Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buyers or Sellers

The Twins are playing pretty well this season, so should they be buyers, sellers or stand pat at the trading deadline?
    They could use another starter and a couple of bullpen arms. Maybe a bat as well, although they have Vargas and Park who can come up and contribute (Vargas is up now, but may go back down).

Sellers if the price is right, otherwise stand pat. We need to continue to bolster our young talent, but not give players away for relatively nothing while we are somewhat competitive.

Santana and Dozier should net substantial return, two players I doubt we re-sign long term.

hard for a fan base to be happy being sellers when their team is in 1st place, so we'll have to see where we are in a few weeks

but we're not built to be competitive in the playoffs should be somehow get there either

We picked a SS #1 overall in the draft....does that make someone like Nick Gordon trade bait?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I don't think so. I believe this is insurance for Dozier's pending FA departure. Gordon slides over to 2B and Lewis takes over at SS.

I think this year we should stand pat and promote from within. But if we do become buyers, we need all the bullpen help we can get.

The Twins have announced that they will attempt to bring in some pitching at the deadline this year. They have some decent talent in the middle of their farm system, so they should be able to make a couple of moves without hurting the long-term plan for the team.

I'd love to see Neshek back in our pen, if not too expensive. But that's the problem, everybody needs pitching...I don't want Sonny Gray or Brad Hand for the very reason it will be a sellers market

Twins are in negotiations to acquire Braves' starter Jamie Garcia. Also, Bartolo Colon is considering retirement. If his next start goes poorly, he will walk away from baseball.

The question with Toad is whether he said that only when he remained unsigned before the Twins tabbed him, or again after his outing (which really wasn't that bad...maybe he just needs to be a long man despite how odd it would be for a man his shape to get that title)

Nick Burdi was apparently involved in the Garcia deal gone bad/on hold but maybe Tyler Jay was, too, given medicals was the reason for the stall. However, I don't know why the Twins would give up 2 pitching prospects for someone only under contract until the end of the season...let alone why they'd give up a guy like Jay

The Twins finalized the deal for Jaime Garcia today, acquiring him and catcher Anthony Recker for Huascar Ynoa and $$$. The Twins will pick up all of Garcia's salary.
    This deal will give the Twins a legitimate lefty starter to run out there every 5 days.

another lefty starter you mean? Santiago and Mejia are both leftys

Santiago has disappointed me and Mejia is not quite ready for regular duty.

Santiago isn't as good as his record was when we got him, but isn't as bad as he's been this year.
    I knew what you meant, I'd just been talking to a friend about how Garcia was making our rotation into Santana, Berrios, and 3 leftys......tho I'm betting Santiago is the first of those to lose his spot.

Would love to get Neshek back in our pen. Whatdya think that'd take? Hey, how 'bout Santiago! lol

Unfortunately, Neshek just went to the Rockies. I'd have loved to have seen him back in a Twins' uni.

and now Garcia hasn't even made his first start and the team he just beat last time out has the Twins thinking they might yet be sellers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast