cap situation looks much more manageable after their decision to trade Brouwer, Brian Campbell, and Tomas Kopecky over the last several days.
    Bowman has made all the right moves IMO

vCash
    I also like the moves Bowman has made. I do wonder if StanBo would have been able to move Campbell before Brouwer, then would Brouwer still be here? If you recall, Brouwer was moved mid 1st round of the draft and Campbell was moved late 1st round of the draft....

vCash
    I don't understand...Bowman's hands were tied last summer and he absolutely had to do something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I don't understand...Bowman's hands were tied last summer and he absolutely had to do something.
    It's just how it goes with teammates. These guys are just so emotionally attached to each other (especially because they're all so young), that breaking them up is kind of shifting their focus of priorities. It's normal, but when they see that Bowman is making the right moves next season, and they see that they are able to make new friend connections with the other players, they will get over it.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    I mean, as fans, even some of us are a little let down that Brouwer had to go, and we don't even know the guy. Imagine how these guys that won a Cup with him feel.

And I'm not let down because it was a bad trade or something, just sad to see him go.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    Its really sad to see guys get broken up, but unfortunately in today's day and age in all professional sports it ends up bottom line... a business.

You know Troy is going to be coming out guns blazing at their first meeting to show management they shouldnt have dumped him.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    I was listening to The Score when Danny Mac was talking to Brouw and you could hear in his voice he's a little upset about being traded. He has to understand this is a business, yeah you won the Cup and he will always hold a place in my heart for doing so. But c'mon Troy...I understand your trying to get paid and such, but why are you asking StanBo for $2.5+ million when you know you aren't going to get it for playing a injured/down year. Why not maybe sign a 1yr deal at say $1.5 million prove you belong in the Top-6 role and completely healed from injury!?! Then when we resign Sharpy next year you can possibly come back and say "Pay me" or go and test the market.

Plus with the hard cap in today's NHL it's hard for teams to stay completely together and build a dynasty for long periods of time. I'm sure Troy knows this more than any of us!
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash

Brouwer does have a point...

I for one have never liked Q's line juggling. The point being..... how do you develop chemistry when your linemates a continually changed? This is not sour grapes...its Troy giving an honest view of whats happend. And we all know the remaining players are prolly not happy with the 2nd year of major roster changes. Last year was a combo of cup hangover, fatigue and new guys on the roster. The biggest thing missing was thumpers on the 4th line. Maybe we let the old group back with some new 4th liners??? Dunno.. but Q does have issues with making team decisions.. good god it took him forever to finally yank Huet and start Niemi. Plus there were times last year when players shoulda sat a few games due to very poor play. I woulda kept Brouwer..even at 2 million a year... hes a physical presence with good hands. Hawks are gambling a bit here.. another influx of new players creates another time adjustment for chemistry. I really hope Im wrong... but Brouwer was a favorite of mine... and was bummed he was traded.

vCash
    I, like just about everybody else, really like Brouwer and was making the case toget him signed but in a situation where you can get a 1st rounder for a guy like Brouwer, it needs to happen. Fans and players needed to move forward this time last year, and I understand it is hard to watch something that you grew so attached to change so much, but such isthe nature of the beast. We are just now going to star to see what the franchises long term vision is and what Stan has in mind. Last season was was as much a cap casualty as any individual player and now is the time to put together that long term winning tradition and that is going to mean players come and go. Hell, half of th posters in here hated Sopel with a passion until the Hawks won the cup. I've seen Brouwer play a ton in the AHL and NHL and he was one of my favs but h wasn't worth that pay raise or nt getting that 1st round pick.

It's also not like sport has just changed into what it is today in terms of player movement. Hell, it began in earnest in the early to mid 80's making it the majority of most of our lives. I love the past and the Hawks history, but I refuse to live in it.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    They'll be over it, and they'll get some old favorites back.

Brouw and Soup were popular in the lockerroom, and Kopy was Hossa's sidekick, but they'll probably get a couple buddies back soon enough.

Trust me Brouw, we hate losing players, too. Take a healthier contract to hangout with them, or just be happy that the Caps invested a 1st round pick in you.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    They'll be over it, and they'll get some old favorites back.

Brouw and Soup were popular in the lockerroom, and Kopy was Hossa's sidekick, but they'll probably get a couple buddies back soon enough.

Trust me Brouw, we hate losing players, too. Take a healthier contract to hangout with them, or just be happy that the Caps invested a 1st round pick in you.
    Bingo.

I'm all for a player wanting as much money as they should get, that's the name of the game. However, you have to believe that his contract demands are the reason why he got traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    However, you have to believe that his contract demands are the reason why he got traded.
    100% agree with this. If he would have signed a 1 year deal for less than $2 million I guarantee he is back here playing for the Hawks. But he wants to get paid and as much as Bowman probably wanted to keep him, we just don't have enough money to give to him. So like someone else said he should be happy a team thought he was worth a 1st round pick because that means he will get the money he wants

vCash
    Nearly every move Bowman has made since we won the Cup has been a good one, due to the cirumstances.

Dumping Campbell was a pheonomenal trade.

As for Brouwer? Well, you're just not very good troy. Mediocre players tend to move around a lot. Get used to it and sack up. You make good money in this business. You have no right to complain.

If anyone deserves to complain, it would be someone like Campbell, Huet, etc who signed there in free agency and then was traded.

Troy Brouwer needs to remember that he's Troy Brouwer.