Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 923
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United We Run
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Herrmann had 1 hit in his past 18 at bats. The Twins offense was struggling. Any option in the OF (at Gardy's disposal) sucked at defense. I'm not sure how hitting has nothing to do with this decision.
    People really don't read on here. I said hitting has nothing to do with my point, not hitting had nothing to do with the decision. Read before you write. The only reason he was out there is because he is a better hitter. But did that matter in this situation? I can see your point in the double and a run scored, but it did not matter because his defensive play lost the game.

    Colabello could have been in right and Kubel in left and call up Parmalee for first. or Colabello at first or Herrmann or Parmalee in RF.

    This is why we are a below average team. That and our pitching needs work.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,849
    Quote Originally Posted by twin4life View Post
    People really don't read on here. I said hitting has nothing to do with my point, not hitting had nothing to do with the decision. Read before you write. The only reason he was out there is because he is a better hitter. But did that matter in this situation? I can see your point in the double and a run scored, but it did not matter because his defensive play lost the game.

    Colabello could have been in right and Kubel in left and call up Parmalee for first. or Colabello at first or Herrmann or Parmalee in RF.

    This is why we are a below average team. That and our pitching needs work.
    You understand these were extenuating circumstances?

    I don't think I've ever heard the sentence "We would have won that game if Parmalee was in the outfield," before.

    If the double and run scored never happened, would the game have been competitive enough for us to miss a fly ball and lose it?

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United We Run
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    You understand these were extenuating circumstances?

    I don't think I've ever heard the sentence "We would have won that game if Parmalee was in the outfield," before.

    If the double and run scored never happened, would the game have been competitive enough for us to miss a fly ball and lose it?
    You never will hear that. (noone has said it)

    Im well aware of the circumstances and no I cant tell the future so I don't know if the game would have been more competitive, but if you want to ask stupid questions like that I'll ask you this. Who's to say Parm or Hermann wouldnt have had an excellent offensive game?? Noone can tell what would have happened so stop trying to bring "what ifs" to try to prove that your right.

    I do see what your saying but there should always be a way to get the right position players where they are actually suppose to play at the MLB level. AAA, AA, or A I could see having to go with the guys you have if someone gets called up for a injured player at the MLB level because I believe last time I checked MLB is a little more important than AAA baseball.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,419
    What's important is that Phil Hughes is quietly pitching really well right now.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United We Run
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    What's important is that Phil Hughes is quietly pitching really well right now.
    Right! Too busy thinking about the negatives and not enough on the positives. If Hughes can get more consistency in his outings I believe he could be our #2 or #3 starter for awhile. Nice to see some good pitching and I hope he can keep it up.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    3,480
    Today's game is a perfect example of why this year's team is better than last year's was. Last year, the team would have gone into the 8th inning, down 3-1 and mailed in the ABs. This year, the team has a bit more grit and fire. I can honestly say that there have been 6 games the team has won this year that last year's would not have. 17-19 would have become 11-25 and the team would have already have been out of the race.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,849
    Quote Originally Posted by twin4life View Post
    You never will hear that. (noone has said it)

    Im well aware of the circumstances and no I cant tell the future so I don't know if the game would have been more competitive, but if you want to ask stupid questions like that I'll ask you this. Who's to say Parm or Hermann wouldnt have had an excellent offensive game?? Noone can tell what would have happened so stop trying to bring "what ifs" to try to prove that your right.

    I do see what your saying but there should always be a way to get the right position players where they are actually suppose to play at the MLB level. AAA, AA, or A I could see having to go with the guys you have if someone gets called up for a injured player at the MLB level because I believe last time I checked MLB is a little more important than AAA baseball.
    Can a MLB team get unlimited "throw a player onto the DL and call up another minor leaguer?" Is a limit put in place with how many times this can happen at the same time? Do we know when Parms' DL'd MLB player was actually put on the DL? Was there time to fly in a minor leaguer for the game or no? I'm not completely aware of the circumstances so my opinion might be off - fill me in?

    When hits come every 3/10 at bats for a good MLB bat - I think it's easier to guess a player wouldn't get hits than predicting they will get hits. You're absolutely right, though, Parm could have come up and hit two home runs, it's a possibility I guess.

    I'm just not sure why you're so passionate about this.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United We Run
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Can a MLB team get unlimited "throw a player onto the DL and call up another minor leaguer?" Is a limit put in place with how many times this can happen at the same time? Do we know when Parms' DL'd MLB player was actually put on the DL? Was there time to fly in a minor leaguer for the game or no? I'm not completely aware of the circumstances so my opinion might be off - fill me in?

    When hits come every 3/10 at bats for a good MLB bat - I think it's easier to guess a player wouldn't get hits than predicting they will get hits. You're absolutely right, though, Parm could have come up and hit two home runs, it's a possibility I guess.

    I'm just not sure why you're so passionate about this.
    Been around the game my whole life. Wish I still was arond the game. Health comes before baseball. Me being passionate about this subject is a little bit more than that. Baseball is/was a huge part of my life. I think we can all agree it get frusterating watching our team lose year in and out. (past 3 years)And then lose games because of a fielding issue that should have not been. I want to WIN as much as possible and I find it unacceptable at the MLB to lose because of such mistakes.

    I get it there is more to it than call a guy up and he is there. I know they need time to get to the stadium and there might not have been time. Our front office should be prepared to make roster moves at any given second. Its not like this is a part time job. I would like to see more drive to WIN games. If they really thought Escobar was going to help win this game on the defensive side of the game out of position, we all should be worried. I want someone to manage this team that will put the team in the best position to win.

    Think of it this way we were using Escobar as a one-way player in the outfield. That one-way is meaning offense. I would rather have a manager that is going to put us in the best odds to win a game. I know someone will say or will be thinking that we are rebuilding. That is all the more reason to play the best options in the field and I just don't think this happened this one game.

    This is why sports are great. This is my opinion on the matter and I feel like we are not being put in the best position to win games. That is why I want nothing to do with Gardy anymore. I will thank him for his time and all he has done for the Twins in his years here.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,419
    I know I say it a lot, but correia needs to go. I'm shocked that he's lasted this long in the rotation.

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,419
    Gibson pitched a good game, and the twins got back to .500

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,419
    Twins have won 4 series in a row, and 8 of 11 games! Our pitching is looking better....especially Hughes.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,849
    I don't think how poorly the SP was early in the season could have continued.... I also don't think how well our offense was clicking could continue, either...

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    3,480
    Chris Colabello has been optioned to Rochester and Josh Willingham has been reinstated from the DL.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    22,928
    literally, **** Joe Mauer. There is nothing right with that guy. Nothing right with the contract, nothing right with him hitting 3rd, nothing right at all. What makes it all the more not right, is the move to 1st base. The move to first base was supposed to keep him fresh, what has resulted, is his worst season ever. His worst season ever at catcher, would have been much better than his worst season ever at 1st base. The guy has no grasp of anything at the plate, and has become, what will lock this team down for a long time financially...we have this great youth system coming through, but all will be for naught, because of the financial stipulations Joe Mauer has put on the team. He provides literally nothing right now. There is no position he could play, which would provide value to the team, whether that be 1B, catcher, OF, or DH.
    The guy is complete trash. What happened? He used to be an MVP. The guy is lazy, and got way too comfortable with the contract, and, with nothing of substance to support my opinion, other than him being one of the best players in the league, to one of the worst, I think he was on roids during[his great seasons, and since the contract, got off the roids. How else could you explain such a drop off?

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,419
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    literally, **** Joe Mauer. There is nothing right with that guy. Nothing right with the contract, nothing right with him hitting 3rd, nothing right at all. What makes it all the more not right, is the move to 1st base. The move to first base was supposed to keep him fresh, what has resulted, is his worst season ever. His worst season ever at catcher, would have been much better than his worst season ever at 1st base. The guy has no grasp of anything at the plate, and has become, what will lock this team down for a long time financially...we have this great youth system coming through, but all will be for naught, because of the financial stipulations Joe Mauer has put on the team. He provides literally nothing right now. There is no position he could play, which would provide value to the team, whether that be 1B, catcher, OF, or DH.
    The guy is complete trash. What happened? He used to be an MVP. The guy is lazy, and got way too comfortable with the contract, and, with nothing of substance to support my opinion, other than him being one of the best players in the league, to one of the worst, I think he was on roids during[his great seasons, and since the contract, got off the roids. How else could you explain such a drop off?
    You know. I used to be a big mauer supporter, but the move to first base changed my opinion big time. He got payed to be a catcher, and the twins should have made him honor that. Instead they cater to his every demand and it's resulted in a .260 average, 2 home runs, and a strike out or ground ball every time there is a risp.

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •