Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The next manager of the Twins should be..

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Molitor

2 66.67%
  • Doug Mietkiewicz

1 33.33%
  • Terry Steinbach

0 0%
  • Gene Glynn

0 0%
  • Chip Hale

0 0%
  • Torey Lovullo

0 0%
  • John Russell

0 0%
  • Ozzie Guillen

0 0%
  • Sandy Alomar Jr.

0 0%
  • Billy Heywood (Managed the Twins in "Little Big League")

0 0%
  • Someone else (name who it is in the thread)

0 0%
    vCash

Poll: Who do you want in as manager for the Twins?

Curious who you all would like in as manager for the Twins? Hopefully Terry Ryan reads the results here and makes the right decision!
    Last edited by Crying MN fan; 10-09-2014 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    My preference is more towards finding a guy who young players can relate and connect to. Part of the skills needed are social but being Spanish speaking would be huge as well.

Do MLB managers really make THAT big of a difference? I feel like 95% of the decisions they make are routine. The other 5% are "gut" feelings based on conversations with players about how they're feeling.

I'd be more excited to hear the Twins put 15+M into 1 FA player than I am with who's managing this team next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    I really do think the manager makes a huge difference. After Tom Kelly was done and Gardy came in, it lit a spark in the clubhouse and a winning culture developed, which has obviously faded over the past handful of years. Another example is the Orioles, ever since Showalter joined the team they've improved and now look where they are. So much of baseball is about the clubhouse and the attitude of the team. Gradually I think Gardy just kind of lost the fire. This is why I think Doug Mientkiewicz would be perfect for the team. He's got that fire, attitude, proved that he can win with winning the championship managing in the minors. And, he was part of the team that brought the Twins back to competiveness back in the day when we had entertaining teams in Doug, Hunter, Koskie, Guardado, Ortiz, Morneau, Jacque Jones, A.J., etc etc. The Twins need that attitude back, the winning culture, and loose clubhouse.

vCash
    If the Twins win 81 games next year then 88 the year after I don't see "the manager" being in my top 5 reasons for the turn around. Probably not even in the top 10 reasons....
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.