Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Visitor suggestions

I just got tickets to one of the games between the Twins/Cubs in June. I have never been to Target Field, any recommendations (i.e. food to eat, places to go after the game, things to see)

Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

vCash
    There's been a lot of views with no response yet...but partly because it's Easter weekend I'm assuming.

My response won't help you much as I've only been there a couple times since I'm several hours away myself.
    What I CAN say is...I've been to around 10 MLB stadiums in my day and Target is my favorite. Great views from virtually any seat..and if you want a different view for awhile, there's a 2nd level walkway where you can basically walk all the way around the field and have a view of it from anywhere.

Food is IMO well above the average...of course, being in Minnesota you can pretty much get anything on a stick..even walleye. You might even run into Kent Hrbek at his restaurant. But there's plenty not on a stick, plus some great local brews to go along with nationally known.

A number of bars and bar/restaurants near the stadium to hang out in before/after the game. I haven't been there enough to know names and favs.

As with a lot of stadiums...getting to and from can be an issue, but still there's ample parking...or utilize the light rail system...which could also get you to/from other places you might want to go to like the Mall of America....or the new Vikings stadium under construction- http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/webcam.html
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydoc45 View Post
    I just got tickets to one of the games between the Twins/Cubs in June. I have never been to Target Field, any recommendations (i.e. food to eat, places to go after the game, things to see)
    I'd recommend not going at all. Save your money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJesus View Post
    Ok, so, I already have the tickets, not going to save any money... and why would I not want to take the opportunity to see two of my favorite teams....

I realize you are new to PSD, but if you are going to limit yourself to inflammatory comments, don't be surprised if people put you on their ignore lists very quickly.

Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

vCash
    hopefully that was just a frustration post given the Twins have started their season being outscored 22-1
    ...but it was just 3 games, 1 series........and, if you like both teams ONE of your fav teams is going to win and one lose regardless

You'll undoubtedly enjoy the experience. Hopefully more of our Twins fans living in the area will start posting soon to give you a more complete answer than I can living 5 hours away and not getting to MSP very often.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    The problem is that when you buy tickets and go to the games, you're supporting the actions of the Pohlad's. They've taken advantage of us fans for far too long.

vCash
    So...you still believe this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC9415 View Post
    So...you still believe this?
    No I think we are legitimate World Series contenders this season. We have to be considered the favorites in the AL.

vCash
    No I think we are legitimate World Series contenders this season. We have to be considered the favorites in the AL.
    Yup, because you need to be favorites in the AL and a World Series contender to be worth going to watch....

vCash
    You have to be in love with baseball to be a twins fan. As a Cubs fan you might understand. The problem is young twins fans who don't understand baseball is a business. From a purist standpoint the goal is to win the series. From a longevity standpoint the goal is to make more than you spend. It's easy to spend money which isn't yours.

Target field is awesome. You'll enjoy walking 1 min from downtown right into the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    You have to be in love with baseball to be a twins fan. As a Cubs fan you might understand. The problem is young twins fans who don't understand baseball is a business. From a purist standpoint the goal is to win the series. From a longevity standpoint the goal is to make more than you spend. It's easy to spend money which isn't yours.

Target field is awesome. You'll enjoy walking 1 min from downtown right into the stadium.
    I am not going to start this whole argument again but be real. 350 Million dollars was donated to the Twins by Minnesota tax payers. So to say its easy to spend money which isnt yours is pretty narrow minded considering thats exactly what the Twins did. The value of the franchise and their revenues have significantly increased as a direct result of us. That being said, it is a very nice field.
    Last edited by BabyJesus; 05-17-2015 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    Going to Target Field for the first time on Tuesday, and again on Wednesday. Been outside several times when travelling to see the Vikes.

Pelfrey is probable for Tuesday night, any idea for Wednesday? Will be getting really good seats for one game, ok seats for the other, so I'm deciding on which to get better seats for Any idea who the Red Sawks will have up? Or any other advice, except from BJ, is appreciated.