Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brooks Laich resigned 6 years 27 million

Per TSN

vCash
    Just saw it on NHL numbers lol. This is a lot of money for Brooks though........ I mean I like Brooks a lot but to be honest this looks like a bad deal....

vCash
    On the other hand Semin being moved might be a HUGE possibility now

vCash
    cancel lol
    Last edited by chocolayo; 06-28-2011 at 10:42 AM.

vCash
    Damn! I was really hoping to see him in a Wings jersey. Free agency is just getting weaker and weaker.

vCash
    Furthermore proof GM has not the slightest clue as to what he's doing. Laich is a great guy, but he doesn't produce like most of the team come playoffs.

He's allowing feelings to get in the way which will KILL this teams chances of winning a cup.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post
    On the other hand Semin being moved might be a HUGE possibility now
    You better get something HUGE in return and that with will probably end up equaling his salary or more, otherwise the Caps are just getting ripped off. Just saying.

vCash
    I'm ok with the signing. Brooks wears a lot of hats for the Caps. PK, gritty forward. 100% okay with the contract. Of course he helped lead the Bears to a Calder Cup so I may not be the guy to ask. Caps still have $8.9 million to play with. I say see it Knuble will restructure and dump Poti. That would get Washington to around $10-$11 million. Then resign Arnott and make a pitch to Brad Richards. Gotta go big or go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Furthermore proof GM has not the slightest clue as to what he's doing. Laich is a great guy, but he doesn't produce like most of the team come playoffs.

He's allowing feelings to get in the way which will KILL this teams chances of winning a cup.
    Laich was 2nd on the team in points in the playoffs...

I couldn't stomach him leaving, a hard-working character guy that'll give you 20+ goals and 50+ points, along with a solid two-way game. The money is a bit much but with the increase in the salary cap its to be expected and I expect the cap should increase some more over the next few years.

vCash
    He had 7 points...what does that tell you? As I said, regular season, much like everyone on this team besides a few, he produces, come playoffs he's pretty much non existent. It's Ovechkin vs the other team.

vCash
    He had 7 points...what does that tell you? As I said, regular season, much like everyone on this team besides a few, he produces, come playoffs he's pretty much non existent. It's Ovechkin vs the other team.
    Huh? Did you not notice everybody had an off-year? Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, etc. Its hard to adjust to a 180 in scheme and I'd imagine the team will be much more comfortable by year 2. Brooks is the most effective pker the tean has, he can be a solid contributor on the PP, and is more than competent on even strength. I really can't even see the alternative, this FA class blows.

(Even though Boudreau should be canned)

vCash
    Of course everyone had changes, but it's not just these playoffs I'm talking about. I mean remember Backstrom complaining about having to play center, the pk and the pp? That's 100% ********. You don't hear Crosby complaining.

Problem is Bruce is an idiot, changing to a D style play when this whole team is about offense, even the D men are. McPhee needs to bring in real D men, not these hybrids and also bring in a coach.

I seriously believe even with the lack of D we would have come MUCH closer to the finals if we had a coach who knew what he was doing in the playoffs.

vCash
    Of course everyone had changes, but it's not just these playoffs I'm talking about. I mean remember Backstrom complaining about having to play center, the pk and the pp? That's 100% ********. You don't hear Crosby complaining.

Problem is Bruce is an idiot, changing to a D style play when this whole team is about offense, even the D men are. McPhee needs to bring in real D men, not these hybrids and also bring in a coach.

I seriously believe even with the lack of D we would have come MUCH closer to the finals if we had a coach who knew what he was doing in the playoffs.
    Trust me, I was beyond frustrated after the outcome of these playoffs and I'm still pissed Boudreau's coming back. Fact is, management blamed the personnel for the outcome and not Boudreau. So with that being the case there better be personnel changes and there already has been with Brouwer who should provide grit and I expect a trade or two to shake up the team.

vCash
    Yeah we'll see what happens, it better work out or McPhee is definitely done and I'd say Bruce it too.