Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pavano has indicated a willingness to return to the Twins. Any interest?
    I also agree that the Slama "decision" was curious. The Twins need quality arms in the bullpen and he certainly deserves a shot. He's shown that he can handle all the levels in the minors and has little left to prove there.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Do any of you think that Arcia or Hicks would be ready to start opening day next season? That would allow us to move Span this offseason to get some young pitching. Maybe to a team that misses out on Hamilton/Upton/Bourn/Victorino... Maybe Span to Atlanta for one of their many young pitchers/pitching prospects.

vCash
    I don't really see it. I think both Arcia and Hicks need a bit more time to develop. I could, however, see Revere in center, Mastrioanni/Carson in right and Willingham in left next year, allowing Span to be moved. Span has to show that he's healthy first, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I don't really see it. I think both Arcia and Hicks need a bit more time to develop. I could, however, see Revere in center, Mastrioanni/Carson in right and Willingham in left next year, allowing Span to be moved. Span has to show that he's healthy first, though.
    Parmelee is probably not a long term answer in the outfield but if Span is moved, I'd assume Parmelee gets a spot while Morneau continues to get 1B duties. Willingham nad Parmelee on the corners isn't ideal as far as range goes, but really, any range an outfielder has in RF at Target Field is pretty much negated anyway.

vCash
    Parmelee is likely going to be the Twins 1B/DH for a few years. Morneau, Parmelee, Mauer and Doumit will be in a rotation for the 1B/C/DH spots with Morneau and Mauer getting most of the starts at their position. Doumit can fill in behind the plate and Parmelee can fill in at 1B. I see Doumit getting the fewest ABs, unless he plays some OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    You can count me in on Pavano, Cat, but on the condition it would be a 1yr deal for 13 for half (At best) of what he earned this season for the Twins.

The stars may align on that one, though. If so, I don't think it could ever hurt them to have a dependable vet on board for the #4 slot, presumably, assuming that both Gibson and Baker will be healthy and productive by June or so this coming summer.

I would also like to see them bring Liriano back on a short term deal for two years or less as I've mentioned before, albeit that opinion probably not a popular one.

Thanks for the question and for your comments once again, Cat.
    Respectfully Why would we want Pavano back? There is a time to move on and it is that time! What we need is to Likely move Span and possibly Morneau to get a possible 1 or a 2 starter. We have a stable of 3-5 starters at this point. I would prefer to go and get one off of the FA list but not likely to sign here so trading for one is our only other option.

Unless we are satisfied with staying at the bottom of the standings we NEED to make some HUGE upgrades in our pitching staff, otherwise we are in for more of the same, period.

vCash
    Evan Meek just got DFA'd by the Pirates. Is there any interest in bringing him back into camp?

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    In a recent interview, Gardy says he hopes the Twins bring back Matt Capps next year. If anyone even remotely discusses picking up his $6 million option everyone needs to be let go. Even if the Twins decline his option, surely he will still be looking for at least $2 million which is too much. There is already going to be a bullpen crunch come next spring, I'd rather give the spot to a young guy with upside, making league minimum who would likely be similarly productive.

Gardy also says he hopes Capps comes back this year. Why would the club want Capps to pitch this year? They already said there are not enough innings for Slama and Guerra to get experience, why would they want to waste innings on Capps?

vCash
    I agree, Nick. I'd much rather see Slama and Guerra getting experience. Give them the pressure-free innings (8-1 up or down) and let the rest of the guys have their regular spots.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 11-08-2012 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    I believe that the front office still CAN get the job done, I just don't know that they are willing to do what it takes to get back on track. The sentimentality this organization has to it's employees is touching but not suitable to a strong business model. The sentimentality needs to be reserved for the fans and the club can retrospectively embrace guys after their careers are through.

Going out of your way to make room for Capps or Butera or Pavano or one of the coaches or some of the scouts is bordering on hoarder psychosis. They may not have much use for some of these guys anymore, but the club feels more comfortable and has peace of mind knowing they are laying around somewhere in this overly cluttered house.

Harmon Killebrew played his final year for the Royals for Pete's sake, no one regrets him leaving that final season today. Rick Agulera finds his way to the Twins broadcasting booth a couple times a year, I doubt he does that with the Cubs. Tom Brunansky is the Rochester hitting coach, he's not working for the Cardinals. These guys don't die, they just move on, and the ones we like to remember best eventually come back. We have email, text messages and Skype. If Gardenhire wants to see Matt Capps in 2013 he can pick up his smart phone and talk to the guy while he's sitting in Pheonix.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    It's a bit early to talk about free agent pitchers but let's do it anyway. Who do you gents see as legitimate / viable targets.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast