Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:44 AM.

The more young guys we get a chance to play now this late in the season, the more experience they get. What were watching right now in some of these young guys is our future.

The Twins are considering changing their Midwest League affiliate, as are several other teams. The Cubs are likely to pick up Kane County. St. Louis is likely moving back to Peoria. Not sure who moves into the Quad Cities. Minnesota is possibly going to move to Cedar Rapids, which would be ideal for me. They are the closest team to me and I would love to be able to see them every week or so.

I just realized Mauer has a higher OPS than Albert Pujols this season.

Sounds official, Cedar Rapids is the Twins new minor league affiliate. This is great news. It is unfortunate that surely some Twins fans in Beloit will lose their favorite organization, but from the sound of it, Beloit really struggles to draw fans. Cedar Rapids also has a much better facility and is Geographically closer. I have to imagine Catman is pretty excited, while Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario are probably saying, "Really? Now we're headed to Ft. Myers. A year too late for us!"

I'm wondering how the ballpark plays differently than the one in Beloit.

I like the move, gives some of our Iowa fans a better opportunity to see some of these guys play first hand instead of having to rely on other peoples scouting. I like the move!

The Cedar Rapids ballpark opened in 2002 and is a great place to see a game. The field was just fine last season, even with the lack of rain. The grounds crew does a fantastic job of taking care of the field. Here is a picture of the field:
    http://www.milb.com/team1/page.jsp?y...=.jsp&sid=t492
    Here is a picture showing the dimensions of the field: http://www.milb.com/team1/page.jsp?y...=.jsp&sid=t492

Wow! I wonder how many more HR Sano would have had this year with that LF fence.

If promoted, Adam Walker will have his sights set on BA's top 100 list and the second consecutive Midwest League individual HR title for the Twins.

Weve all heard that Sano has this raw power, hopefully we will see more of it with the field hes now going to be playing in.

Actually, I would hope that Sano will be playing in Ft. Myers next year. He has things to work on but I don't think remaining in Low A ball would benefit him. I don't think even the most conservative member of the development staff would advocate to keep him down any longer.

I never had an occasion to stop in Beloit, but I have in-laws and my wife's best friend live in and near Cedar Rapids. I've always been able to weasel out of making the trip down there with her but maybe next summer I'll make an exception on the condition I get to go to a game.

I think we'll find out what Sano can do in Florida next season, and possibly in New Britain. I don't see the team holding him back if he's ready to play at 2 levels next season. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Buxton and Rodriguez can do. I like seeing guys run around the bases and those guys do that as well as anyone does.
    An official announcement will be made tomorrow at 1:30 and I'll post it here.

And Nick, don't try to weasel out of a trip to the ballpark in Cedar Rapids. The field is worth a trip in itself.
    Let me know when you're going to be there ande I'll try to get to the same game.

I'll do that. Hopefully my wife's next trip down there will be during baseball season. She's due with our second in Novemeber, so I'm guessing she's not going to feel like making that drive anytime soon. During baseball season is more likely.

The Twins and the Cedar Rapids Kernels signed a PDC today that is good until 2016. Here is a story: http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...=.jsp&sid=t492

-
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast