Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
    Why would the Rays want Dozier? They are just as bad as the Twins. Makes no sense. The Twins missed their chance to score with a trade to the Dodgers. DeLeon was a nice return for Forsythe. You can say LF isn't the hitter BD is but we have only seen one year. LF plays all over and steals some bases. Zobrist type that will fit right in with the Dodgers.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

The Twins have expressed interest in a reunion with Justin Morneau. While that would be a very nice thing to do, giving everyone a warm, fuzzy feeling, I'm not sure he would have a position on the team. The Twins already have 3 1B/DH types and Sano profiles best as a DH as well. If Justin could play 3B, and at one time he likely could have, it would make more sense.

Where ever Morneau goes, I sure wish him the best of luck. When healthy, he done great for the Rockies.

Also, best of luck to you Twins fans this 2017 season!

Batboy: Get a hit, Crash.
    Crash: Shut Up!

It's going to be another 100 loss year this year for the twins. The Pohlads need to sell the team to someone else. We need about 150 to 200 million in free agency budget so we can get some actual talent to this ballclub. Maybe then we can stand a chance at making the postseason till then we will be called the Cleveland Browns of Baseball.

Far more satisfying as a team and a fan if we build from within. Minneapolis isn't a $150mil+ market. We need to do it the way we used to do it, better yet the way the Royals did it. But a small market club will never be able to do make it an every year thing because eventually you lose too many pieces along the way.

We have all the pieces to do some real damage for years with position players, if our young core develops as hoped. The issue, as it has been for years and years, is pitching. We just can't seem to develop pitching whether it's our scouting department as we draft, our coaching in the minors, or both. We've drafted too many good arms, it seems, for Kyle Gibson to be basically the only SP drafted and developed in the organization since Brad Radke.

I don't see another 100 loss season, but then that assumes the Sanos and Buxtons develop further, the Hughes and Santanas remain healthy, and the pen doesn't put in as many innings as they have the last few years.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Timmaah is deleting threads because?

The team has made some interesting deals this off-season. I'm looking forward to seeing what guys like Jason Castro. Drew Stubbs, Matt Belisle and Craig Breslow can do. It appears they offered Mike Napoli more money than he finally accepted from the Rangers, but were unsuccessful in acquiring him. They were in talks with Jose Batista's agent and may have made an offer to him as well. Pat Light was DFA'd and finally traded/sold to the Pirates for cash or the infamous player to be named later.
    Pitchers and catchers report next week and games start towards the end of the month. Jose Berrios is representing Puerto Rico in the WBC, so he will get some important work in, but miss working with Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Timmaah is deleting threads because?
    brandonwarne52 was infracted for "Spamming and Linking" after being warned for the same offense and was fully explained the policy via PM.

In these instances where the threads were deleted, when the first thread post is deleted, it defaults to deleting the entire thread.

If you need to discuss further, PM me.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 02-10-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    brandonwarne52 was infracted for "Spamming and Linking" after being warned for the same offense and was fully explained the policy via PM.

In these instances where the threads were deleted, when the first thread post is deleted, it defaults to deleting the entire thread.

If you need to discuss further, PM me.
    I don't need to discuss anything, but I do have comments- directed at the site itself, not you personally:
    1.) It is possible to remove a link or reference in a post without deleting it, thereby not necessarily removing discussion that followed.
    2.) IMO this site is and always has been drastically overconcerned with this type of thing. If a site linked isn't 'competition' for this one, it shouldn't be an issue. That should mean sites w/o a forum.
    3.) There seems to be certain sites that do and do not follow that criteria. Links to some places are removed yet links to places like ESPN are not
    4.) Who am I to question any of this? Nobody. However I do run my own sports site, for which I've had posts deleted just for mentioning, not even linking...which I found ridiculous. Every one of us that has access here has access to the rest of the web as well. It's naive to think people don't find these other sites on their own, whether finding a link to them here or not.

Wow. Two posts in the Twins forum for the month I was banned. Good thing my awful news reporting was eradicated.

Seriously, this place sucks now. Peace.
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Wow. Two posts in the Twins forum for the month I was banned. Good thing my awful news reporting was eradicated.

Seriously, this place sucks now. Peace.
    It's okay Brandon, same thing here. I literally ran prosportsdaily from the beginning way way back in the day and even predated this server and format. The conversation and dialogue on here used to be great but turned to rubbish and name calling. I disagreed with it and was booted, to this day you can't even say my name on here, Bob ********* (S A C A M E N T O) it gets blurred!! I'll see you over on Twitter and everywhere else!

Make PROSPORTSDAILY Great Again!

https://twitter.com/TTurbo420

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/member.php?9-Bob-S
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287

Buddy Boshers goes back to Rochester and Nick Tepesh comes up to the Twins.
    Boshers threw 2.1 innings in his only appearance this season, giving up a walk and striking out 1. In 3 starts for Rochester, Tepesh threw 18 innings, with a 1-1 record. He allowed 5 runs (4 earned) on 20 hits, walked 4 and struck out 17. He could bolster the bullpen or slide into the starting rotation.

wow
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

I have to believe that Jose Berrios will be coming up relatively soon. He is doing very well in Rochester this year. 4 starts, 1-0, 25 IP, 16 hits, 7 runs allowed (4 earned), 6 walks, 28 Ks.

I hope everyone in the restaurant above center field was OK last night with Sano's bomb going up there.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast