Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gibson has not been very good lately.

Slowey just pitched Friday in rehad (and he is the team's whipping boy right now)

Sucks that we have to use Diamond and Swarzak for this important series.

vCash
    At this point, it is clear that we will probably not win the division. But I am not so sure we should be sellers at the deadline either. We have a very good core coming back next year, and the experience all our minor leaguers got in the bigs this year makes us much deeper. I would sell high on Cuddy right now, and also try to sell Pavano. Outside of that, I think we can come back with a solid squad next year if they stay healthy.

Span, revere, young, kubel, mauer, morneau, valncia...question marks in the middle with Nishioka and Cassila (again)

vCash
    It is becoming clear we won't win the division? Don't tell the twins board that!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Shut up. 5 GB with 2 months left. If we win the division, Tony. Will you retire from this site?

vCash
    just winning 3 of 4 against the Tigers...at home...potentially with Span (not likely Kubel) back....and the Twins are 3 behind them....3 games..with 61 to play

record would then be 49-52

It may only take 84 wins to take this division, possibly less....to reach 84 wins the Twins would then need to go 35-26 (38-27 starting today)......considering they've gone now 30-14 since June 2, 35-26 is no stretch. Think it'll still take 90? 41-20 is still a lower winning percentage than they've been on.

In other words....it won't be easy and the odds are still against them...but there's far too much season left right now to count them out. If they should somehow get swept by the Tigers and Rangers and fall back to 12 games out, then maybe we can start thinking it won't happen.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Tony seems like he can see into the future apparently...

vCash
    Not to be a name-dropper, but I spoke to Tony Oliva at the airport in Albany NY today (we were both coming back from Bert's induction) and I asked him about outfield prospects. He said everyone that's ready to help is in the majors already, or has been at one time or another. He said Hicks is about 2 years away and that Ivan Rodriguez' son is really "raw", but has good baseball genes.
    He is really high on Ben Revere, although he doesn't have much of an arm. He said the best outfield to put out there the rest of the season would be Revere in left, Span in center and Cuddyer in right. Span would cheat over to right to cover the gap because Revere would be able to cover what he couldn't.

vCash
    whats happened to alex wimmers?
    We drafted the guy for his "feel for pitching" and control.. and from what his game stats said he certainly doesnt have control and if you top out at 88mph and dont have control... ish. just ish.

vCash
    Justin Morneau is going to begin his rehab assignment at Rochester. Hopefully, he'll be ready to rejoin the team this home-stand.

vCash
    Also, Jim Thome hit #598 tonight. Hopefully, he'll hit #600 against the White Sox -- maybe against Jesse Crain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Justin Morneau is going to begin his rehab assignment at Rochester. Hopefully, he'll be ready to rejoin the team this home-stand.
    Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if he's expected to play in back-to-back games? I live in Norfolk, so I'm going to hit a Tides games tomorrow night and that's who they're playing. I'd like to see him in action.
    Last edited by ritz; 08-05-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: who, not how
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    I would think he'll play back-to-back games. He'll likely play 1B in one and DH another.

vCash
    That's what I figured. It was a random question, but I just wasn't sure. Thank you.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Reports are that Twins offer Cuddy a two year extension at 16mil that would be 8 mil a year.
    Cuddy is having his best year in his career, why would the twins offer him a pay-cut?

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ar-extension/1

vCash
    Cuz he's old and having the best year of his career. So its not likely he will repeat this success. He'll likely go back to hittin .260-.270 with 20 HR

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast