Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Looks like the Twins need to find some Drs that know what they are doing. Too many mis-diagnosis for my tastes.

vCash
    With only 38 guys on the 40-man roster, I wonder if Gibson and Aaron Hicks will be added to the roster for September?

vCash
    With all the outfielders digned up, I think it's becoming more of a possibility. Unless of course they are intent on giving Carson a lot of playing time.

vCash
    I'd have no problem with Carson getting a lot of playing time for the rest of the season. He's looking pretty good out there.

vCash
    There is speculation that the red sox claimed mauer off waivers...doubtful anything gets done but could be a nice way for the twins to get cap and some specs to fill the farm.

vCash
    I'm not too enthused about Boston's farm though. I don't think they have any prospects in BA's top 50 and their best pitching prospect is Webster who they just got from LA. Mauer is a good fit for Boston, but their farm is not a good fit for the Twins.

vCash
    Parmelee is back up at the expense of Jeff Gray. I doubt anyone is complaining about this (except probably Gray) but two days before the rosters expand? Strange timing. The outfield is dinged up but you'd think that would make them recall Matt Carson. With the recall happening today, you'd think the only day this will affect the club is Friday, maybe Parmelee will be ready for game time, but it's pretty short notice. I guess the Twins just couldn't wait an extra day!

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    This team wont make a return to the "promise land" until we go through a full overhaul of everything, basically beginning with the front office, coaching staff, trainers, doctors and so on. We need to draft better, scout better and develop better and all that comes from within and involves spending money. Us Twins fans have been loyal through it all and will be loyal through this, but it would be nice to see the Twins invest in a playoff caliber team with some of the money we put into that organizaion as fans. I could type a novel on this, but ill just stop here.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 10-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.

vCash
    The Slama (non)decision is very frustrating and indefensable but according to Seth Stohs, for some reason he actually is not a minor league free agent until after next season. It still doesn't make sense. Luis Perdomo was called up for Pete's sake. I am also disappointed that Deolis Guerra isn't given a chance. He's out of options next year and he needs to make the club out of spring training. You'd think the Twins would at least get an idea about him with some September innings.

I agree, the front office no longer seems to know what they are doing in regards to call-ups. I wish we could get an honest answer but that will not happen.

This is a quote from Ryan last Monday in regards to September call ups:

"The types of guys we're talking about are guys who have earned the promotion from what they've done at Triple-A or Double-A."

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...k_min&c_id=min

Really? Eduardo Esocbar has been promoted and he has an OBP of .259 since coming over to the Twins. Ryan promised changes, but I guess that doesn't apply to the decision making process of the front office. We know Dozier is in the doghouse after his comments prior to being sent down. Otherwise it makes little sense to bring up Escobar while Dozier goes home for the year.

The Dozier situation is even more comical as Gardenhire was asking for him to be promoted in 2011 and wanted him to make the opening day roster this year. Dozier seemed to be a "Twins" kind of guy in that he had the perception of being gritty and hard working. After a few months of not being selective enough at the plate and not taking responsibility for a defensive mental lapse in August his golden image was tarnished and he was banished to AAA only three weeks before September and then passed over for a callup by a guy who makes Drew Butera's minor league stats look prolific.

The only thing that makes sense in the case of Anthony Slama is that like Dozier he too is not considered a "Twins" type of player any longer. He must have an attitude Ryan and Gardenhire do not approve of. Really the only thing we do know about the decision making process is that a non-humble attitude will put you in their bad graces. His career minor league stats say he should be given more than seven innings at the MLB level to prove himself.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 09-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    Thanks Matty, Im sure were going to get along just fine on here!

Ive been a big Gardy fan up until the last few years when I realize just what he does. Hes a favorites guy and a favorites guy doesnt get major league results. He puts guys in his dog house an they never get out and we never see them again, oh and when you become one of his favorites, your basically set regardless of your talent, Gardy needs to go this summer so we can start over fresh.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Lets see how the boys respond tomorrow with a much needed day off today, from the looks of things were going to end up with a pick around the 3-7 range, plenty of money coming off the books, lets close the year out on a high note!

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-23-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast