Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Justin Morneau is scheduled to rejoin the Twins on Friday.
    Here is a story: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/68...a-twins-friday

vCash
    The Twins signed their top 3 picks today. Hopefully, they'll be ready for winter ball.

vCash
    It's fine to save the arms of the 2 pitchers, but it would have been nice to get Michael in some games before now. Having him in games fresh off his college career would have probably given a more accurate display of his current level of play. Now all people will hear is that he has some rust and we shouldn't expect him to be on top of his game until a month into next season.

vCash
    I agree. I'd like to see what he can do against live pitching.

vCash
    Twins signed all but 19 of their draft picks. The highest pick they failed to sign was Adam McCreery, their 14th rounder.

vCash
    Wow, that's either a very impressive haul, or it says that they took absolutely no risks taking high schoolers or under-classman who had the option of going back to school in hopes of a bigger payday. I saw the Twins signed one later round pick over the suggested retail price. It's what the organiaztion needs to do if they want to restock the system.

vCash
    Benson, Parmelee and Hendriks are on their way to Minnesota. Time to see if these guys can show the first batch of underachieving rookies up.

vCash
    I think these guys will be fine. Benson and Parmelee should help the offense. Lets see what Hendriks can do against better hitters.

vCash
    To no one's surprise, the Twins declined Joe Nathan's option, hoping to bring him back at a lower price.

vCash

Good Move

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To no one's surprise, the Twins declined Joe Nathan's option, hoping to bring him back at a lower price.
    I we can turn nathan's 12 million into some good players, we might have some games for someone else to save.

vCash
    The Twins exteded Glen Perkins with a 3 year $10.3 million deal. Nice move. Even if last year was his ceiling (which I doubt) $3.3M a year for a hard throwing lefty would still be movable.

It's amazing where Perkins and the club now stand. He was a long shot to make the team last year at this time, and the relationship looked beyond repair when the Twins demoted him at the end of 2009 and most of 2010 for being ineffective and immature. Seeing as he signed the extension instead of waiting and walking after this season, I guess we can assume there is no longer any bad blood.

vCash
    The Nationals continue to press the Astros for Jason Bourgeois. Last year they were interested in Denard Span. I think it was Jim Souhan who reported that the Twins were actually hopping Trevor Plouffe could win an outfield job away from Ben Revere and the speedster would be used more as a 4th outfielder. If the Twins truely think one of their two leadoff centerfielders are expendable, they should reignite trade talk now.

The Nationals have several hard throwers in their system, and they are looking to win now. The Twins could finally get equal or superiour value for a player who's skill set is not at this time needed. Besides, if there's one thing the Twins have depth at in the system, it's outfielders. If all goes well, by 2014 all of the current OF's on the roster could be replaced by Benson, Hicks and Arcia.

vCash
    Twins grabbed Clete Thomas, who the Tigers DFA'd recently, and put Baker on the 60-day DL.

vCash
    To make room for Thomas on the active roster, Revere goes back to Rochester. I hope he plays every day there.

vCash
    The Red Sox DFA's Michael Bowden, the Twins should have already made the claim on him. There's not reason not to when your bullpen has Gray, Burton, Burnett and Maloney in it.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast