Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3139 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 213926393039308931293137313831393140314131493189323936394139 ... LastLast
Results 47,071 to 47,085 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Not really news but this was on Jesse Rogers Twitter. Also had another one later that said the Hawks did try and bring back Eager during the season

Ok, since everyone loves the ex-hawks...in order i think chances of coming back are 1) sopel, 2) eager, 3) madden
    http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChiHawks/s...57523260485632

vCash
    NHL.com brought up Andrew Brunette as a possibility. He would definitely fill a top 6 role nicely.

JJ from HB is saying Scotty Bowman likes Jonathan Ericsson. I'm not a fan, he reminds me of Cam Barker - has size but doesn't use it and is slow.

vCash
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/top30.html

According to TFP, the top 30 free agents and where they might go.

TFP has the Blackhawks interested in Richards, Kaberle, Wisniewski, Leino, and Ward.

vCash
    Outta those I really only have interest in Leino and Ward. The other three cost too much and Wiz still makes me sick. Adding Kaberle would basically be adding Campbell. And while I like Richards, he's getting older and don't think he's worth the money and especially years.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    The forum has ben dead lately, we gotta get this free agency rollin' to spark this forum..
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Come on Kennedy! People keep resigning, I want an FA frenzy!

I can't imagine that Erhoff actually signs at NYI. I just want as many people making it to the 1st as possible.
    Also from the Pens...Maxime Talbot would be great for the fourth line (did make 1.5Mil last year though). He can chirp with the best of them.

vCash
    Leino, Ward, or Wiz would all help our team. TFP's interested teams always seem guessed at, though.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    The forum has ben dead lately, we gotta get this free agency rollin' to spark this forum..
    Boy, if you think this is dead around here. . . Only a handful of us posted through the season, this is a surge.

Talbot would be a welcome addition.

vCash
    Eklund chat: Answers a question saying that based on past July 1st moves (Hossa) he thinks we might have the potential to make a play at Richards. Also offers Sean Bergenheim, and Antti Miettinen as possibilities. Answering a question about Kaberle, suggests that he could bring a lot to a contender like Chicago.

*Note none of those are hard rumors, just his answers to questions about July 1st.

vCash
    Nearly every move Bowman has made since we won the Cup has been a good one, due to the cirumstances.

Dumping Campbell was a pheonomenal trade.

As for Brouwer? Well, you're just not very good troy. Mediocre players tend to move around a lot. Get used to it and sack up. You make good money in this business. You have no right to complain.

If anyone deserves to complain, it would be someone like Campbell, Huet, etc who signed there in free agency and then was traded.

Troy Brouwer needs to remember that he's Troy Brouwer.

vCash
    If it was true, it would be in the news. You can't keep something like that secret.

vCash
    This concerns me.

Kane's trials with booze are no secret in Chicago, and in the past year there have been these slight murmurings of coke talk. From everything I've read about the guy and the two times I've encountered him for an extended period of time (Campbell's poker tourney and a northside bar) he seems like the exact kind of candidate who could get caught up in this kind of thing.

That said, if it is true (and it could be, these things are possibly to keep under wraps if orchestrated properly) it's commendable that he's addressing it on his own accord, but it'd be pretty disheartening to hear that all those whispers of drug abuse were true.

vCash

Down to the big 10, who's the next and last to go?

After the departures of Campbell and Brouwer, the Hawks are down to 10 members of the Stanley Cup winning squad.

5 of them could potentially be shown the door any time from tomorrow to a year or two from now, while logic would have you believe that the other 5 are relatively safe for the foreseeable future. So 2 questions arise: Who will be the last to stay, and the first to go?

Out the door candidates:

Bickell - Probably not a huge threat to be traded having had what most would regard as a high caliber season last year and costing the Hawks next to nothing.

Bolland - A team with the continuous nagging question of a 3rd line center isn't too likely to trade away the one anchoring their 2nd line. Also unlikely.

Hendry - For my money, the most likely candidate to narrow our Cup captives to 9. His contract's up, he didn't show much of anything in our abbreviated playoff run, he just seems very replaceable at this point, especially with the money we have to spend.

Hjalmarsson - An interesting candidate thanks to our old friend the Panthers. The thought going into the offseason was if we were moving anyone to unload cap space, it'd be him. But now we're free (free at last) of Campbell's paper. So does the slash-and-burn technique continue or have we cleared enough to do what we want to do? And at 3.5 a year, is anyone biting?

Sharp - Every indication is he's plans A, B, and C of our to do list. Seems like he'll be locked up in the same manner Seabrook was unless things were to completely break down. Stranger things have happened, though.

Committed to the Indian:

Hossa: He's 32, but his contract goes on seemingly forever. At some point, something's gotta give does it not?

Kane: When the question comes up "If you're gonna trade any of the Hawk stars, who are you most likely to move?" he seems to be the prevailing response. He's young, he's an All-Star, he's a silver medalist, he's a scorer...is he un-tradeable?

Keith: He's signed long term, he's the heart and soul of the defense if not the team, he's still relatively young at 27, you'd have to believe he's Toews most serious threat to be here for the longest run...wouldn't you?

Seabrook: He's got the advantage of being a full 2 years younger than Duncs, he's got that fat new contract, he'll be here awhile no doubt, but is that while the longest of the bunch?

Toews: I'll be shocked if this isn't the runaway choice. He's the captain, he embodies everything that is Blackhawk hockey, he's a Conn Smythe winner and a gold medalist, and oh...he's 23 years old. I've ended all these brief bios with a question so I guess in his case the only one you can ask: If he isn't your choice, explain yourself....please?

(Please note you're expected to vote twice on the poll, once for next to leave and again for last to stay)

vCash
    Some bigger names are finally being linked to the Hawks like Max Talbot:

#Leafs #Blackhawks #Sharks all remain interested in #Penguins Talbot. 2M per season over 4 years remains the ball park for his services.
    http://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/stat...30759869169664

vCash

Former Hawks News: Florida Signs Tomas Kopecky

Dale Tallon at it again.........

Signs Tomas Kopecky for 12 million for 4 years thats 3 million per year! Wow!!!