Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What happened to Angel Morales, I remember he looked like a solid prospect a few years ago, havent heard much about him since

vCash
    He's done absolutely nothing. For awhile he and Aaron Hicks were tied at the hip and getting promotions in tandems. However, Morales has been at Ft. Myers for three years and has been awful in everyone of them. I believe he'll become a minor league free agent after this season if he's not placed on the 40-man roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club releases him this spring. He's one of the most athletic players in the organization, but it's not translating into production, he's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    What happened to Angel Morales, I remember he looked like a solid prospect a few years ago, havent heard much about him since
    He's had a few injuries. He did great in Beloit and then he kept getting injured. He has some potential but probably the highest hell get is Tripple A and I'm hesitant to say that.

vCash
    The Twins are going to be scouting Brandon Webb at his throwing session. He hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2009 due to shoulder issues, but if he's healthy, he could be a great add.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The Twins are going to be scouting Brandon Webb at his throwing session. He hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2009 due to shoulder issues, but if he's healthy, he could be a great add.
    I would like him too, It's just that he hasn't pitched in the bigs for a while thats what gets me worried.

vCash
    Sounds like Morneau's having a good offseason...hopefully he shows it this season

The article I found on it:
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/J...ffseason122712
    M.V.P.

Have Twitter? Follow me for everything sports! I'll follow back too if you tell me you're from this website!
    Just Click The Link---->@SportsGuy218

vCash
    Here are a couple of scouting reports on Twins' prospects that I found interesting.
    Byron Buxton: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-byron-buxton/
    Miguel Sano: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...o/#more-109452

vCash
    I always hear everyone talking about trading Morneau if he has a good year. Hasn't anyone thought maybe we should try to restructure this years contract and tack on some years to keep him? The guy gives his heart out there and sounds like the quintessential Twin player. And getting rid of a former MVP who can have a good if not great eye at the plate should be something we would want to keep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith68 View Post
    I always hear everyone talking about trading Morneau if he has a good year. Hasn't anyone thought maybe we should try to restructure this years contract and tack on some years to keep him? The guy gives his heart out there and sounds like the quintessential Twin player. And getting rid of a former MVP who can have a good if not great eye at the plate should be something we would want to keep.
    I have his jersey in my closet and wear it the games but....

that being said he has had issues with concussions and we are not likely resigning at the end of the year. If he comes out of spring training and we can get some good value for the future we have to do it. He is not part of the future with the young studs around the corner like it or not. I wish the best for him as he is a CLASS act but we have to do what is best for the team.

vCash
    I understand your point on the youth movement, but he is not that old. I just haven't seen enough from Parmelee to think we can easily replace him. And seeing how other players the Twins gave up on [Ortiz, Hardy, etc] I think they should try to keep him albeit at a better price. Proven commodities don't come around that often.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:55 PM.

vCash
    Matty, Crisp is still under contract with the A's for this year, with an option for 2014. A trade would have to be worked out to get him.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    I think Benson and Hicks will get a lot of attention in Ft Myers this winter. Benson was injured last season and never got going and I would really like Hicks to get a few months in Rochester. Arcia may be ready to contribute, but he doesn't play CF anymore.
    Mastroianni seems to have the inside position for the job right now, but I would like to see him as the 4th OF and someone come in to play the spot. Presently, if my "Iowa math" is correct, the 40-man roster is full, so a move would have to be made to bring someone else in.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast